What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extra time thriller

innsaneink

Referee
western suburbs defeated parramatta 31-30 , three and a half minutes into extra time.
two minutes from full time the eeels were leading 30-24...but a last ditch try beside the posts,and subsequent conversion set the scene for extra time,semi final premier league style.

after some good attack in parraa territory a first attempt at field goal was touched and knocked on by parra ...from the next scrum after several plays the magpies knocked over the all important 1 pointer to go into next weeks major semi with a confidence boosting win

braz

Juniors
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p

go the mighty western suburbs magpies!

i was listening to hadley and he gave it a fair bit of coverage. sounds like the crowd was right behind us too. he didn't say who kicked the field goal?

are we playing on sat or sun next week?

bring on saints!

yappy

Bench
Levy kicked the point.

The thing was we were totally and utterly sheeit. We shouldn't have been within 30 points we kept turning it over so often. Lucky the boys guts it out and stayed within range to overcome the chokers. If only we could play with passion AND brains. Thanks to Johnny O for the five from five that got us the draw dispite the Eels crossing for six tries to five.

Were the crowd behind us? I couldn't hear above some bunch of loud loonies in black and white.

Gobbso

Juniors
yappy said:
Were the crowd behind us?

How could you not hear the whole Western Stand chant as one Yappy? We were shocked! :shock: And loving it at the same time! :D The Panthers rose together and got the Magpies chant going....it was amazing! Haven't heard a Magpies chant like that since the '99 season, and these supporters weren't even Western Suburbs fans! I've got a re-newed respect for Penrith after that effort today! :lol:

yappy

Bench
Yeah but Gobbso they probably would have gone up with a Bulldogs chant. Anyone but Parra.