What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Ryles

Votes: 17 25.4%
  • Morris

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Cheika

Votes: 25 37.3%

• Total voters

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The presser to me reveals that I was wrong about them just looking at experienced coaches. They will consider a rookie that is currently an assistant.

My tip:

It will be Ryles or Hannay.

#videoanalysis
#gutfeel
6.50 min mark, coaching option questions….Jim goes “we’re in …” then quickly changes to “what we are looking…”

could have been an accident,….but think it suggests they may have already identified who they want….and in discussions with them…and had to quickly change his answer…

Would be surprised if after what has happened, they don’t already have a short list …..

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Reckon Slater coaching wouId end in tears. He has bugger all experience! Coaching for 6 weeks with the best players, an unlimited squad and cap isn’t a good base for the week to week NRL grind

Yeah he speaks well and obviously knows his footy, but nrl coaching is a lot more then that.

He has zero experience of what is required. I remember Gus saying he liked to give potential assistants a side to coach (like 20’s / reserves) as that is where you learn, what it takes to coach

Avenger

Immortal
Reckon Slater coaching wouId end in tears. He has bugger all experience! Coaching for 6 weeks with the best players, an unlimited squad and cap isn’t a good base for the week to week NRL grind

Yeah he speaks well and obviously knows his footy, but nrl coaching is a lot more then that.

He has zero experience of what is required. I remember Gus saying he liked to give potential assistants a side to coach (like 20’s / reserves) as that is where you learn, what it takes to coach
It won’t be him regardless.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Interesting, he said : Brad has the strongest say on Recruitment and who leaves and whos stays
from 10:39
This is obvious. He met with Lomax before we signed him ffs. But having a say in recruitment doesn't mean coaches get the squad they want. If they want to keep a player and a rival offers overs, he's gone. During the salary cap fallout it came out that Arthur's agitated for the club to find TPAs so we could improve the squad. The reason is TPAs let you pay less under the cap and fit more talent in. Without resources like this it doesn't matter how much say the coach has.

Gronk

Staff member
Danny Weedler: "You made the decision to sack Brad on 1 May but continued to say that he had your full support !"

You lied !

Sad Baby GIF

hindy111

Post Whore
BA was not a successful coach. He come in 2014 when the side had been rebuilt to a decent standard. He still didn't manage top 8.
2015 a weaker squad and no finals.
2018 a top 8 squad and the spoon.
2023 and 2024 squads top 8 quality and went tits up.
The years he made finals we had very good squads. Come finals we basically shat ourselves most the time.

Some people on here are dillusional. Give me one year he over achieved.

hindy111

Post Whore

I wouldn't mind Slater but yes he is no better an option then any other Rookie.
Look at Ciraldo and Webster for example. Are they good? Who knows this early on.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
With Benny being official at Souffs, he's off the list.

Again, if therer are any strong links to another prospect I'll amend the list.
You've got f**ken Cheika there. The Lebanese Alan Jones. He is no chance. Maguire has at least won a premiership and still actively coaching NRL players (sometimes).

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
6.50 min mark, coaching option questions….Jim goes “we’re in …” then quickly changes to “what we are looking…”

could have been an accident,….but think it suggests they may have already identified who they want….and in discussions with them…and had to quickly change his answer…

Would be surprised if after what has happened, they don’t already have a short list …..
*bus

hindy111

Post Whore
Personally I would like D.Pay. With a weak Bulldogs side he always had good defense.
Whoever we sign I want them to be defensively minded and add some grit to our defense.
You can attack with your defense by mentally breaking sides and bashing them out of the game. We have far to MA y soft players and soft attitudes.