What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Female Refs

Penrith fan

Juniors
Her explanation around the Toby Couchman decision was baffling.

The players looked at each other and verbally said "WHAT?".

The next five minutes of the game, anything could have erupted if it was close.

However, she is not the only ref making baffling explanations or decisions.

Meth

Staff member
Exactly how was "control" of that roosters-warriors game lost?

I don't really want to get too deep into it because I'll sound like a whinging supporter of a team that was soundly beaten (which, we were, in the first 20 minutes, fair and square) but I felt like the Roosters were basically daring Badger to ping them for numerous offences and she wouldn't dare to make a decision. (Maybe the Warriors were just as bad and I'm not seeing it through the lens of my bias. I don't know...but that doesn't make it any better from her. And fair play to the Roosters. They pushed the envelope and got away with it, from my perspective. I wish the Warriors would and I also know that they don't always get the better of the referees) From there, the game disintegrated.

I don't really want to get too deep into it because I'll sound like a whinging supporter of a team that was soundly beaten (which, we were, in the first 20 minutes, fair and square) but I felt like the Roosters were basically daring Badger to ping them for numerous offences and she wouldn't dare to make a decision. (Maybe the Warriors were just as bad and I'm not seeing it through the lens of my bias. I don't know...but that doesn't make it any better from her. And fair play to the Roosters. They pushed the envelope and got away with it, from my perspective. I wish the Warriors would and I also know that they don't always get the better of the referees) From there, the game disintegrated.

Let's just ignore the penalties and 6 agains given during the second half to the Warriors then shall we?

I have no hesitation calling out bad refereeing even if it benefits my team, but in my opinion she had a solid game on Sunday. No brilliant but not as poor as you are making out, in my opinion.

Vlad59

Juniors
Let's just ignore the penalties and 6 agains given during the second half to the Warriors then shall we?

I have no hesitation calling out bad refereeing even if it benefits my team, but in my opinion she had a solid game on Sunday. No brilliant but not as poor as you are making out, in my opinion.
Same here. Didn’t really notice her tbh

nick87

Coach

Too late for the first part buddy, i watched that game and there was no issues with officiating imo.

The game didn't disintegrate and the official never lost control of that game at all. Your team was just simply out played comfortably by the other team. Ridiculous stuff on your behalf here tbh.

Meth

Staff member
Too late for the first part buddy, i watched that game and there was no issues with officiating imo.

The game didn't disintegrate and the official never lost control of that game at all. Your team was just simply out played comfortably by the other team. Ridiculous stuff on your behalf here tbh.

I haven’t denied that our team were outplayed comfortable. As I’ve said, we were, convincingly, cleanly, in the first 20 minutes.

But who the f**k do you think you are? Graham Annesley? You are the authority on whether there were issues or not? f**k off

Meth

Staff member

no, by all means, don’t.

my point is not that the Warriors were robbed. We weren’t.

My point is that Badger was poor.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
To give the refs some credit, the majority of them do well to keep up with elite athletes, physically draining gig too. On breaks and stuff, Badger is often in a poor position as she’s just not as quick as the men, doesn’t help with some decision making.

nick87

Coach
I haven’t denied that our team were outplayed comfortable. As I’ve said, we were, convincingly, cleanly, in the first 20 minutes.

But who the f**k do you think you are? Graham Annesley? You are the authority on whether there were issues or not? f**k off
Boy you’re a little hot! Haha

Calm down buddy, I’m just letting you know as someone with no skin in that game, i think your comments are way off the mark and very stereotypical of a losing fan sooking about make belief injustices

I mean who do you think YOU are? Saying the official lost control of the game like you’re Graham Annesley. You’re the only one allowed to express an opinion on that game?
f**k off yourself and have another cry. :D

Maximus

Coach

That sounds like every Roosters game. And every Melbourne game. And every Penrith game. And numerous other teams. Certain teams love to push the envelope because they know refs won't blow 30 penalties a game. It has nothing to do with her ability, and more to do with the fact that the refs are coached to manage the game, not blow penalties for every indiscretion.

nick87

Coach
My only issue with the Roosters Warriors game was the ignoring of the chicken wing that injured SJ, but that’s on the bunker too.

yeah that was the only issue i had too as a neutral
But i think chicken wings are a bit of an afterthought... its all high contact, crushers, disrupters, downtowns etc... those are the flavour of the year and i reckon they just kind of forgot the chicken wing existed.
Bunker should have intervined for sure.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
yeah that was the only issue i had too as a neutral
But i think chicken wings are a bit of an afterthought... its all high contact, crushers, disrupters, downtowns etc... those are the flavour of the year and i reckon they just kind of forgot the chicken wing existed.
Bunker should have intervined for sure.
100%, not flavour of the month now. Annoying though as it was a tackle that lead directly to an injury due to the tackler’s technique and it went unpunished.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
It really doesn't matter if a ref has a chode or saloon doors, they're just as prone to stupid calls as each other, and equally stupid jokes about the "time of the month" are at best unhelpful and at worst grubby misogynistic shit.

if you really want to see officiating improved, focus less on gender tropes and more on the real culprit, the NRL and their red pens.

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
If a rookie was 4 games deep into his career and had almost single-handedly cost his side 2 of them (the equivalent to the horrendous f**k ups badger has made this year), you can bet every fan of that team would be calling for him to be dropped immediately, and every opposition fan to be tearing strips off him for being so bad.

She had bunker games, tho Val

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
why are people so hell bent on defending her, she has performed poorly 2 out of 2 games, lost control of both games. Regardless if she is female or male she deserves to be dropped, male refs have copped it just as much over the years but people like you are crying she’s being hard done because she is female and it is just stupid.

She is not that bad and decent most times in the bunker.

Meth

Staff member
That sounds like every Roosters game. And every Melbourne game. And every Penrith game. And numerous other teams. Certain teams love to push the envelope because they know refs won't blow 30 penalties a game. It has nothing to do with her ability, and more to do with the fact that the refs are coached to manage the game, not blow penalties for every indiscretion.

fair enough and fair play to the teams who can push the limits and get the best deal that they can from the ref.

Meth

Staff member
Boy you’re a little hot! Haha

Calm down buddy, I’m just letting you know as someone with no skin in that game, i think your comments are way off the mark and very stereotypical of a losing fan sooking about make belief injustices

I mean who do you think YOU are? Saying the official lost control of the game like you’re Graham Annesley. You’re the only one allowed to express an opinion on that game?
f**k off yourself and have another cry. :D

I actually defended Kasey in the match day thread. She went good in the first half and that’s where the damage was done to the Warriors.

I’m not at all bent out of the shape about the Warriors losing, as they deserved to.

I can totally respect that others watching that game may have seen it differently than me and may disagree with what I thought of her performance.

Latest posts