What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England Academy team named

JasonE

Bench
Lancashire scored a last minute try to win 24-22. Scott Moore beat five players in a great stepping run before he offloaded to Paul Clough who dived over to make it 22 all. Dean Hatton converted from out wide.

JasonE

Bench
Matt Cook should be a first team regular at Bradford, I agree he is a sensation. Matt James will be in there soon as well.

bartman

Immortal
England U18s 84 beat France U18s 16. 34-10 at half time, all of France's points scored between 37th and 41st minutes.

Courtesy of Rugby Leaguer/League Express, the line-up and scorers for England were:
1. Miles Greenwood (St H) - 2 tries
2. Chris Riley (Warr) - 1 try
3. Chris Aston (Wigan)
4. Ashley Gibson (Leeds) - 2 tries, 11 goals
5. Danny Williams (Leeds) - 1 try
6. Tommy Lee (Hull) - 2 tries
7. Matty Smith (St H) - 1 try
8. Andy Bracek (Warr)
9. Scott Moore (St H)
10. Matt James (Brad) - 1 try
11. Matt Cook (Brad) - 1 try
12. Joel Tomkins (Wigan) - 3 tries
13. Paul Clough (St H) - 1 try
14. Jamie l'Anson (Leeds)
15. Eamonn O'Carroll (Wigan)
16. Ben Kavanagh (Wigan)
17. Dominic Maloney (Cas)

Gazbull

Juniors
DrewBeliever said:
I'm suprised there's only 3 Bulls players there, Matt Cooke has been sensational.

Karl Pryce would probably of been in there as well if it wasn't for the fact he's a regular in the first team at the moment as I'm pretty sure he hasn't turned 19 yet.

Gazbull

Juniors
JasonE said:
Matt Cook should be a first team regular at Bradford, I agree he is a sensation. Matt James will be in there soon as well.

Cook looks like he'll be a star but he needs to improve his defence at the moment and James looked like he needed to fill out when I saw him in pre season but that's to be expected from a 17/18 year old prop.

Paul-The-Cowboy

Juniors
Hopefully Scotty Moore will get a chance next week at Wakey. Higham and Long are out for a while and it looks like Hooper is too.

Not sure how much Anderson has seen of him, but he looks like a hot prospect. Anderson's backed Graham and Roby so far and Hardman a bit, so he's got a good chance of shining.

The England side looked awesome from what I saw (arrived at half time). Played some real good footy. It was obviously a bit hard to judge though because it was difficult to tell how good a side France was, with me arriving just after half time and there being a reasonably big half time decifit.

BTW I'll put a fiver on K.Pryce being a GB inernational in the next 2 years, injury permitting. He looks like a superb prospect. Power, pace, heart. Doesn't seem as short tempered as his brother as well, and from what i hear, he's a true pro.

Seems like the academies are starting to bear fruit now. Hemmingway of Hudds and Hartley of Salford are two half backs who didn't look out of place in the top flight.

Hopefully, these youngsters can kick on and the ESL clubs can give them a chance.

Gazbull

Juniors
Paul-The-Cowboy said:
BTW I'll put a fiver on K.Pryce being a GB inernational in the next 2 years, injury permitting. He looks like a superb prospect. Power, pace, heart. Doesn't seem as short tempered as his brother as well, and from what i hear, he's a true pro.

Karl needs to improve his defence first, and learn how to run his weight in super league, but once he does he'll be awesome.

Latest posts