What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite Movie Quotes

Mark B

Juniors
From arguably the greatest sports movie ever - Slap Shot (1977)

Jim Carr: Hi, Jim Carr again. Denis, I know that some in our audience don't know the finer points of hockey. Could you tell them, for example, what is icing?
Denis Lemieux: Well, um, icing happen when the puck come down, bang you know, before the other guys you know. Nobody there, you know. My arm go comme ça then the game stop then start up.
Jim Carr: I see. What is high-sticking?
Denis Lemieux: High-sticking happen when the guy take the stick, you know, and he go like that
[high-sticks Jim Carr]
Denis Lemieux: you know. You don't do that.
Jim Carr: You don't do that?
Denis Lemieux: Oh no, never, never.
Jim Carr: Why not?
Denis Lemieux: Against the rules. You know, you're stupid when you do that. Just some English pig with no brains, you know.
Jim Carr: Uh, what is slashing?
Denis Lemieux: Slashing is um, like that
[demonstrates on Jim Carr]
Denis Lemieux: you know.
Jim Carr: Mm-hmm. And there's a penalty for that?
Denis Lemieux: Yeah and for the trip also, you know like that
[demonstrates]
Denis Lemieux: . And for hook like this
[demonstrates]
Denis Lemieux: . And for spear, you know, like that.
[demonstrates]
Denis Lemieux: You do that, you go to the box, you know. Two minutes, by yourself, you know and you feel shame, you know. And then you get free.
Great movie. Some of the lines by all the actors are timeless. After the Hanson’s make their debut and are the dirtiest players most have seen.

horrie hastings

First Grade
  • Sal : Now, Rosa, would you listen to me. Daredevil motorcyclists always have to have beautiful, sexy broads hangin' around.
    Miles : Rosa, I'm your best friend. What do you want us to look like? Phonies or what?
    Sal : RIght.
    Rosa : Sal, I'm your sister! What about Maureen? She's your girlfriend.
    Miles : Come on, Rosa. Maureen is too flat-chested!

Gabriel Dell, Richard Roundtree and Victoria Principal -Earthquake.

Parra

Referee
Herb: Time's gettin' pretty short.
Kane: It sure is.
Herb: When are the other boys gonna get here? We gotta make plans.
Kane: The other boys? There aren't any other boys, Herb. It's just you and me.
Herb: [nervously smiles and chuckles] You're jokin'.
Kane: No, I couldn't get anybody.
Herb: I don't believe it. This town ain't that low.
Kane: I couldn't get anybody.
Herb: Then it's just you and me.
Kane: I guess so.
Herb: You and me against Miller and all the rest of them?
Kane: That's right. Do you want out, Herb?
Herb: Well, it isn't that I want out, no. You see. Look, I'll tell ya the truth. I didn't figure on anything like this, Will.
Kane: Neither did I.
Herb: I volunteered. You know I did. You didn't have to come to me. I was ready. Sure, I'm ready now - but this is different, Will. This ain't like what you said it was gonna be. This is just plain committing suicide and for what? Why me? I'm no lawman. I just live here. I got nothin' personal against nobody. I got no stake in this.
Kane: I guess not.
Herb: There's a limit how much you can ask a man. I got a wife and kids. What about my kids?
Kane: Go on home to your kids, Herb.

Jim Rockford

Bench
Donald Sutherland in Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Oddball: "To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers."
Oddball: "Well, yeah, man, you see, like, all the tanks we come up against are bigger and better than ours, so all we can hope to do is, like, scare 'em away, y'know. This gun is an ordinary 76mm but we add this piece of pipe onto it, and the Krauts think, like, maybe it's a 90mm. We got our own ammunition, it's filled with paint. When we fire it, it makes... pretty pictures. Scares the hell outta people! We have a loudspeaker here, and when we go into battle we play music, very loud. It kind of... calms us down."

horrie hastings

First Grade
Frankenstein -1931
- Henry Frankenstein: Look! It's moving. It's alive. It's alive... It's alive, it's moving, it's alive, it's alive, it's alive, it's alive, it's alive!
- Victor Moritz: Henry, in the name of God!
- Henry Frankenstein: Oh, in the name of God! Now I know what it feels like to be God!”
COLIN CLIVE - Dr. Frankenstein
JOHN BOLES - Victor Moritz

Jim Rockford

Bench
Two-Lane Blacktop (1971)

The Driver: "I don't believe I've seen you. 'Course there's lots o' cars on the road like yours, they all get to lookin' the same. They perform about the same, too..."

horrie hastings

First Grade
When we made love,

when you made love to me,
it was with such...

Such”. I'm trying to think
of exactly the right word.

It was with such...

Anger.

Anger?

Yeah, anger.

Geneviève Bujold and Charlton Heston -Earthquake.

Parra

Referee
Kowalski, can you hear me? Do you hear me, Kowalski? Now, I know you can hear me, Kowalski. I'm sure you hear me now. This very minute. Now, you listen very carefully. The whole mobile force of the Nevada State Highway Patrol is after you. They waitin' for you to come up for air. Yeah. Now, some people imagine you'll try to get to California through Death Valley. And others bet you'll die there in the desert. These few are just too happy to see you vanish for good out there. But my tape deck is just as jammed with telegrams as my head is jammed with phone calls from people who are wishing you well in your getaway, no matter where it might lead you. I wish I could help you, but I can't. I can't. I don't think anybody can, except for that crazy lucky streak of yours. And now you're gonna need more luck. All of it, perhaps, and badly. You can beat the police, you can beat the road and you can even beat the clock. But you can't beat the desert. Nobody can.

Jim Rockford

Bench
Another movie loaded with classic quotes - Better Off Dead (1985). You could list most of the dialogue as a classic quote.

Charles De Mar: [giving skiing instructions] Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.

Charles De Mar: This is pure snow! It's everywhere! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?

Lane Myer: Two brothers... One speaks no English, the other learned English from watching "The Wide World of Sports." So you tell me... Which is better, speaking no English at all, or speaking Howard Cosell?

Johnny: I want my two dollars!

Lane Myer: She only speaks French, Roy. She doesn't speak imbecile.

Mailman: What's a little boy like you doing with big boy smut like this?

Charles De Mar: Ah, come on! It's Christmas Eve! I could be home right now, drinking this *monster* eggnog my brother makes with lighter fluid.