What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

f***ed iphone

Satsok

Juniors
was fine last night, try mucking around with it today, has no sound for the ipod or buttons when smsing, BUT has sound for when someone rings or messages.. WTF

doing a full restore now, see how that goes.. but if it doesnt turn out well, how would i go about contacting apple to get them to have a look at it? It would be simple if their website wasnt a piece of sh*t

cheers

Last edited:

Bulldog Force

Referee
If only I had $1 for everytime I heard the title of this thread.

Best thing I'd say is go back to the store.

Satsok

Juniors
got off the phone with a tech support lady, she basically said its out of warranty, not my problem.. its out of warrantly by 2 months and that if i want to send it in to get repaired it will cost $249 just for them to look at it.. WTF

has anyone pulled a dodgy on the insurance? ive been paying $14 a month for insurance and wondering if it would be worth it to say it was stolen and get a new one? or would it be better off me going in and getting the iphone 4?

Skinner

Coach
got off the phone with a tech support lady, she basically said its out of warranty, not my problem.. its out of warrantly by 2 months and that if i want to send it in to get repaired it will cost $249 just for them to look at it.. WTF

has anyone pulled a dodgy on the insurance? ive been paying $14 a month for insurance and wondering if it would be worth it to say it was stolen and get a new one? or would it be better off me going in and getting the iphone 4?

So......you are suggesting insurance fraud are you ??

Apple tech support is sh*t.

Try this-

Back up your phone via iTunes

Do a hard reset. Hold down the off button and the naviagtion button for about 20 seconds and it will reset your phone.

Plug it in to iTunes and restore it.

If that doesn't work, then delete the copy of the iOS4 operating software that is stored on your computer and re-download, then do the above again, remembering to back up your phone first.

Satsok

Juniors
I didnt do the hard reset, i restored factory settings and then restored an old backup of my iphone, i cancelled the sync halfway thru to check some songs and what not to see if the problem was still there, the stupid message came up about device not optimised and also there was still no sound.. i then did a restore the second time, let it go all the way thru didnt stop the sync and now its back to normal, im either very lucky or something in iOS4 went bad.. but its all good now..

thanks DKOR :D

I didnt do the hard reset, i restored factory settings and then restored an old backup of my iphone, i cancelled the sync halfway thru to check some songs and what not to see if the problem was still there, the stupid message came up about device not optimised and also there was still no sound.. i then did a restore the second time, let it go all the way thru didnt stop the sync and now its back to normal, im either very lucky or something in iOS4 went bad.. but its all good now..

thanks DKOR :D

The GF and I both have iPhones. When iOS4.1 came out a couple of weeks ago, I downloaded it and updated my phone - no problems. I then updated the GF's phone, with the same download and it sh*t itself midway through. Then it wouldn't let me retore seemingly no matter what I did. It would get part way through the update and stop and the phone was essentially f**ked. I called Apple and their advice was - "do a hard reset and restore the phone" even though I had already done this several times. Then I was told the same thing as you, bring it in and it'll cost you to get it fixed, even though it was working fine before I tried to do their stupid software upgrade.

Anyway, I googled the error code and there was some nerd on a tech forum somewhere who mentioned the whole, find the download in your pc, delete it and re-download the file again.

It worked. thank goodness for Google!