What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England Academy team named

JasonE

Bench
I've seen most of these players, it's an awesome team and some top players unluckily missed out. Several players are also young enough to play next year as well. Hull's 17yo halfback Thomas Lee is rumoured to be very close to playing SL soon and centre Sean Gleeson will make his debut for Wigan on monday.

Chris Ashton (Wigan Warriors)
Andy Bracek (Warrington Wolves)
Matt Brooks (Bradford Bulls)
Paul Clough (St Helens)
Matthew Cook (Bradford Bulls)
Ashley Gibson (Leeds Rhinos)
Sean Gleeson (Wigan Warriors)
Miles Greenwood (St Helens)
David Halley (Bradford Bulls)
Jamie I’Anson (Leeds Rhinos)
Matt James (Bradford Bulls)
Ben Kavenagh (Wigan Warriors)
Thomas Lee (Hull FC)
Sean Lunt (Castleford Tigers)
Dominic Maloney (Castleford Tigers)
Scott Moore (St Helens)
Eamon O’Carrol (Wigan Warriors)
Joel Tomkins (Wigan Warriors)
John Walker (Wigan Warriors)
Danny Williams (Leeds Rhinos)

bartman

Immortal
Pretty sure Andy Bracek played a few SL games earlier in the year in the forwards for Warrington too.

Paul-The-Cowboy

Juniors
Yeah. I remember Bracek playing against Saints at the HJ.

I think Joel Tomkins has also played at some point during the season from the bench.

Out of interest, Sean Gleeson is the cousin of Martin and Mark, isn't he?

JasonE

Bench
St Helens' Scott Moore.
With halves like him and Tommy Lee, England/GB will be well served in the future.

bartman

Immortal
He's only played in firsts off the bench once or twice this year. Saints have a lot of options in the halves - Roby, Higham, Lyon, Sculthorpe and Vinnie Anderson have all filled in there when Long or Hooper haven't been available this year.

JasonE

Bench
roosterbooster1 said:
how's he going
is he still playing FG?

As bartman says plus he was named man of the match in last weeks Academy Origin match for Lancashire v Yorkshire.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
Scott Moore was on the bench against Wigan and played in spells on the wing.

He looks the real deal, and I cannot understand why he is being held back. He is very young still but even when he first broke through at 16 he was easily up to playing half back physically. He could hurt forwards, such is his physical size and maturity.

He started a few last season and showed obvious class and showed no signs of being bothered by the situation. I'd like to see Anderson using him this year, at least from the bench.

JasonE

Bench
Paul-The-Cowboy said:
Yeah. I remember Bracek playing against Saints at the HJ.

I think Joel Tomkins has also played at some point during the season from the bench.

Out of interest, Sean Gleeson is the cousin of Martin and Mark, isn't he?

Yes he is, Adrian Lam his Academy coach at Wigan has big wraps on him.

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
Nice to see Castleford with 2 players in there. Sean Lunt is a very dangerous hooker, particularly likes Kieran Cunningham type lunges to the line. He's played a few times for the first team and has gone well.

On the other hand, Dom Brambani has been our most consistent academy player, but when playing for the first team he hasn't really shone and seems to be a little out of his depth. Hopefull he'll prove me wrong.

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
I think he might have done, yes. I also think he played for Lancashire in this years origin academy games. Although I may be mistaken.

JasonE

Bench
carlnz said:
who are the english playing this year? and how do you think they would go?

They play France in 2 weeks time as the curtain raiser to the Saints/Wigan Cup quarter final, they should do well as I said it's a pretty strong team.

Junior Kiwis are also scheduled to tour in November but it hasn't been confirmed.

Chris Riley (Warrington) has replaced the injured John Walker.

carlnz

Bench
I know the Junior Kiwis are touring Australia in July so i doubt if they would tour twice ine one year...

Whats the French side like? Do you think England will win by 60+

In-goal

Bench
just looking at that English squad i think they will have everyones measure this season with a list like that, Hopefully Daniel Anderson will give Scott Moore a few more runs in first team before the season is out.

JasonE

Bench
carlnz said:
I know the Junior Kiwis are touring Australia in July so i doubt if they would tour twice ine one year...

Whats the French side like? Do you think England will win by 60+

I dont know anything about the French team mate but i've got the DVD of the Yorkshire v Lancashire game which was a selection trial for the England side and there was some good quality in that.