What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Excuse me but WTF is this bullshit??!?

TheDMC

Bench
Don't want to start a new thread and this one is stadium related....any recommendations on quality possie/seating to get at Mt Smart? Planning to take the wife to watch the match against St George as we fly back to Asia the morning after and thus, why the hell not. Only been 25 years or so since I watched the warriors at Mt Smart. I don't mind paying a bit more than the cheap seats. Cheers.

Reactions: Izz

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Don't want to start a new thread and this one is stadium related....any recommendations on quality possie/seating to get at Mt Smart? Planning to take the wife to watch the match against St George as we fly back to Asia the morning after and thus, why the hell not. Only been 25 years or so since I watched the warriors at Mt Smart. I don't mind paying a bit more than the cheap seats. Cheers.
I dunno the situation with season tickets etc but I always liked the West Stand (?) reasonably high up, to be able to see the entirety of the ground and also as an uncovered option for Auckland's penchant for rain.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Either the east or west stands provide good viewing, sit in the upper tiers if you want cover. You get a pretty good view from most anywhere, obviously nearer halfway is best.
the south stand for cheap end seats but it’s uncovered.

TheDMC

Bench
Thanks gents. Bugger, only a handful of single seats now available in the east or west stands from what I see in Ticketek - and none close together. South stand...hmm, available but sounds a bit average, especially if the weather sucks. I'm keen to give my wife a bit more of a comfortable, prime experience. Anyone here have any connects with the club/members that might be able to sort 2 of us out - I'll pay for the tickets, not expecting/wanting any freebies. Cheers

LeagueNut

First Grade
Most of you guys are crazy. Week 1 and week 2 finals should absolutely 100% stay at Mt Smart with as much temporary seating as possible. I can get on board with week 3 going to Eden Park if we're ever in that position. But Eden Park is still a soulless shithole for Rugby League and I can't ever see that changing.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Most of you guys are crazy. Week 1 and week 2 finals should absolutely 100% stay at Mt Smart with as much temporary seating as possible. I can get on board with week 3 going to Eden Park if we're ever in that position. But Eden Park is still a soulless shithole for Rugby League and I can't ever see that changing.
Week 1 yes- that’s standard. Bit isn’t the rules for finals in weeks 1-3 home ground, home city, home state? We’d likely have to move in week 2 anyway

Blair

Coach
I think I’ve been to more wins than losses there.
I've had a generally good vibe at the SFS. 31-all in '07, hammered 32-6 by Manly in '08 but saw Wiki's last game, lost 13-6 in '11 but can say I saw Johnson's debut, the famous win over Wests in '11, and an Easter Sunday 32-6 mauling of Easts in '18 (including the only time I've seen our NSW Cup side win, a Harris-Tevita field-goal did it).

I also sneaked into the 1998 GF at halftime.

Last edited:
Reactions: Izz

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I've had a genarally good vibe at the SFS. 31-all in '07, hammered 32-6 by Manly in '08 but saw Wiki's last game, lost 13-6 in '11 but can say I saw Johnson's debut, the famous win over Wests in '11, and an Easter Sunday 32-6 mauling of Easts in '18 (including the only time I've seen our NSW Cup side win, a Harris-Tevita field-goal did it).

I also sneaked into the 1998 GF at halftime.
I was at the 08 game as well, from memory the Warriors 20s were playing Brisbane in the curtain raiser and we up 10 with less than 5mins left and coughed up the game

Was a good old ground the SFS, watched 1 GF and 3 Prelim finals there along with a regular season game or 2

Latest posts