What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elliott re-signed for 2 years

franklin2323

Immortal
ME is now here til 2011. What the? A bit quick what happened to round 10!! Don't know if it's good yet or not

renouf

Juniors
Pretty stupid decision IMO. Why are clubs so quick to resign coaches.. now they'll have to pay out at least a 2 year contract if it goes pear shaped this year.

aussies1st

Staff member
Hehe I'm taking Elliott will have a new 5 year plan now. Surely no one would be after him so not much point in signing him early.

franklin2323

Immortal
Hehe I'm taking Elliott will have a new 5 year plan now. Surely no one would be after him so not much point in signing him early.

Haha i wish he has a 10 year plan!!! We are showing improvement so far early this year. But the same was said early last year.

As long as he plays players in the right postion IM happy

*Sandy*

First Grade
And I was so looking forward to a new coach...

I hope Leary has made the right decision for his sake. I think it was way too early to even start thinking about extending his contract.

That comment in the paper the other day about the Roosters seeking out his services obviously paid off for him. The monkeys are overfed in Penrith!!!!

panthersballboy

Juniors
What the???? Surely we could have waited until the end of the season or even mid season to look at renewing his contract.

If by the midway point we are entrenched in the 8 and playing good footy then yes plan to renew at seasons end. If we are going poorly mid year start looking for someone else for 2010.

We have only won 3 games and the Penrith management blow their load and resign him.

Oh well lets just hope we can keep improving and be thereabouts come the end of season.

franklin2323

Immortal
We had almost the same start last year as this year. end went down hill. To me it seems way to early to make a decision

The Tank

Bench
TBF we have looked good this year and he seems to have sorted his differences with a couple of players...

choc_soldier

Coach
Jeebus!!! Is that circus music I can hear from Mulgoa Road?

Way too soon to renew, let alone review it in my opinion.

There will be burning pitchforks if our season bottoms out from now and finish 12th or below again... I believe only a finals appearance could only redeem this decision.

murraymob

Coach
i am willing to give Elliott a go.He inherited a lot of under peforming players .A lot of those guys have moved on and we are now seeing the benifits .This group of players will continue to get better and better

maple_69

Bench
I've rubbished Elliott with the best of them and I do think this decision is a month or so premature. However, as mob points out, he had a lot of Brian Smith work to do and I fancy the effect of Matt Adamson was more profound on the attitudes of players than any of us could know.
Now that he is gone the spirit in the club seems to be outstanding and it certainly shows in defence.
Three wins is hardly a fair reflection on our start to the season as we've been the better side I would argue in each game and the difference between 6 points and 14 points is inexperience. There are a few minor puzzle pieces remaining but I think this side will only get better.

Odd decision and I really hope for their sake we kick on, make the finals and fulfil our potential but for now I'm going to support Elliott.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
and I fancy the effect of Matt Adamson was more profound on the attitudes of players than any of us could know.

I know someone who spoke to a high profile Penrith player recently and he asked about the teams spirits. The player responded 'Adamson's gone now so everyone is very happy at the club'

TeamSatan

Juniors
Its not April 1st.........oh no thats the taste of vomit in my mouth

A dozen soapy massages could not clear the dirty feeling i have right now.

We could have kept him on a string for at least two months and bargained his price way down......you know, SAVE some money.

Bad decision Bad Bad Bad Bad

bigfoot

Juniors
f**k.
I need a new team to follow.
Any ideas guys?
Just because we've had a few games where we haven't played like f**king geniuss you are actually not fuming over this news?
If we so much as make the top 8 this year or in the next 2 years I will run naked onto the field and do the chicken dance.
A few good games (which I might say were still basically due to individual player brilliance rather than anything that excuse for a coach could come up with), and he gets re-signed?...
I am thinking maybe the Rabbitohs might be the go...
Bad decision Bad Bad Bad Bad
This times 1 million.

murraymob

Coach
big foot i hope your dance will be down high street the scene of many a nude run by me at losing bets on penrith

Caged Panther

First Grade
Two extra seasons, what crack is being smoked at mulgoa road? Most I would have been offering taking everything into account at this point would be one extra year with some pretty serious performance clauses.

bigfoot

Juniors
Agreed Caged Panther.
2 year extension, after 2 years of rubbish and a few good (not amazing) games!? :crazy: Wow.