What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FFBRL Round 9: Live Results

Misanthrope

Staff member
Apologies for the lateness this week, I thought I'd uploaded these already.

Files are here

------------

Brasilia Broncos v Mongolian Lambs

Brasilia might have emerged 28-18 victors over the luckless Mongolian Lambs, but the real story out of the game were rumblings that both coaches could be given their marching orders soon. It was Brasilia coach, Chris Maunder's third week in a row without showing up - while the Lambs' coach has been absent for the past two weeks.

Brasilia: Josh Hoffman, Hep Cahill, Danny Tickle 2, and Glenn Stewart. Hodgson 4/6
Mongolia: Glen Fishiiahi, BJ Leilua, Shane Shackleton, and Justin Horo. Campese 1/4
Dally M: Brett Hodgson (Brasilia) 3, Alex Glenn (Brasilia) 2, and Danny Tickle (Brasilia) 1.
HT Score: 16-4
Crowd: 10,968

Copenhagen United Nation Tigers v Wentworth Street Hookers

There seems to be no stopping the men from Wentworth Street. The Hookers were merciless today in their 40-14 demolition of the Danish side. Amazingly, the home side took a shock 10-6 lead into the break, but were blown away as the visitors piled on 30 points to 4 in a lopsided second half.

Copenhagen: James Roberts, Vincent Duport, and Scott Dureau. Dureau 1/3
Wentworth Street: Jamal Idris, Gavin Cooper, Josh Mansour 2, Nathan Fien, Daniel Ogden, and Luke Bailey. Parker 6/7
Dally M: Roy Asotasi (Hookers) 3, Nathan Fien (Hookers) 2, and Remi Casty (Tigers) 1.
HT Score: 10-6
Crowd: 7,761

Kvam Vikings v Multiple Scoregasms

Two tries in the final fifteen minutes have allowed the Multiple Scoregasms to escape Kvam with a surprisingly hard fought 26-18 win over the Vikings. Darius Boyd and Nate Myles crossed late in the piece to overturn the Kvam lead and seal some vital points for the Scoregasms.

Kvam: Mahe Fonua, Tom Burgess, and James Tedesco. Anasta 3/4
Multiple Scoregasms: Nate Myles, Darius Boyd, Daniel Tupou, and Andy Lynch. Eden 5/6
Dally M: Andy Lynch (Scoregasms) 3, Jorge Taufua (Scoregasms) 2, and Daniel Tupou (Scoregasms) 1.
HT Score: 8-2
Crowd: 2,000

Mu'a Saints v Jacksonville Marauders

The first truly enthralling clash of the round saw Mu'a continue on their winning ways in a tense clash with the resurgent Jacksonville Marauders. Mu'a lead 12-2 at the break and never let go of their lead, but were made to work damned hard by their American visitors as they held out for an 18-8 win.

Mu'a: Cooper Cronk, Ben Murdoch-Masila, and Antonio Kaufusi. Norman 2/2. Inu 1/1.
Jacksonville: Stefan Ratchford. Ratchford 2/2
Dally M: Cooper Cronk (Mu'a) 3, Corey Norman (Mu'a) 2, and Mark Flanagan (Mu'a).
HT Score: 12-2
Crowd: 8,878

New England Celtic v Cucamonga Cracka Killaz

New England have held onto their place atop the table care of a 32-6 win over Cucamonga earlier tonight. The result was never really in doubt, but New England looked less than convincing in a first half in which they managed a measly 8 points against the weakest defense in the FFBRL. For Cucamonga, it will be another week before they can try to finally break double digits in offense.

New England: Clint Greenshields, Cameron Ciraldo 2, and Manase Manuakafoa 2.
Cucamonga: John Morris. Dynevor 1/2
Dally M: Manase Manuakafoa (Celtic) 3, Danny Houghton (Celtic) 2, and Cameron Ciraldo (Celtic) 1.
HT Score: 8-0
Crowd: 6,346

New Zealand Churr Bros v South Canberra Knights

Fans were expecting a tight fought, end to end thriller as New Zealand played host to the in form South Canberra Knights, but the home side had something totally different in mind as they turned in a truly intimidating performance to demolish the visiting Knights 40-12 in front of a stunned but pleased crowd. The Kiwis were merciless where the Knights were toothless, and now sit outright third in the league.

New Zealand: Sam Tomkins, Maurice Blair, Lee Briers 2, Kallum Watkins 2, and Blake Ayshford. Goodwin 6/7
South Canberra: Nathan Peats and James Tamou. Richards 2/2
Dally M: Kallum Watkins (New Zealand) 3, Lee Briers (New Zealand) 2, and Luke O'Donnell (New Zealand) 1.
HT Score: 22-6
Crowd: 9,144

Oxymorons v Victorious Secrets

The Oxymorons have set a new ASRL record in their thumping 56-18 win over the hapless Victorious Secrets today, with a Joseph Paulo hattrick just one of many offensive highlights for the big winners. Jeff Robson put on a masterclass with a try, eight goals from ten, and a treble of assists - while the visitors were left grasping at air in the worst defensive display in FFBRL history.

