What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Female Refs

Penrith fan

Juniors
I just think the current standard of Refereeing in the NRL is abysmally horrid and putrid.

Kasey cops it most because she doesn't seem to have any presence on the field and looks like she is making it up as she goes along.

When Kasey deals with the captains questioning her decisions, she kind of shits her pants and can't seem to articulate why the decision was made.

Both Casey Badger and Belinda Sharpe have not been appointed to referee any games in Round 11 of the NRL.

Badger has been appointed as one of the touch judges in the Sharks v Roosters match, whilst Sharpe has been appointed as one of the touch judges in the Storm v Eels match.

I don't know if either Sharpe or Badger are refereeing Game 1 of the Women's State of Origin match on Thursday night though.

Penrith fan

Juniors
This is a great slap in the face for women's equality.

Surely drop one of them or the other.

But what kind of message is the NRL administration telling young girls who want to be leaders in the NRL refereeing sphere?

Eventually you will be dropped and go back to walking the touch line.

Penrith fan

Juniors
I think it's a sad but typical reflection on our society.

Women have been extremely poorly treated in the NRL business, and this is just another example of it.

What kind of message does it send to our young girls who want to grow up to be Referees?

I think it's a sad but typical reflection on our society.

Women have been extremely poorly treated in the NRL business, and this is just another example of it.

What kind of message does it send to our young girls who want to grow up to be Referees?

unfairly treated? C'mon now.. all the male refs cop it as well, the females are dreaming if they think they won't as well, especially when they don't even have the genetics to keep up with play.

Penrith fan

Juniors
OMG, this is a horrible comment that doesn't help. We, as a community, are trying to nurture the development of females in our species especially in leadership roles like refereeing and a few bone head misogynistic dinosaurs are trying to stop all our wonderful progressive DEI advances and bring us back to the stone age. Shame on you! And everyone else who thinks like you.