What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fastnet Rock has a colt in the Epsom Derby..& Dermott Weld trains it..

hineyrulz

Post Whore
@WaznTheGreat Thanks to my first celebrity crush Caroline Searcy I just learnt the Ebor winner over the weekend ā€˜Absurdeā€™ is by Fastnet Rockā€¦. Willie Mullins trains, is planning on bringing him out for The Cupā€¦ now if that doesnā€™t make you rock hard on a Monday evening nothing will.
toy story cup GIF

@WaznTheGreat Thanks to my first celebrity crush Caroline Searcy I just learnt the Ebor winner over the weekend ā€˜Absurdeā€™ is by Fastnet Rockā€¦. Willie Mullins trains, is planning on bringing him out for The Cupā€¦ now if that doesnā€™t make you rock hard on a Monday evening nothing will.

How is the level of tumescence if Wankie Dettori is steering?

Lemon Squash

First Grade
@WaznTheGreat Some good racing overnight at Royal Ascot too even though it was a bog. The French colt Big Rock put a quality field to the sword and Dettoriā€™s world retirement tour rolls on with a big win on King of Steel.

Now thatā€™s a Stallions name if Iā€™ve ever heard one

*edit just read heā€™s by Rock of Gibraltar, holy shit I thought he was retired from stud in 1987

Last edited:

WaznTheGreat

Referee
@WaznTheGreat Some good racing overnight at Royal Ascot too even though it was a bog. The French colt Big Rock put a quality field to the sword and Dettoriā€™s world retirement tour rolls on with a big win on King of Steel.

Amazing front running display by Big Rock,sustained speed the whole way,King of Steel was also impressive coming from well of the pace with a well timed run,unfortunately though he denied the Fastnet Rock mare Via Sistina who was 2nd.

I picked up 2.5% in a 5 year old Fastnet Rock gelding called Fire with a mate Iā€™m in The Pal with. It was bought by that ā€œmicro shareā€ mob online for $70k but me and my mate got 5%. Heā€™s been sent to Cumani and heā€™s been settling there for a bit over a month. Hopefully a change of scenery and stopped getting bounced between Sydney and Melbourne might see him back in the winners circle.

Heā€™s ex-Coolmore/Hawkes and has good form running 2nd to Chain of Lightning by a bees dick at Flemington in November and then a 2nd to Bandiā€™s Boy in Sydney. I think he mightā€™ve run in the Black Caviar Lightning that Coolongatta won.

Apparently heā€™s a bit of cranky prick around the stables. Just nice to have a share in one of the olā€™ legends sprogs.

Last edited:

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I picked up 2.5% in a 5 year old Fastnet Rock gelding called Fire with a mate Iā€™m in The Pal with. It was bought by that ā€œmicro shareā€ mob online for $70k but me and my mate got 5%. Heā€™s been sent to Cumani and heā€™s been settling there for a bit over a month. Hopefully a change of scenery and stopped getting bounced between Sydney and Melbourne might see him back in the winners circle.

Heā€™s ex-Coolmore/Hawkes and has good form running 2nd to Chain of Lightning by a bees dick at Flemington in November and then a 2nd to Bandiā€™s Boy in Sydney. I think he mightā€™ve run in the Black Caviar Lightning that Coolongatta won.

Apparently heā€™s a bit of cranky prick around the stables. Just nice to have a share in one of the olā€™ legends sprogs.
Best of luck with him mate

Enjoy retirement champion.

As good as heā€™s been itā€™s a bit of shame he hasnā€™t really proven to be a sire or sires. Deserved to have some sons carry on his legacy.

Hinchinbrook was going well but unfortunately he left us early.
IMG_5755.jpeg

And yet he is the leading Broodmare Sire but a decent margin? Weird how it works out sometimes.