What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

External Review of Wests Tigers Operations.

innsaneink

Referee
This petition could be a start to get some much needed change at WTs

The signatories of this petition demand that the Wests Tigers organisation be subjected to a thorough external review, encompassing all aspects of the organisation.

This would include all aspects of governance, operational leadership, administration, day to day operations and football department operations/structures.

This petition will be shared with the senior management of Wests Tigers/Wests Ashfield.

Exsilium

First Grade
Not being privy to the structure there but wasn’t there an article from one of the board members which suggested the existing structure is hard to break?

I am all for petitions, let the voice of the fans be heard but will it gain any traction?

Tigerm

First Grade
Not being privy to the structure there but wasn’t there an article from one of the board members which suggested the existing structure is hard to break?

I am all for petitions, let the voice of the fans be heard but will it gain any traction?
Agree, if the club doesn’t want or pay heed to this type of thing, then nothing will change and I don’t think anything will?

IMO, it’s a storm in a tea cup.

Next.

Exsilium

First Grade
Agree, if the club doesn’t want or pay heed to this type of thing, then nothing will change and I don’t think anything will?

IMO, it’s a storm in a tea cup.

Next.

One could hope that enough media attention would create more urgency and give it momentum but with the current wordsmiths on the board, I feel it would dissipate quickly

innsaneink

Referee

Who knows?

Maybe we should all continue to do nothing, much like the club

Exsilium

First Grade
Who knows?

Maybe we should all continue to do nothing, much like the club

Im not suggesting fans do nothing. I’m all for being vocal and demanding change. I’m an outsider looking at how well LH and Pascoe seem to redirect any criticism with relative ease.

innsaneink

Referee
Well thats it, there is no accountability.

This has been discussed ad nauseam for a decade by WTs supporters, we really feel were up shit creek

Those "running" the show have no idea, but theyre untouchable

Well thats it, there is no accountability.

This has been discussed ad nauseam for a decade by WTs supporters, we really feel were up shit creek

Those "running" the show have no idea, but theyre untouchable

Once they introduced the voting gerrymander a few years ago accountability was all over.

They will end up governing nothing.

We will all have to find new clubs or sports to support.

Take our hard earned elsewhere.

The NRL can step in or watch us leave.

Kilkenny

Coach
Once they introduced the voting gerrymander a few years ago accountability was all over.

They will end up governing nothing.

We will all have to find new clubs or sports to support.

Take our hard earned elsewhere.

The NRL can step in or watch us leave.
Being a supporter is for life.

You don’t find another club to support.

Maybe in another league or different sport fine, but there is no let’s move on and tomorrow I‘ll have the same passion in supporting the Panthers, Roosters or whomever.

Supporting a team is tribal, it is everything or nothing.

The thing is, times are tough right now, it doesn’t alter the fact why you supported the team in the first place, why you purchased there merchandise, season tickets, it is a life long commitment and that fact should never ever be lost.

As a Panthers fan from basically day one, ie two years after their inception it hasn’t been an easy journey. Regardless of the many seasons that you guys are currently experiencing, the pain the misery, i wouldn't change a thing.

As I say, it is a life long commitment and if you live long enough and I hope you all do there will be better days ahead which will make it all the more special.

If only we were all Parisian !!

Whilst we are at it, can we partition to get rid of roundabouts and speed bumps on main roads?

It's not going to happen.

Being a supporter is for life.

You don’t find another club to support.

Maybe in another league or different sport fine, but there is no let’s move on and tomorrow I‘ll have the same passion in supporting the Panthers, Roosters or whomever.

Supporting a team is tribal, it is everything or nothing.

The thing is, times are tough right now, it doesn’t alter the fact why you supported the team in the first place, why you purchased there merchandise, season tickets, it is a life long commitment and that fact should never ever be lost.

As a Panthers fan from basically day one, ie two years after their inception it hasn’t been an easy journey. Regardless of the many seasons that you guys are currently experiencing, the pain the misery, i wouldn't change a thing.

As I say, it is a life long commitment and if you live long enough and I hope you all do there will be better days ahead which will make it all the more special.

No Killer, the evidence is that they take us for granted.

They’ve taken away our voting rights and say in things.

We are cannon fodder.

If they think we are going to hang around and join in to watch the club fall off a cliff they’ve got another thing coming.

I’m only clinging on because of the courage of the Magpies Organisation who are truth telling.

We can cop losing, but we can’t cop being exploited.

Last edited:

innsaneink

Referee

NRL 2023: Tigers fans commence fight to change management after slumping to last​

Shattered by the club’s flagging results, influential Tigers supporters have called for action in the shape of an external review of the board and senior management.

Brent Read and David Riccio
July 8, 2023 - 7:55AM

Fed-up members of the Wests Tigers supporter base have ‘lost faith’ in the club’s leadership and have commenced a petition to evoke change.

Shattered by the club’s flagging results, influential Tigers supporters have called for action in the shape of an external review of the board and senior management.

Wooden-spoon favourites, the Wests Tigers slumped to 16th on the NRL ladder following their 36-12 loss to Cronulla on Thursday night.

The dejection has been magnified by some of the club’s most loyal supporters who have launched a petition demanding “a thorough external review, encompassing all aspects of the organisation.’’

The plan is to share the petition with the senior management of the Tigers and their majority owners, Wests Ashfield Leagues Club.

Supporter petitions rarely have an impact but what makes this one interesting is that it has been launched by fans who were previously embedded in the club.

Steve Stretton is a member of the Wests Tigers fan podcast, helped establish a supporter group and has regularly met with chief executive Justin Pascoe in recent years to help the club with its image on social media.

