What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels team list against Brisbane

isaiah

Bench
Seriously though, if either team wins by 10+, they would have to be the faves to play storm in the gf

Gazzamatta

Coach
From the captains run photos, looks like Vave may get a start.

Reckon Gower may drop out for him.

Franky to remain in the top 17.
Looks that way. Hopefully Vaves had a rocket up him because his last start was very poor.
Not sure about FP. I havent liked what Ive seen from him thus far. To go with Matagi, can be poor defensively (check out Titans initial try last week), Vave who was a slug in his last game and FP who is also poor defensively is a big gamble. I reckon Gower replaces FP although I reckon Gower has dropped form as well. Manu will be sorely missed regardless of who plays.

hindy111

Post Whore
Looks that way. Hopefully Vaves had a rocket up him because his last start was very poor.
Not sure about FP. I havent liked what Ive seen from him thus far. To go with Matagi, can be poor defensively (check out Titans initial try last week), Vave who was a slug in his last game and FP who is also poor defensively is a big gamble. I reckon Gower replaces FP although I reckon Gower has dropped form as well. Manu will be sorely missed regardless of who plays.

Should of blooded Niakuore earlier in season. Seems to be Wentys form guy.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Frank Pritchard will come off the bench after 20 minutes and replace Moeroa on the left. Edwards will start on the right and probably play 80. If he needs a rest it'll be Moeroa replacing him on the right.

I thought Fritchard looked good for Wenty in limited minutes on the weekend. Plus he and Mennings each have more finals experience than the rest of our top 17 put together.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Frank Pritchard will come off the bench after 20 minutes and replace Moeroa on the left. Edwards will start on the right and probably play 80. If he needs a rest it'll be Moeroa replacing him on the right.

I thought Fritchard looked good for Wenty in limited minutes on the weekend. Plus he and Mennings each have more finals experience than the rest of our top 17 put together.
Didnt see the Wenty game Poo. Hope you are right. So Tepai plays 80 on/in right/middle? A big ask.

Gazzamatta

Coach
If we had two of Matagi, FP and Vave on at the same time it would be disastrous IMHO. Three at the same time, see ya later top 4.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If we had two of Matagi, FP and Vave on at the same time it would be disastrous IMHO. Three at the same time, see ya later top 4.
Yeah fair point, though Fritchard has played exclusively on the edge since he came to Parra (and the entire time in the UK and at the Bulldogs). He has surprised me with his mobility. He is an absolute freak. I'd say his only real downside (aside from the fact he isn't as destructive as he was) is that he is probably injury prone now. Not a big deal for a forward, since we have replacements already in the 17.

hindy111

Post Whore
My bench for this game assuming Scotts not fit

Terepo
Frank
Matagi
Vae/Gower

Backrow mins
Brown = 80
KE - 80
Frank - 50 -Tepai -30

Front - 160mins needed
Tepai - 20
Alvaro -40
Mannah -30
Matagi - 25
Vae - 20
Terepo - 25

Just have to hope we habe most possesion in Vae stint.

Latest posts