What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F.O Kemp Society inc

Skinner

Coach
I think he would have had fun out there today with the boys, offloads, spreads... guys like Kemp with speed love that type of football.

Wonder if Cleary and Hart took notice. Let them have their head and they're a different team.

Micistm

Bench
Exactly. The whole strategy this team has employed has been one dimensional. I'm not sure how you can score tries when the only time you get the ball is taking kicks in your own corner and bringing it back to midfield for the next play. I'm sure with a more balanced approach to attack that he could be quite effective here, as he would be at any club. It would not surprise me in the slightest for him to return to Brisbane and score tries galore.

Thats what gets me. They knew what they were getting with Denan Kemp, and then went out of their way to play away from the strengths of the team. Such a limited game plan and then they're like woe was me, we can't score points, it must be the players.

That's what got me as well. They wanted a speedster on the wing; they got one. Then didn't incorporate any gameplay around him at all...as if he's supposed to go it alone and have success...and then blame him for doing nothing. Pretty rough.
If they'd played like they did today when he was in the team he would've had a lot better time and more fun at the Warriors. IMO he's been made a scapegoat for bad gameplay and poor team form around him.

Iafeta

Referee
Well, one fact is he has been released. I fail to see the logics behind this one, TBH. The guy is brought in, they all know what his game is, his game is give him half a line break and he'll take it and score a good try. Its never been to be a bulldozing Manu Vatuvei type. It was fairly obvious. So what do we do? We stick him out on the right, never pass it to him, and the only time he gets it is when the forwards are knackered and still coming back on side. And yet we have the wowsers going woe was me he isn't that good is he, but what was he supposed to become good at? Signing autographs? Catching a cold? That's about all he had the chance for here. Finally yesterday we actually play some football, how good would it have been to see him be in a side that that actually used the football, created opportunities etc. I would have loved to have seen him form a combination on the right with Ukuma Ta'ai.

We talk about them all the time, the decisions that come back to bite. Its bitten us hard this year missing shots for goal (Witt), we've lost a fair few close ones because of it, its bitten us hard playing to one side of the field (yesterday highlighted it)... and yet now this dude is out of here without ever really seeing any football. He had three chances, one he should have had either a penalty try or at the very least a game deciding sin bin in our favour at Newcastle, second one he scores, third one he botches. What did we really find out about him..? At least when blokes like Fien, Rovelli, and Witt have gone you kinda feel you've found out about them as players, but this bloke, I learned absolutely nothing about because the Warriors had no interest in exploiting his pace.

Micistm

Bench
Forans another gone without a decent go. Sad really, and IMO poor management of players.
Good luck to them though, if they're not going to get a fair go here they deserve to take their careers elsewhere.
I guess Kemp is someone we won't have in the Kiwis now with the residency rule?;-)

Totally frustrating though, appalling team form the whole year, the guy never got a fair chance to show what he could do