What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eels v rabbits

Redback71

First Grade
man ive got a feeling this will not be an easy game and we may struggle to win cause the rabbits r just playing a lot better than us at the moment.

Phillips

Referee
my team against souths would be:
1. Burt
2. McKinnon
3. Langi
4. Vaealiki
5. Grothe
6. Witt
7. Dykes
8. Armit
9. Morris
10. Peek
11. Hindmarsh
12. Cayless (C)
13. Muspratt

14. Stapleton
15. Moimoi
16. Widders
17. Thorman

Eelectrica

Referee
With our loss and a big souths win over the sharks, that should knock any complacency out of us at least.

Redback71

First Grade
i bet the tab will not have the rabbits at 151 for the wooden spoon on monday and i blieve this puts the rabbits at the top of the table

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I think we can beat Souths still, we did show some good signs tonight but we just couldn't convert it points.

Y2Eel

First Grade
my team for souths
1. Burt
2. Peterson
3. O'Dwyer
4. Vaealiki
5. Grothe
6. Morris
7. Dykes
8. Armit
9. webster
10. Peek
11. Hindmarsh
12. Cayless (C)
13. Wagon

14. Stapleton
15. Vella
16. Widders
17. Langi

Misty Bee

First Grade
Anyone that lists Wagon in their side needs urgent therapy! The Llama is friggin useless as teletext on Stevie Wonders telly! 2 dropped balls in try scoring opositions, and a big turnstile on (McClinden?) for a Raiders try? That's a poss 18 points: thus the game.

The Llama should never graze on a NRL field again. Cut yer losses on him Smithy. Time to bring back Witt.

As for the Rabbits, they are playing better than us. They have enthusiasm, spark around the ruck, and back themselves. They also have a few blokes who can sopark attack close to the line. We have 2 - Morris and Dykes. They have a decent 5/8 (Carney is brilliant). We have a clapped out Llama. Wouldn't surprise me to see 'em in the top 8 closer to the semis.

With the ball we cough up, the Bunnies should start favorites.

Glenn

First Grade
LOL Misty on the negative pills again are we
If Parramatta can hold the ball, they should win by 10-20 points

Chipmunk

Coach
Phillips said:
my team against souths would be:
1. Burt
2. McKinnon
3. Langi
4. Vaealiki
5. Grothe
6. Witt
7. Dykes
8. Armit
9. Morris
10. Peek
11. Hindmarsh
12. Cayless (C)
13. Muspratt

14. Stapleton
15. Moimoi
16. Widders
17. Thorman

I watched Premier League today, McKinnon was dreadful!!

Parraren

Bench
McKinnon :roll:

Please, we need to improve the side not make it worse :shock:

Is Witty playing well enough in Prem's to be thrown back into First Grade? I've heard good reports on Muspratt, Thorman, Moi Moi & Kaufusi but apparently Witty is still hot & cold after his offseason shoulder surgery.

I agree, we need to make changes, but making changes for the sake of it will only be like shooting ourselves in the foot. We can't just pick Witt on how he played last season, we have to pick him based on his current form, which from all reports ain't that crash hot.

O'Dwyer was killing it in Premier League, so we all wanted him in First Grade after the Bulldogs debacle. Now he's in First Grade and people are calling for his head? #-o

Chipmunk

Coach
Parraren said:
McKinnon :roll:

Please, we need to improve the side not make it worse :shock:

Is Witty playing well enough in Prem's to be thrown back into First Grade? I've heard good reports on Muspratt, Thorman, Moi Moi & Kaufusi but apparently Witty is still hot & cold after his offseason shoulder surgery.

I agree, we need to make changes, but making changes for the sake of it will only be like shooting ourselves in the foot. We can't just pick Witt on how he played last season, we have to pick him based on his current form, which from all reports ain't that crash hot.

O'Dwyer was killing it in Premier League, so we all wanted him in First Grade after the Bulldogs debacle. Now he's in First Grade and people are calling for his head? #-o

O'Dwyer needs some time to develop. That should be done in my opinion at the moment in Premier League. You have to remember that he hasnt come through the same regime as most other NRL footballs, he has effectively only been involved in elite level football for a month. Most players who have make first grade have been within the NRL Clubs from the SG Ball or at least Flegg and spent 3-4 years before finally getting to first grade. Let him learn in his right environment.

I have only seen Thorman play the once and that was today. He is sensational in my opinion. Exactly the player we need in First Grade. He has got NRL First Grade written all over him. Must be in the First Grade team.

Witt has his moments, but not the same player he was last year.

Fui Fui I think could be handy off an interchange bench, but he seems to tire pretty quickly. He is probably only good for 2 x 15 mins spells at the most.

Kaufusi impressed me, I think he would be a better option on the bench for First Grade than Fui Fui.

Muspratt is a very good player, good skills, excellent defence. A much better player than Wagon and O'Dwyer. Should get a run in first grade soon.

It was clear to me that Thorman and Muspratt are too good for Premier League.

I am keen to see Chris Muckert when he returns from injury. Hopefully Graham will come back a better player as well.

Parraren

Bench
I agree with everything you've said there Chipmunk. O'Dwyer may infact make way for Muckert or Hopkins next week anyway. Nevertheless, I think the kid has done himself real proud and has played with plenty of heart but as you say, he needs more time to develop his game.

I said in the other thread you wrote that I don't think we've quite got the right mix of players yet for our top 17. Muckert & Muspratt were consistent performers in first grade last year with the Cowboys and I think they both need to come into the side. Thorman could add alot of spark as well. He seems to be proving himself in Premier League so maybe now's the time to throw him in. We also really need an impact forward off the bench too. Widders gives us the spark and speed but we need some power too. Kaufusi could be the man for the job. Let's hope Smithy makes the right choices for next week [-o<

Latest posts