He recently sent Pascoe an email saying he could no longer be party to the meetings because he was disenfranchised with the organisation.

The petition has nearly 500 signatures and the aim is to get to 2000.

“We are not parroting Wests Tigers propaganda,” Stretton said.

“We just try to support the club. I know Justin well, I have met Lee Hagipantelis. The bottom line is that the club is broken.

“It’s not the players. We have one of the best forward packs in the game when they are all on the field. It‘s is not the coaches.

“The problem is the lack of governance and senior management being able to stick to a plan … and their ability to get harmony and a vision and a culture in the club that breeds success.

“I sent him an email last week and I can’t do this anymore. I said it is nothing personal but I have lost respect for the club’s senior leadership.

“We have no faith there. We have no faith there. I have never seen the agitation I have seen now. I have heard multiple people – the rusted on members – saying they hope the club will fold.”

The Tigers are reeling from key injuries to Api Koroisau and Luke Brooks, both of whom are at least a fortnight away from returning.

The Wests Tigers travel to Newcastle next Friday to tackle the Knights.

NRL 2023: Tigers fans commence fight to change management after slumping to last​

Brent Read and David Riccio
July 8, 2023 - 7:55AM

Fed-up members of the Wests Tigers supporter base have ‘lost faith’ in the club’s leadership and have commenced a petition to evoke change.

Wooden-spoon favourites, the Wests Tigers slumped to 16th on the NRL ladder following their 36-12 loss to Cronulla on Thursday night.

The dejection has been magnified by some of the club’s most loyal supporters who have launched a petition demanding “a thorough external review, encompassing all aspects of the organisation.’’

The plan is to share the petition with the senior management of the Tigers and their majority owners, Wests Ashfield Leagues Club.

Supporter petitions rarely have an impact but what makes this one interesting is that it has been launched by fans who were previously embedded in the club.

Steve Stretton is a member of the Wests Tigers fan podcast, helped establish a supporter group and has regularly met with chief executive Justin Pascoe in recent years to help the club with its image on social media.

He recently sent Pascoe an email saying he could no longer be party to the meetings because he was disenfranchised with the organisation.

The petition has nearly 500 signatures and the aim is to get to 2000.

“We are not parroting Wests Tigers propaganda,” Stretton said.

“We just try to support the club. I know Justin well, I have met Lee Hagipantelis. The bottom line is that the club is broken.

“It’s not the players. We have one of the best forward packs in the game when they are all on the field. It‘s is not the coaches.

“The problem is the lack of governance and senior management being able to stick to a plan … and their ability to get harmony and a vision and a culture in the club that breeds success.

“I sent him an email last week and I can’t do this anymore. I said it is nothing personal but I have lost respect for the club’s senior leadership.

“We have no faith there. We have no faith there. I have never seen the agitation I have seen now. I have heard multiple people – the rusted on members – saying they hope the club will fold.”

The Tigers are reeling from key injuries to Api Koroisau and Luke Brooks, both of whom are at least a fortnight away from returning.

The Wests Tigers travel to Newcastle next Friday to tackle the Knights.

There should be a fan and media pile-on I agree.

But I don’t think absolving the coaching staff etc is valid.

The key reasons for the failure is incompetence in coaching, poor retention and recruitment and underwhelming player performances.

Ultimately, this is the boards fault, but the accompanying responsible rabble also need to wear significant criticism and be exorcised.

Jury is out on Fulton of course. He’s walked into a dogs breakfast. Courageous start.

I shut down all of my communications with Lee when Tim appointed himself to coach. It was and remains unprofessional and outrageous and the results speak for themselves. That was a senior management issue.

The management has shown thats it’s unaccountable, so it can’t sit there and scream that everybody else should. It’s begging us to hang in there now. Shame wt shame. The club no longer reflects our values and what we are about as fans. It’s distant and evasive.

Thanks Mr Stretton, we have your back.

Last edited:
Who could argue against an independent review?

How can I sign the petition?

You can join the podcast I guess.

But we already know there’s big problems. We don’t need a review panel to point that out to us.

Lee stepping down is like putting a Band-Aid on an acl.

The whole board needs to own up stand down.

innsaneink

Referee
Who could argue against an independent review?

How can I sign the petition?
Here ned

westerntiger

Juniors
Will sign but have no confidence the club structure is pretty much a totalitarian dictatorship.

Worst thing is Lee and Pascoe aren't even legitimate tigers fans

Only way for them to go is to be violently overthrown by the fans but that won't happen not that I'm advocating that

Will sign but have no confidence the club structure is pretty much a totalitarian dictatorship.

Worst thing is Lee and Pascoe aren't even legitimate tigers fans

Only way for them to go is to be violently overthrown by the fans but that won't happen not that I'm advocating that

The petition will put further pressure on the board but it will probably take more that this.

Without any meaningful change, not just spin, we will see memberships fall, crowds tail off and sponsorships stumble.

Because being associated with the club is not going to be seen as a positive.

Already it’s not s positive. Does anyone here feel great about the Tigers at the moment?

It’s giving us nothing but bad feelings and associations.

Looking forward to next week?

Looking forward to the doubling down on the spoon again?

Marquee?

An inexperienced juvenile coach taking over next year?

Everyone on the f**king mate is great isn’t? Everyone except us.

Some of the board might step aside because instead of the accolades they expect to receive, they will eventually see it as a negative if they aren’t already.

Lee can go to the backbench on the board or resign to focus on other things and family. If he’s fair dinkum, he will continue to put the funds in.

A lot of people fund the club without demanding a seat at the table.

Last edited: