What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels.v Round One 2018 Team List Thread

Semi is a far more destructive runner than hayne ... than anyone really ... i loved it when he popped up in the middle

Our edge forwards are capable of defending at centre and gunc aint a speedster but he is capable on the wing ... so i would be happy to put hayne on the wing and let him go for a roam occaiszionally

He was probably the most destructive runner I've seen in the last decade, the only reason I can't comment any further is because I didn't watch footy before then. He was better then Hayne, Inglis and Folau - not necessarily a better overall player but pure ball running he was the best. Just imagine he stayed and we kept that fat f**k who's wasting his career down in Canberra. Might as well just hang over the trophy before the season even started.

emjaycee

Coach
He was probably the most destructive runner I've seen in the last decade, the only reason I can't comment any further is because I didn't watch footy before then. He was better then Hayne, Inglis and Folau - not necessarily a better overall player but pure ball running he was the best. Just imagine he stayed and we kept that fat f**k who's wasting his career down in Canberra. Might as well just hang over the trophy before the season even started.
You mean something like this squad and you think we would win the comp?

1. Gutho
2. Semi
3. Jennings
4. Hayne
5. French *
6. Norman
7. Moses
8. Mannah
9. King
10. Paulo
11. Ma'u
12. Taka
13. Brown

14. Scott
15. Edwards
16. Tepai
17. Evans

18. Matagi
19. Vave
20. Williams
21. Smith
22. Au'vau
23. Hoffman
24. Terepo
25. Alvaro
26. Gower
27. Stone
28. Niukore
29. Kritchard
30. Gennings
31. Mahoney
32. GL
33. Aukofalou
34. Davis
35. Salmon

* edit - had Semi twice

Last edited:
You mean something like this squad and you think we would win the comp?

1. Gutho
2. Semi
3. Jennings
4. Hayne
5. Semi
6. Norman
7. Moses
8. Mannah
9. King
10. Paulo
11. Ma'u
12. Taka
13. Brown

14. Scott
15. Edwards
16. Tepai
17. Evans

18. Matagi
19. Vave
20. Williams
21. Smith
22. Au'vau
23. Hoffman
24. Terepo
25. Alvaro
26. Gower
27. Stone
28. Niukore
29. Kritchard
30. Gennings
31. Mahoney
32. GL
33. Aukofalou
34. Davis
35. Salmon

If we had 2 of him then most definitely :joy:

crocodile

Bench

So sorry you didn't get to see Eric Grothe Snr play. Debatable who was the best runner but fmd could that man shift some bodies on his way to the chalk. Against some pretty good sides too. A joy.

Gronk

Staff member
So sorry you didn't get to see Eric Grothe Snr play. Debatable who was the best runner but fmd could that man shift some bodies on his way to the chalk. Against some pretty good sides too. A joy.

I am not sure of the regularity, but his ability to chase down a merkin in the clear was uncanny. Sitting in the crowd, if there was a line break you would look to see where Eric was. Then he came, running diagonally towards a winger heading down the touch line, able to bundle him into touch or cut him down before the line.

All this whilst being the laziest, most injury and error riddled player on the park.

crocodile

Bench
I am not sure of the regularity, but his ability to chase down a merkin in the clear was uncanny. Sitting in the crowd, if there was a line break you would look to see where Eric was. Then he came, running diagonally towards a winger heading down the touch line, able to bundle him into touch or cut him down before the line.

All this whilst being the laziest, most injury and error riddled player on the park.

Saw him do that in one of the early origins only to get a whack in the jaw from Chris Close for his troubles right at the line.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Had a few amazing highlights but for the most part he was a lazy underachiever.

Can't play guitar for shit either.

strider

Post Whore
Semi had sooooo many ways he could beat someone .... he was unique in my time watching league