What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FFBRL Live Results: Round 23

Misanthrope

Staff member
Files are here.

Orders are due to CWBush83 (at) gmail.com by next Friday evening.

Draw

Shenzhen Sharkitohs v Multiple Scoregasms
Sydney Vipers v Raymond Terrace Tanks
Oregon Timberwolves v Brisbane Bulls
New England Celtic v South Canberra Knights
Bovenendvankeelafsnysleegte RLFC v St John’s Crusaders
Mua Saints v Springfield Wildcats
New Zealand Churr Bros v Newcastle Crusade

------

Shenzhen Sharkitohs v Multiple Scoregasms

The eighth placed Multiple Scoregasms have scored a shock 21-14 victory today in front of a huge and hostile Shenzhen crowd, a late try to Ryan Hoffman making Michael Dobson's 74th minute field goal academic rather than match-winning. The visitors had lead 14-8 at halftime, but the minor premiership favourites battled back to be on level footing before the late flurry handed them just their fifth loss of the season.

Shenzhen: Sam McKendry. Gordon 5/5
Multiple Scoregasms: Ryan Hoffman, Leon Pryce, and Daly Cherry-Evans. Cherry-Evans 4/4. Dobson 1 fg.
HT Score: 8-14
Dally M: Leon Pryce (Scoregasms) 3, Justin Hodges (Scoregasms) 2, and Daly Cherry-Evans (Scoregasms) 1.
Crowd: 28,411

Sydney Vipers v Raymond Terrace Tanks

With their finals hopes all but dead, Raymond Terrace fielded a wildly unorthodox side in today's visit to Sydney. Captained by Jared Warea-Hargreaves, with a halfback at fullback, and a prop on the wing- the Tanks played a bruising style of play that kept the ninth placed Vipers battling for the duration.

A hattrick from Chris Clarkson gave Raymond Terrace hope of a fight back after they'd gone down 32-10, but the lead proved too big to chase down, and Sydney were able to hold on for a 32-22 win.

Sydney: Nathan Merrit, Antonio Winterstein, Michael Shenton, Chris Riley, and Rob Burrow. Croker 6/6
Raymond Terrace: Robbie Farah and Chris Clarkson 3. Walsh 3/4
HT Score: 14-10
Dally M: Nathan Merrit (Sydney) 3, Rob Burrow (Sydney) 2, and Jarrod Croker (Sydney) 1.
Crowd: 26,268

Oregon Timberwolves v Brisbane Bulls

No surprises in Brisbane's visit to the US Pacific Northwest today, with the finals bound Bulls securing a comfortable 32-10 win over the struggling Timberwolves. The Bulls put together a perfect first half to lead 18-0, and did enough in the second half to keep a resurgent Oregon at bay.

Oregon: Manu Vatuvei and Ben Matulino. Richards 1/2
Brisbane: Rangi Chase, David Shillington, Danny Tickle, Trent Merrin, Josh Mansour, and Sam Williams. Sandow 6/6
HT Score: 0-18
Dally M: Chris Sandow (Brisbane) 3, Rangi Chase (Brisbane) 2, and Josh Reynolds (Brisbane) 1.
Crowd: 13,561

New England Celtic v South Canberra Knights

New England have moved into equal first place today following their impressive second half performance allowed them to turn a tense 12 all halftime score into a comfortable 32-12 lead. A late try to the visitors added some respectability to the scoreline, but South Canberra's coach will be unhappy with the way the Knights allowed themselves to be blown off the park in a second half flurry from Celtic.

New England: Corey Oates, Cameron Smith 2, Ratu Marika Koroibete, and Beau Scott 2. Brough 4/6
South Canberra: Keith Galloway, Richie Myler, and Joe Westerman. Hodgson 3/3
HT Score: 12-12
Dally M: Keith Galloway (Knights) 3, Eorl Crabtree (Celtic) 2, and Danny Brough (Celtic) 1.
Crowd: 36,441

Bovenendvankeelafsnysleegte RLFC v St John's Crusaders

St. John's have recorded the biggest win in the side's short history in today's visit to South Africa, the Crusaders putting the fear of God in their opponents in a 38-12 thumping of the unpronounceable side. With three rounds remaining, two wins could see St. John's avoid the notoriety of a wooden spoon in their debut season.

BRFLC: Ryan Atkins and Braith Anasta. Lyon 2/2
St. John's: Ryan Hinchcliffe, Adrian Morley, Jason Chan, Scott Dureau, Tariq Sims, Clint Greenshields, and Richie Mathers. Reynolds 5/7
HT Score: 0-12
Dally M: Adam Reynolds (Crusaders) 3, Scott Dureau (Crusaders) 2, and Richie Fa'aoso (Crusaders) 1.
Crowd: 2000

Mu'a Saints v Springfield Wildcats

The Mu'a Saints remain one of the hardest teams in the FFBRL to predict, following up last week's 46-20 humiliation in Canberra with a polar opposite: a 42-18 demolition of Springfield in front of over 40,000 ravenous Tongan fans. Peter Fox impressed with a club record four tries, but it was the footwork and power of Michael Jennings that lead the home side to a hugely important victory.

Mu'a: Peter Fox 4, Cooper Cronk, Clint Newton, and Luke Bailey. Inu 7/7
Springfield: Johnathan Thurston, Paul Gallen, and Brent Tate. Thurston 3/4
HT Score: 24-12
Dally M: Michael Jennings (Mu'a) 3, Clint Newton (Mu'a) 2, and Peter Fox (Mu'a) 1.
Crowd: 42,648

New Zealand Churr Bros v Newcastle Crusade

Newcastle remain very much in the hunt for a top eight spot, and put the other sides on notice today with a 48-0 annihilation of last year's minor premiers in front of a small and bitterly disappointed Auckland crowd. The visitors put in a model first half to set up an uncatchable 36-0 half-time lead, but took their feet of the gas in the second half with just two tries.

Adam Cuthbertson was a man mountain for the visitors with a rampaging double, while Todd Carney was at his enigmatic best in the halves.

New Zealand: None.
Newcastle: Billy Slater, Curtis Sironen, Michael Ennis, Korbin Sims, Kirisome Auva'a, Robbie Rochow, and Adam Cuthbertson 2. Carney 8/8
HT Score: 0-36
Dally M: Adam Cuthbertson (Crusade) 3, Todd Carney (Crusade) 2, and Robbie Rochow (Crusade) 1.
Crowd: 5,285

Last edited:

Drew-Sta

Staff member
I remember Wayne Bennett suggesting there's years he knows his team would not take the big one out quite early in the piece - I am feeling that right now :lol:

MrCharisma

Bench
I'll post my side soon and Round 22 Ladders.

Hopefully I can finish off Sydney's season on a high.

Bazal

Post Whore
I may be a little late getting orders in, but no later than Saturday night. It might not be an issue, but I can't do it tonight and I knock off at 9:30 tomorrow night and have somewhere to be when I do.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I've so far received orders from soc (Shenzhen), MrC (Sydney), Wizardman (Newcastle), myself, and whall (Springfield).

Can't play any games yet. No worries on your delay, Bazal.

Drew? Didgi? AFS? NT? Micky?

mickyj

Bench
Mine are in now sorry
NFL fantasy is going well for me.
My one player had 24 points in 15 mins. and now picked up 1 more while playing on def also hahahaha

Misanthrope

Staff member
All results are up. The top eight race remains a close fought eight race for the final six spots.

Latest posts