What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fans launch at Waratah Park

Anonymous

Juniors
The fan day was today and it was pretty much standard fair. Mermaids handing out free stuff, couple of speeches by the coach, captain and players and jumping castles and games.

I spent about an hour grilling Dave Simmons about how things are going from a players point of view, and it all seemed pretty positive.

Some of the key things he mentioned:

- he's completely confident that the team will make the top eight.

- doesn't exactly know what's going on with the Peach situation, but thinks he's next in line for fullback duties if Peach doesn't come back.

- said that about 23 of the 25 positions in the top squad have already been picked and the trials will sort out the few remaining spots. He doesn't think that he'll get one of the spots left open.

- said that Jason Williams (who we signed from Canterbury) is an absolute scary bastard, even at training. He's really aggressive, even when they're just playing touch footy.

- said that Stuey Raper has got a lot of good ideas about strategy.

Special K

Coach
Thanks for that info Garbo. I love the "he's completely confident that the team will make the top eight" remark :mrgreen:

givmeabeer

Juniors
Good day for the fans, we'll be right. Bring it on!!!!!!!!!

P.S Thanks beats your a champion mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wozza

Juniors
i thought the fan day was a good way to get close up with the players.
I am far from being a prude, but I thought the choice of music starting off with "I'm an asshole" and "i'd like your pants around your feet" was a bit red hot with young kids everywhere.
And Peachey no show was one for the gossip mongers

ali

Bench
I went up for about half an hour and saw the speeches. Nothing too exciting, but the size of a few blokes caught my eye.

What about Jason Williams. :shock: How wide is he. If he can play a bit he could go really well. I thought the young blokes looked like they had beefed up a bit especially Aitken, Galloway and Kris Pyper. Pyper looks like he has grown, and going by the size he is now, and the amount of skill I know he possesses, I'd say he's a good thing for first grade within the next 2 seasons.

troy

Juniors
Thanks Garbo - Top 8 ? Im completely confident they will make the top 4 .

Jason Williams ? Ive heard of him .. I hope he's a gun ! We need another big tough bastard to really give it to them ..

Its what its all about in this day and age . If we belt em up front and get over the top of the oposition forwards , we have so much speed out wide that we will tear them up !

Come on guys top 4 what do u think ?

Jimbo

Immortal
troy said:
Come on guys top 4 what do u think ?

Agreed. Centrebet have us at the rather juicy odds of $5.50 for a top 4 spot - well worth some coin.

bubs

Juniors
The 7's are a pretty fair indication on how some of your backs are going.
The backs fell off a few too many tackles in the first game in a one on one situation. Much better the rest of the tournament however.
Not too sure about a top 4 spot.

troy

Juniors
mate im going on the record - They'll make the top 4 ! and go close to winning the comp ..

Latest posts