What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels seeking permission to cheat salary cap...

Loudstrat

Coach
Nice spin, mate.

I've been saying that he whored himself out to the AFL in almost all of my posts on the subject.

Do you honestly think that he decided on his own to leave the AFL?
Good for you for stating the obvious. Wether he decided on his own or not is moot point. The fact is that until 5pm yesterday he was leaving a bigger contract to take up a smaller one. I didnt hear you or anyone saying that his move to Parra was for money.

All you did was win the toss of the coin. You certainly didnt predict he'd reject the Parra contract to take up a different one in union, but if you did - and can provide a link -I'll stand corrected.

For me, the most disappointing thing about it all has been how my club acted. After years of incompetence from a questionably-abled CEO in Osborne and a string of average coaches, we hire Stuart (for all his issues, he is a man of confidence and leadership) and Edwards to lead us into a new era. I was hoping we would finally begin to act as a professional club with these two at the helm.

Sadly, though...
This.

At least we still have Willie Tonga......................](*,)

Ausguy

Coach
What day does Stuart do his weekly article?

The ARLC are the reason Parramatta won't make the 8, no doubt.

100%... wait for it. RS cant help himself, he HAS to blame someone else. Hey Ricky... here's a tip. Blame Israel. He used you and your club as a pawn.

Checkmate.

Yep. How will the Eels manage without an overrated, overpaid center who excels at jumping?

Yup, every highlight real is of him scoring from a bomb. Parra dodged a bullet.

Fire

First Grade
Nice new profile pic sstid. What does it symbolise, the struggle against all things lol@souffs lol

Loudstrat

Coach
100%... wait for it. RS cant help himself, he HAS to blame someone else. Hey Ricky... here's a tip. Blame Israel. He used you and your club as a pawn.

Checkmate.
I'm guessung you normally say "checkmate" before the board is even set up. Ricky hasnt had his article published yet :lol:

Are you somehow suggesting Ricky Stuart is to blame?

Perth Red

Post Whore
$3mill over 4 years? Seriously was that what he was offered by the Eels? Has no one learnt from penrith's disastrous cap strategy?

natheel

Coach
....so we can now put to bed the theory he was happy to sign on for just 100K in 2013?

You would think that would be a bit of a fib on izzys part. But realistically what club in the NRL would sign a player who will probably need a year to get back to his best physically. Only rugby has that type of cash to throw around

I reckon he will backflip on union tbh if true that the contract had been accepted by NRL then he may have second thoughts. He could have been getting frustrated with how the NRL was piss farting around with it

Ausguy

Coach
I'm guessung you normally say "checkmate" before the board is even set up. Ricky hasnt had his article published yet :lol:

Are you somehow suggesting Ricky Stuart is to blame?

No not at all, im suggesting RS will have a big sook about it as predicted by GKD above. He will beat around the bush to make it out it was everyone elses fault when in reality the NRL and Parra probably never had a shot at securing him. RS wont see this and as a result wont drop it and put it down to the fact he and the NRL got played by Izzy.

Its how he operates, all talk no action. As a Sharks fan I used to cringe listening to his post match PC comments when he would blame a ref for a loss knowing full well the players had farked it up. Sometimes Ricky you gotta cop it and move on.

parraeels2010

Juniors
the parramatta board elections are next week i reckon this is just a ploy by the current board to make it look like we've lost folau but then next week make it look like theyve pulled of a miracle by announcing folau signing aday before the elections.

also i dont believe this because there has been no comment by folau,his manager or Stuart. also there has been no RU club named or legenth of contract mentioned.
this is just a rumour started by danny weilder

natheel

Coach
Apparently he told eels of his decision Friday morning when at the members training session ken Edwards said they're doing everything they can do which was in the evening

There is a statement on the eels website about it

BunniesMan

Immortal
Super Rugby's NSW Waratahs have emerged as a shock home possibility for code-hopper Israel Folau.
The former Australian rugby league international quit AFL's Greater Western Sydney Giants last month claiming he wanted to return to the NRL with Parramatta.
But after stunning Eels management on Friday with the announcement he would not join them for the 2013 season or beyond - despite the club and the NRL agreeing on a deal that would fit within Parramatta's salary cap - Super Rugby are believed to have emerged as the frontrunners for his services.
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/folau-linked-to-waratahs-20121201-2ao7y.html

Lol. Eels dodged a bullet.

Loudstrat

Coach
No not at all, im suggesting RS will have a big sook about it as predicted by GKD above. He will beat around the bush to make it out it was everyone elses fault when in reality the NRL and Parra probably never had a shot at securing him. RS wont see this and as a result wont drop it and put it down to the fact he and the NRL got played by Izzy.
You sound so convinced - why not type his article word for word here tonight and see how accurate you are.
Its how he operates, all talk no action.
What action should he take then ffs? There is no action he CAN take you f*cking gherkin!!!
As a Sharks fan I used to cringe listening to his post match PC comments when he would blame a ref for a loss knowing full well the players had farked it up. Sometimes Ricky you gotta cop it and move on.
Wow - no other coach would ever blame the ref for a loss.

Anyway, as a Sharks fan, you should be used to cringing!