Oxymorons: Josh Reynolds, Jeff Robson, Josh McGuire, James Roby, Ryan James, Mitch Rein, Joseph Paulo 3, and Joel Moon. Robson 8/10
Victorious Secrets: Jason Nightingale, Dylan Farrell, Daniel Vidot, and Willie Tonga. Maloney 1/4
Dally M: Jeff Robson (Oxymorons) 3, Mitch Rein (Oxymorons) 2, and Jarryd Hayne (Oxymorons) 1.
HT Score: 20-4

Raymond Terrace Tanks v Pecan Sandies

An understrength Raymond Terrace side has been able to offer up little more than token resistance today as they were taken forcefully like a groupie at a Canterbury Bulldogs' after party. The side from Philly went in dry and took no prisoners on their way to a 28-4 win over their crippled opposition.

Raymond Terrace: Brett Finch. Paterson 0/1
Pecan Sandies: Sandor Earl, Andrew Everingham, Anthony Laffranchi 2, and Robbie Farah. Dobson 4/5
Dally M: Sandor Earl (Sandies) 3, Anthony Laffranchi (Sandies) 2, and Dave Taylor (Sandies) 1.
HT Score: 4-16
Crowd: 3,734

Sittsburgh Peelers v Shenzhen Sharkitohs

Even a lopsided 8-1 penalty count couldn't get Sittsburgh home today in their clash with Shenzhen, the Pittsburgh side unable to ride their momentum after Willie Mason's 69th minute try brought them within two after they'd trailed 10-4 since shortly after half time. Josh Mantelleto's usually faultless boot missed two goals in what proved to be a costly off day for the winger.

Sittsburgh: Willie Mason. Mantelleto 2/4
Shenzhen: Tautau Moga and Tim Grant. Gordon 1/2
Dally M: Ratu Marika Koroibete (Shenzhen) 3, Willie Mason (Sittsburgh) 2, and Michael Gordon (Shenzhen) 1.
HT Score: 4-6

Smiley's Sex Slaves v Baltimore Hoppers

A near faultless first half from Smiley's Sex Slaves saw them rush out to a 26-0 lead against the boys from Baltimore, and while Clint Newton was able to cross for the visitors, it wasn't enough to prevent an embarrassing 36-4 loss for the unpredictable Hoppers.

Smiley's Sex Slaves: Tom Briscoe, Jarrod Croker 2, Aku Uate, Rob Burrow, Dave Tyrell, and Liam Fulton. Croker 4/7
Baltimore: Clint Newton. Sammut 0/1
Dally M: Jarrod Croker (Slaves) 3, Aku Uate (Slaves) 2, and Dave Tyrell (Slaves) 1.
HT Score: 26-0
Crowd: 10,295

Sooky La Las v Titty Ho Swallows

After a tense first half looked to have set up a competitive second half, the Titty Ho Swallows turned in a much improved second half to grab a 32-18 victory in lovely Sunday afternoon conditions in Sydney's Inner West. The Sooky La Las fought hard to trail 14-12 at the break, but were undone by some slick work after the break.

Sooky La Las: Dylan Walker, Ben Flower, and Ben Davies. Sezer 3/3
Titty Ho: Joe Wardle, Kevin Locke, Sam Kasiano, and Frank-Paul Nuuausala. Locke 6/7
Dally M: Iosia Soliola (Swallows) 3, Louis Anderson (Swallows) 2, and Kevin Locke (Swallows) 1.
HT Score: 12-14
Crowd: 3,210

Last edited:

Misanthrope

Staff member
Any reason my orders weren't used last week?

As I said to JM, there were some issues with the sim not updating when using Windows 8. I found a workaround and replayed the game I spotted (Fred's game) that had used the wrong orders.

It won't be an issue in future. I just have to Run as Administrator.

My own orders didn't even get used, now that I look at it :-/

Bazal

Post Whore
Yeah same apparently happened to me...which resulted in Ryan Hall going from 8 weeks injured to 10 weeks injured. Will include a note in orders which are on their way. I am rather impressed I managed a win with Barba playing on a three weeker and Hall playing on an 8 weeker :lol:

Rangi Chase 5 weeks too....ffs.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'd have been infuriated if I'd noticed before I'd written results and had to re-do everything :lol:

As it is, it looks like most people got f**ked over so it levels out somewhat. Teething problems in a new league.

Didgi

I double clicked on the file.

Well, in reality I clicked half a dozen other places and then spammed the mouse over the box, something worked and I have files, though half my squad is dead so I'm hoping that's a mistake.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Ouch, no wonder i lost haha. Played with the same guys all injured, and picked up a whole host more. Bloody computer difficulties :(

5 wks Stewart
2 wks Simmons
4 wks Mcmanus
3 wks winterstein
4 wks whare
7 wks walsh
2 wks johnson
4 wks clarkson
1 wks Bailey

Can someone lend me their physio? :lol:

Misanthrope

Staff member
I double clicked on the file.

Well, in reality I clicked half a dozen other places and then spammed the mouse over the box, something worked and I have files, though half my squad is dead so I'm hoping that's a mistake.

Stupid change. What was wrong with the old Rapidshare?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Beau Scott has been on 2 injury for the last 2 weeks despite not playing either of those weeks. I picked up a couple of injuries in the last game so this week I actually do need him.

PS - Todd Carney really is a brittle bitch. Someone just take his head off, these minor injuries he keeps accumulating is doing my head in.