What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite annual sports competitions?

callmack1

Staff member
Nothing to do with Souths but I'm just curious since we are deep into the off season and there's not a lot going on.

Other than NRL/Rugby League, name your top five favourite sports competitions.

Mine would be.

1. The Big Bash
2. V8 Supercars
3. World Rally Championship
4. Super Rugby
5. The Rugby Championship

DiegoNT

First Grade
This is a hard one, used to get into a lot of sports like the epl, champions league, moto gp etc but apart from rugby league nothing much keeps my interests anymore

1. F1- love the politics, love the engineering, love the rivalries and how 2 guys from the same team can be competing directly against each other. It's quite unique

2. V8s- used to love them, but more interested in f1 nowdays

3. NBA- more a passing interest, catch the odd game here n there. Helps that the current crop of nba stars, le bron, curry, durant, westbrook are so watchable.

I can't think of any other i follow closely anymore

callmack1

Staff member
I like the Big Bash, Australian Open Tennis and SYDNEY to Hobart plus A league and AFL.
Yea mate. You can't go past the Big Bash for sport in the off season! It's just so good. Brilliant players, party atmosphere, I love the commentary as well. What team do you go for R20?

callmack1

Staff member
This is a hard one, used to get into a lot of sports like the epl, champions league, moto gp etc but apart from rugby league nothing much keeps my interests anymore

1. F1- love the politics, love the engineering, love the rivalries and how 2 guys from the same team can be competing directly against each other. It's quite unique

2. V8s- used to love them, but more interested in f1 nowdays

3. NBA- more a passing interest, catch the odd game here n there. Helps that the current crop of nba stars, le bron, curry, durant, westbrook are so watchable.

I can't think of any other i follow closely anymore
Haha. God damn, I hate Lewis Hamilton!!

DiegoNT

First Grade
Haha. God damn, I hate Lewis Hamilton!!
He is a bit of a douche ( ok a lot) but I still feel so sad for him everytime i hear him crying over the radio when his engine blew up in Malaysia. Be interesting to see how he goes with a new teammate and how Mercedes go with the regulation changes

Pommy

Coach
EPL although this season it's EFL championship.
FA cup
Big bash is great.
Super league.

I used to love F1 but I find it's got so boring since I was a kid and Hill and Schumacher were duling it out.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yea mate. You can't go past the Big Bash for sport in the off season! It's just so good. Brilliant players, party atmosphere, I love the commentary as well. What team do you go for R20?
I've always gone for the Thunder!!!!!!

You????

DiegoNT

First Grade
EPL although this season it's EFL championship.
FA cup
Big bash is great.
Super league.

I used to love F1 but I find it's got so boring since I was a kid and Hill and Schumacher were due long it out.
Were you a Hill fan?
I love watching and reading about that era, prost, mansell, senna into hill, Schumacher and hakkinen.

Pommy

Coach
Were you a Hill fan?
I love watching and reading about that era, prost, mansell, senna into hill, Schumacher and hakkinen.

Yes although I always was and still am a Williams fan due to Mansell. It was a sport back then now to me it's just a fast speed advertising parade.
If I had to watch a motor sport it would be WRC.

callmack1

Staff member
I've always gone for the Thunder!!!!!!

You????
I'm not really passionate about a team but my favourite is the scorcher's or Stars. I watch every game though. My 2nd favourite sports competition by far!

What makes it so good though is the commentary. It's crack up some times.

callmack1

Staff member
Yes although I always was and still am a Williams fan due to Mansell. It was a sport back then now to me it's just a fast speed advertising parade.
If I had to watch a motor sport it would be WRC.
WRC is going to be interesting next year Pommy with VW gone.

Pommy

Coach
WRC is going to be interesting next year Pommy with VW gone.

Its not something I follow very closely but if I see it on TV I enjoy watching. Whats the reasoning behind them leaving? I know Audi (vw owned) are constantly touted as being on the verge of starting an F1 team.

callmack1

Staff member
Its not something I follow very closely but if I see it on TV I enjoy watching. Whats the reasoning behind them leaving? I know Audi (vw owned) are constantly touted as being on the verge of starting an F1 team.
I don't follow it extremely closely either. I try to watch a fair bit of it when I can but I mainly watch because of Hayden Paddon. I actually met him last month.

I believe VW's reasons for pulling out is that they want to completely focus more on new technology in road cars and stuff like that I think they are developing electric cars.

Last edited:

rabbitohs95

Bench
Dont follow anything religiously like the NRL but I do try and follow Wigan in the Super League.

Other than thats its a casual interest in Super Rugby and International Rugby when the Wallabies play or there's a world cup.

Pommy

Coach
Just to add I go out of my way to avoid Union, as they say in Game Of Thrones "the North remembers"

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
1. Any game that Souths are playing
2. Bathurst 12 hour sports cars
Hey I said apart from NRL/Rugby League!! Haha I'm sure that would all be our number 1 otherwise lol.

12 hour is awesome but the 1000 is so much better imo.