What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EPL Promotion and Relegation this year!

Who's comin up n who's going down?

For me I'd say Blackburn, Wigan and Wolves to be dropped.

Southampton, Cardiff and Boro to come up (because f**k West Ham and it's Cardiffs bloody turn)

Highway1

Juniors
For me the promotion places will filled by: Burnley, Cardiff City and West Ham United
" " " relegation places will be filled by: Blackburn, Wigan and Queens Park Rangers

langpark

First Grade
It's hard to predict relegation before the January transfers are finalised...

As for promotion, I'd like to see Leeds sneak back into the big time... They're only a few points adrift at the moment...

Big Sam

First Grade
Hope Bolton and Wigan go down. Dismal, negative football deserves to be punished.

Would be interesting if the Saints went up. Wonder when the last time 2 clubs got back-to-back promotions up to the top flight in two consecutive years in England (i.e. Norwich and Southampton)? I know it's happened this year in France.

And I agree Langpark - Leeds back up would be a great story too.

Mong

Post Whore
Hope Bolton and Wigan go down. Dismal, negative football deserves to be punished.

Would be interesting if the Saints went up. Wonder when the last time 2 clubs got back-to-back promotions up to the top flight in two consecutive years in England (i.e. Norwich and Southampton)? I know it's happened this year in France.

And I agree Langpark - Leeds back up would be a great story too.

Saints have been going well until recent times and are stuttering a bit now but promotion for them would be a great effort. Not sure if they will hang on or not but at this point Boro and hammers are going along nicely and are likely to go up.

Leeds going back down a division would be a great story..again.. :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
its just not the EPL if we dont have the Spammers in there to be kicked from pillar to post

langpark

First Grade
One team I've been secretly gunning for this season (way down in League Two by the way!) is Swindon. Ever since Di Canio took over as coach I've been following their progress and they're coming fourth, which is playoff zone, they're just 3 points out of the top 3, which is guaranteed promotion.

They had a great win the other day, with 10 men they came from behind to win 2-1, check out Di Canio's reaction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgxl1p5Q2lo

Mong

Post Whore
Wouldn't want to disappoint him would you :)

I agree with your point. Di cannio is a legend, i hope he is successful as a manager

boxhead

First Grade
Blackburn, Wigan and Bolton will drop I think, especially if Hoilett, Samba and Cahill depart their respective clubs.
I don't really know as far as promotions go, I'll put West Ham, Southampton and Middlesborough.

Red Bear

Referee
Wet Spam Southampton and Boro look decent at present.

Relegation long way from over. Last few years sides such as Hull and Blackpool have made cracking starts to the season only to fade very badly afterwards. Norwich and Swansea are hardly out of the woods yet.

Wigan Blackburn and Bolton do look fairly shit though and QPR's last couple of months has been poor (athough have resources to buy in January).

Jason Maher

Immortal
I'd like to see Nowrich, QPR, and Swansea all stay. Bolton will probably drop, along with Blackburn. As for who comes up, as long it's not f**king Leeds.

Mong

Post Whore
One team I've been secretly gunning for this season (way down in League Two by the way!) is Swindon. Ever since Di Canio took over as coach I've been following their progress and they're coming fourth, which is playoff zone, they're just 3 points out of the top 3, which is guaranteed promotion.

They had a great win the other day, with 10 men they came from behind to win 2-1, check out Di Canio's reaction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgxl1p5Q2lo

Good win last night against wigan as well..

langpark

First Grade
Good win last night against wigan as well..

Wow! Came from behind again too! Judging by the crowd figure, it was at capacity too! Gee the place must have been rocking when that second goal went in! Next round gets drawn this afternoon, hope it's a favourable one for them!

langpark

First Grade
They'll play the winner of Notts Forest/Leicester... Not an easy draw, but after beating Wigan, they'll feel anything is possible...