What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England v Tonga Test Series 2023

wain

Juniors
all games on BBC is fantastic!

such a small thing, but I love they've promoted the womens and wheelchair games on the same poster.
All easy to read...chronological order too :)

As opposed to the cup/plate thingy they've organised over here in the southern hemisphere where it just seems confusing to most of the public about when and why teams are playing.

Jim from Oz

Juniors
Surely it will be on Kayo ?

I've only had Kayo.turned on once ( for the WC ) but will definitely pay the 1 month subscription to watch Tonga smash England 3-0
Same with me… I only ever got Kayo once and that was to watch the rugby league World Cup last year, I will get it for another month if they broadcast the England versus Tonga series… And I always make sure I email them and tell them I am getting it for international rugby league only! 😊😊😊

Perth Red

Post Whore
Realistically what size crowds can we expect for the 3 games ? All the stadiums hold about 20k... full house or half empty ??
depends how the games/results go but priced reasonably so I’d expect something like

St Helens capacity 18,000
attendance 16,000 (may sell out)

Huddersfield capacity capacity 24,500
attendance (this will largely depend on results of game 1)
14-17,000

Leeds (Headingly) capacity 21,500
attendance 14-19,000 depending if a decider or if England have lost series

total guess at this point as don’t know how well it’s being marketed over there and as said results will play a big part for interest in game 2 &3.

Perth Red

Post Whore

roughyed8

Juniors
depends how the games/results go but priced reasonably so I’d expect something like

St Helens capacity 18,000
attendance 16,000 (may sell out)

Huddersfield capacity capacity 24,500
attendance (this will largely depend on results of game 1)
14-17,000

Leeds (Headingly) capacity 21,500
attendance 14-19,000 depending if a decider or if England have lost series

total guess at this point as don’t know how well it’s being marketed over there and as said results will play a big part for interest in game 2 &3.
Looking at the ticket sales on here they look to be selling well.

Home - Rugby League Tickets https://www.eticketing.co.uk/rugbyleague/

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Are they Playing three tests against England as well?
Tbh it’s hard to find any info on what games the women are playing! I thought they were going to England but looks like they may be playing in the pacific championship? they have a game against nz on week 2 of the championship.

Tbh it’s hard to find any info on what games the women are playing! I thought they were going to England but looks like they may be playing in the pacific championship? they have a game against nz on week 2 of the championship.
They (Tonga) were only ever playing in the Pacific Championship.
England women play Wales in a one off test.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Anyone want to have a crack at the likely England lineup? I'll start

1. Welsby
2. Young
3. Watkins
4. Farnworth
5. Makinson / Charnley
6. Lomax
7. Williams (2nd & 3rd test) & ???
8. Walmsley
8. McIllorum