What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elijah Taylor

SilentOne

Juniors
would like to see Mannering switch to 13 and have Mateo and Bakuya the second rowers.

Lowrie can f**k off.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Can't believe all the posts combining praise of Taylor with "but Henry's better". Did Ben Henry become a good player while he was injured?

For me they're both ordinary but I think Elijah has a bit more game.

WithTheDawn

Juniors
I'd say Henry was a better player at the start of the season, but Taylor may have developed into a better one this season. Given Henry is still developing though, I think he has the potential to be at least as good as Taylor has been for us this year. I'd rather have both though of course...

FFS Henry is so average open your bloody eyes

I know he has that nice guy aura about him and has a friendly smile and knows how to structure more than a few words in one sentence

But he is so average on the field I cannot believe people are rating him. He's better than me but no way has he got anything on Taylor

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
FFS Henry is so average open your bloody eyes

I know he has that nice guy aura about him and has a friendly smile and knows how to structure more than a few words in one sentence

But he is so average on the field I cannot believe people are rating him. He's better than me but no way has he got anything on Taylor

Well I think Henry would be a perfect bench option.
Rotate him with Mateo and offer centre cover.

Whilst Mannering and Bukuya play big minutes

hitman82

Bench
I can't believe all the people singing Elijah Taylor's praises. He has had some good games this season sure... but not the majority. When I think of Taylor's season I will remember weak runs, him getting dragged along behind opposition forwards, and a couple of nice lines run for tries off short passes.

Henry is Taylor + added strength and ball playing ability tbh. Oh, and Henry is not prone to throwing straight-genius blind passes to nobody.

vvvrulz

Coach
Both Henry and Taylor are decent players at best, but nothing great at all.

Taylor has the edge and both will get better with experience, but I think there is a bit too much praise being showered on both of them on here. Solid players but very replaceable.

jaseg

Juniors
I'm not getting into commenting on Taylor's actual ability or comparing him to Henry, but I just like the way he didn't go off the boil after signing for another club a long way out ala Lewis Brown. That shows professionalism and a good attitude IMHO, and that is what the team may miss the most.

I do really like Bukuya though, so while it's not ideal I'm not whinging about losing Taylor.

TheDMC

Bench
Not fussed by Taylor leaving. Tackles a lot, but I can't remember a dominating or pain inflicting tackle. Runs a bit, but not hard enough. Bukuya runs heaps harder...
Taylor would be great in our back if it was full of some hard nuts, with his more subtle play it would complement nicely. But our pack a bit marshmallowy, less the props.

Iafeta

Referee
Can't believe all the posts combining praise of Taylor with "but Henry's better". Did Ben Henry become a good player while he was injured?

For me they're both ordinary but I think Elijah has a bit more game.

I'm with you. I never really rated Henry in NYC. That said, I didn't rate Laumape either - seriously eating humble pie on that one.

I can't believe all the people singing Elijah Taylor's praises. He has had some good games this season sure... but not the majority. When I think of Taylor's season I will remember weak runs, him getting dragged along behind opposition forwards, and a couple of nice lines run for tries off short passes.

Henry is Taylor + added strength and ball playing ability tbh. Oh, and Henry is not prone to throwing straight-genius blind passes to nobody.

Taylor has shown what he is capable of doing especially with the 2nd half of the season. All the negatives about his game has been worked on and to be fair he has really turned it around. His lack of size is NOT a concern for me as he makes it all up with Intelligence and good footwork which will be very critical for the upcoming World Cup (If he's selected) or future Kiwi matches. He was my next leader after Mannering and now that he is moving on to Penrith they will make him captain eventually and that's where it will start to hurt us more as he develops more over the years

Auckland4ever

Juniors
I think he's gone pretty well and has improved as a player, but wouldn't be surprised if this season is pretty much the template for how he'll go over his career - a hard worker who chimes in quite nicely on attacking plays from time to time, but at other times is either fairly ineffectual or he overplays his hand on occasions.

I think he's gone pretty well and has improved as a player, but wouldn't be surprised if this season is pretty much the template for how he'll go over his career - a hard worker who chimes in quite nicely on attacking plays from time to time, but at other times is either fairly ineffectual or he overplays his hand on occasions.

Would be happy to wave good bye to both Taylor and Henry to be fair.

Taylor may have strung a couple of good games together, but the Elijah I remember is a complete coach killer with dumb plays.

Henry in my opinion offers very little outside of his versatility. Also seriously lacks size to be an effective 2nd rower.

Happy with the other young up and comers we're hanging onto instead of Taylor

ozbash

Referee
Happy with the other young up and comers we're hanging onto instead of Taylor

who, David Bhana ?

If Bukuyu is half the player ET has turned into, he'll go ok.

Henry in my opinion offers very little outside of his versatility. Also seriously lacks size to be an effective 2nd rower.

lol

Whatever mate. You know damn well if et and Henry were Aussies you'd be demanding they be hung, drawn and quartered.

Happy trolling

Latest posts