What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farah out for Game III

big hit!

Bench
IMO Farrah is the best defensive hooker in the game. He gets though a mountain of work.
Its his attacking play that is questionable.

If NSW had better halves with an ounce of attacking flair then he wouldn't have to overplay his hand in attack.

For me he is one of the first guys picked for next year.

Taking several paces out of acting half to see if something's on for himself and then diistributing the ball to the 1st receiving half when the defensive line is up in their face doesn't give many halves much opportunity to execute an attack.

Johnnie Red

Juniors
Taking several paces out of acting half to see if something's on for himself and then distributing the ball to the 1st receiving half when the defensive line is up in their face doesn't give many halves much opportunity to execute an attack.

That's true...he does stifle our attack regularly but even when the halves do get quality ball they don't know what to do with it.

ATM Farrah believes that he has to be creative but with a better halves combo I think that he will be more selective in his attacking opportunities.

big hit!

Bench
Result speaks for itself, without Farah we struggled. Lets pray for a year of no injuries for Farah next year.

Perhaps a week without the will he won't he bullshit, and Daley selecting a mug on a suspension which further de-stabilised prep, may have been a better way to lead-in to the decider. Daley has a lot of the blame for all this.

The acting half/small middle defender is one of the most important roles on the field. They get their hands on the pill the most out of any player, distribute the ball to more players in the team than any other, and are involved in the most tackles in defence, and most times against players larger than them. Their consistent participation in reps at training, and in game planning by coaches, is absolutely paramount.

I don't care if the 3rd best hooker NSW is bog average. Even Hinchcliffe would have been a better option because he would've been there prepping and taking reps from the outset. If there was a fit option who could've been brought in and hit the ground running from day 1 of prep, then he should've been there and getting to work without the Farah and Ennis f**k around. Farah was never going to be fit, and his presence only impeded preparation by undermining the work of the back up. This is not a point made in hindsight. I made it last week.

Perhaps a week without the will he won't he bullshit, and Daley selecting a mug on a suspension which further de-stabilised prep, may have been a better way to lead-in to the decider. Daley has a lot of the blame for all this.

The acting half/small middle defender is one of the most important roles on the field. They get their hands on the pill the most out of any player, distribute the ball to more players in the team than any other, and are involved in the most tackles in defence, and most times against players larger than them. Their consistent participation in reps at training, and in game planning by coaches, is absolutely paramount.

I don't care if the 3rd best hooker NSW is bog average. Even Hinchcliffe would have been a better option because he would've been there prepping and taking reps from the outset. If there was a fit option who could've been brought in and hit the ground running from day 1 of prep, then he should've been there and getting to work without the Farah and Ennis f**k around. Farah was never going to be fit, and his presence only impeded preparation by undermining the work of the back up. This is not a point made in hindsight. I made it last week.

All Farah did leading up to last night's game was mug for the TV cameras and rest and address the team. He wouldn't have done any drills nor would his play have been discussed during preparation. Every last individual in the NSW camp knew that Farah was never going to play and that Ennis was the only individual who was expected to be playing hooker for Game 3. Farah did nothing to impede the effectiveness of the Blues.

NSW lost last night because QLD played to their full ability. When QLD play their game, they stifle NSW and win repeated series. Expect QLD to come back pumped next year.

gregstar

Referee
it's more amusing that he has a post from everlovin' in his sig & still can't see that everlovin' was taking the piss out of him.

it has been a few years & he still doesn't get it.

priceless stuff.

isaiah

Bench
They have one last stand to make tonight. Ever since nz won the forward battle earlier this year, they have not really owned any game. We will see if Parker, Scott , and co are too old or not. I think qld will dominate up front. It will be an end of a great era if they cannot or will not. It's either we have won 9 of the last 10 series and we go out on our terms or nsw can brag for the next 300 days about starting their own dynasty.

Woohoo

isaiah

Bench
Its cute how RBM leaves out the fact that NSW completely and utterly imploded

No, I think it was both you imploded and we were not going to leave the stadium without the trophy. Knuckled down and put their bodies on the line for only the second full game in 2 series.

isaiah

Bench
Will they pick Robbie from reserve grade next season? Million a season should put the nsw cup side over their cap.

Johnnie Red

Juniors
QLD picked Alfie from the English Super League, which is almost as good as reserve grade so I don't see why not.

some11

Referee
Jennings got picked while playing for the Wolves.

Farah will probably disappear up his own arse before playing Origin again.

Jennings got picked while playing for the Wolves.

Farah will probably disappear up his own arse before playing Origin again.

Considering for the very first Origin game, Qld picked Artie Beetson, who was in Parramatta's reserve grade side at the time, this is not really that big a deal if it happens.