What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F7s Season 2011 Kick Off: Sunday March 13th!

Jesbass

First Grade
Sound the trumpets! Rally the troops! Heed the call!

Season 2011 is less than a week away!

The draw is just being finalised, and we hope to have this ready to present to you by the end of the week. The usuals will be there, with the regular season, a finals series, the ANZAC Test, State Of Origin, and the Four Nations, as well as the return of the Willow Cup.

We're also looking at the way games are marked, with a view to aid both referee and player alike. This framework will assist players to know what to aim for, and why they receive the mark they get.

As always, my door is open, (even if my PM inbox doesn't always seem to stay ajar!), so if you have any questions, feel free to send them my way.

In the meantime...let's launch this season with a bang!

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Our 5th team member was a no-show .. I got a last minute call-up, in the sense that I logged onto here at 8:30pm, and wrote 730 words in 28 minutes, posting right on 9:00pm.

Never written that quickly before, lol.

Talk about a nerve-wracking way to kick off the F7s season.

I should get bonus marks for the pressure :p

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Great stuff DR, that's what's it's about.

More than a few times it has happened to the 'bags. I recall one article being written from scratch in 15 minutes. It got POTM! Thankfully the ref didn't care about a full stop and comma in the wrong place. It was actually a very good article and a gripping yarn, and totally deserving. I'm sure if the player had time to think about it, he wouldn't have written something as good. Funny things happen.

murphyscreek

Coach
Our 5th team member was a no-show .. I got a last minute call-up, in the sense that I logged onto here at 8:30pm, and wrote 730 words in 28 minutes, posting right on 9:00pm.

Never written that quickly before, lol.

Talk about a nerve-wracking way to kick off the F7s season.

I should get bonus marks for the pressure :p

Champion effort DR!!!!

I logged on with about 4 minutes to go and thought we were starting like last year-losing because we didn't have the numbers. Not sure if it's OK to say that I really liked your article (I did), because it hasn't been judged yet.:)

The 18th Man

Juniors
I forgot my boots, missed the bus and couldn't find my mouthguard before the game...I got on the field with 2 minutes to spare with the captain dragging my ass from the sheds :lol:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I forgot my boots, missed the bus and couldn't find my mouthguard before the game...I got on the field with 2 minutes to spare with the captain dragging my ass from the sheds :lol:
:lol:

That's a pretty apt description there 18th.

Oh look, another grey hair... lol

The 18th Man

Juniors
Congrats DRAGONZ_RULE - nice piece when under the pump. You reminded me of a young Tallis coming off the bench taking it to all and sundry. Well done pal ;-)

Latest posts