What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eiduer Gudjonnsson to Man Utd?

Craig

Juniors
Sorry if I spelt his name wrong, but on SBS on Sunday they said Manchester United might be interested in him as Gudjohnnsson may not get as many opportunities at Chelsea.

And they said that Fergie will be looking to use the Jan 1 transfer window.

suburbanknight

Juniors
Mmm. That stories from over a year ago. Fowler was still at Leeds!!!!

I will stick by my original statement and say that, just like Deans link, its a load of old cobblers.

John_Travolta

Juniors
GOOD1, it`ed be good if ppl actually read articles and tried to find out for themselves wouldn`t it before posting such things.

Troy

hybrid_tiger

Coach
He has been playing frequently for Chelsea, even if it is off the bench and i think he is important to them.

Craig

Juniors
suburbanknight said:
No mention of this anywhere in the UK. Its a load of old tosh mate.

Any mention of Fergie using the Jan 1 transfer window in the UK?

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Man Utd recently made a profit of £39million, and there were reports that someone in the management (I can't remember who it was) saying that the cash would be available if Fergie wanted to go for someone. The problem for the January window is that almost all candidates will be cup-tied for this year so we won't be able to use them in the Champions League.

The name that seems to be a recurring theme is Defoe, but as long as West Ham keep trying to get £12m for him it is doubtful that we'll make a move. If we are paitent and wait to see if West Ham stay in division 1 next season, we could then move in and almost certainly get him for less than £6. But with him not being cup-tied, we may be tempted to buy him in January so we'll have someone to take the heat of Ruud in the CL and the EPL.

Craig

Juniors
I read today in BFW that they be interested in Phillpe Mexes of Auxerre, and I dont believe they are involved in UEFA Cup or in Champions League (well I know that one).

John_Travolta

Juniors
No, well they aren`t in the Champions League.....hmmm Might look into that i`m always on French soccer sites I haven`t seen one lately about him, interesting though!.

Troy

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Mexes is a class player and is being chased by a number of Elite European Clubs including Man U, Arsenal, Roma, Juventus and the like.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
We've been linked with Mexes for about 18 months now. But then again, just about all the top teams have been. The problem is that he is too similar to our other defenders. Young, fairly in-experienced, and a so-called 'cultured' defender. What we are really missing is an experienced hard-man, the type of player that won't care if he hurts the attacker as long as he gets the ball into row 18.

I wish we'd kept Stam. :cry:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Mad Duck said:
We've been linked with Mexes for about 18 months now. But then again, just about all the top teams have been. The problem is that he is too similar to our other defenders. Young, fairly in-experienced, and a so-called 'cultured' defender. What we are really missing is an experienced hard-man, the type of player that won't care if he hurts the attacker as long as he gets the ball into row 18.

I wish we'd kept Stam. :cry:

Sounds like you need a Samuel...

:D