What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels production line still working.

parra pete

Referee
Than heavens for the EELs production line.. It is still propping up the NRL with quality players and coaches.
The NRL has a lot to thank Brian Smith and his coaching panel for. putting the finishing touches on players he picked up from the "Reject Shop" and releasing them back into the main stream. What would have happened to Wests without "turnstile" Hodgson, what would the Manly score been with out "born again" Scott Donald and Daniel Heckenberg How would Newcastle have been without the freshly released Steve Witt plugging up a hole?
As a strong Rugby League follower... Thank you Smithy for your fantastic efforts :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chipmunk

Coach
parra pete said:
Than heavens for the EELs production line.. It is still propping up the NRL with quality players and coaches.
The NRL has a lot to thank Brian Smith and his coaching panel for. putting the finishing touches on players he picked up from the "Reject Shop" and releasing them back into the main stream. What would have happened to Wests without "turnstile" Hodgson, what would the Manly score been with out "born again" Scott Donald and Daniel Heckenberg How would Newcastle have been without the freshly released Steve Witt plugging up a hole?
As a strong Rugby League follower... Thank you Smithy for your fantastic efforts :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And your point with this comment in relation to the performances of Parramatta this season and their abilities to win the 2004 NRL Premiership is what????

parra pete

Referee
None.... Just giving credit where credit is due, and thanking the Eels for providing a competitive football competition propped up by players developed in their production line :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have said on many occasions that Brian Smith has changed our club because of the structure he has put in with the Juniors and all, we have the best Juniors in the comp. Jersey Flegg team this year is probably one the best in our history and everyone should go out and see them play. The harold mathews team is awesome as well and the S.G ball team is doing ok.

Its just that we can't keep them and many of them get the shits and go elsewhere because they can't get ago in 1st grade when they get older. What chance do they have when Smith plays players out of position all the time?

Tim Smith (halfback) and Feleti Mateo(Lock/2nd row), Brett delaney(5/8 /Lock/utility) are going to be knocking on the 1st Grades team door very very soon I hope Smith opens it.

Chipmunk

Coach
Alot of your posts Parra Pete in this forum seemed to be aimed at defending Brian Smith and his abilities and inturn having a go at the 'anti-Smith brigade'.

I dont believe that anyone in the anti-Smith side of things has any doubts about the advances to the Club that Brian Smith has achieved since he came to the Club. As far as I can understand they also dont have any issues with the way that he has developed the players who have come and gone, nor his ability to rejuvinate some older players.

But at the end of the day none of this has any relevance to whether or not Brian Smith is still the right person to be the Head Coach at Parramatta. No team wins games just on the deeds of the past and this seems to be the main gripe of the anti-Smith side of things.

Surely using your logic in your posts Parra Pete that if Parramatta was to keep or have a coach at the Club based on his successes of the past then they would get Premiership winning coaches like Jack Gibson or John Monie coaching at the Club again. So why arent they? Very simply because they are no longer the right option for the Club to win the Premiership. These two guys were great coaches in the past for the Club. But their time came and went. Gibson knew when it was time to go and made the best decision for him and the Club. John Monie probably hung around one season too long but he also knew when his usefulness to the Club was up......

And this is in the most the argument of the 'anti-Smith brigage' that Smith's time at the Club, which has sensational beneficial to the Club albeit without Premiership success, has probably come and gone.

half

Coach
all i can say is parra pete's level of crap only matches the level of crap frequently posted by parra-bashers. it's good to read something different though. that's fo sho

the smith factor is useless to talk about. put simply, who was the last player as great as nathan hindmarsh to walk away from the game without a premiership? and jamie lyon doesn't count!

parra pete

Referee
Tom Raudonikis???
The players who have played under Brian Smith become BETTER than when they first arrive.. I cannot think of ONE player who has become a WORSE player by the Smith influence.

parra pete

Referee
Tom Raudonikis???
The players who have played under Brian Smith become BETTER than when they first arrive.. I cannot think of ONE player who has become a WORSE player by the Smith influence.

Latest posts