What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita to Sharks

macnaz

Staff member
For those that havnt seen this ,, thats the player we are losing, yeah great to sign Blair but Fifita well be just as good for us I.M.O and would have been at least $200K cheaper. that money could sign some friggin backs :(
WATCH THIS >>>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqH6IIwpxYg Thats just his 2010 highlights .

Last edited:

gronkathon

First Grade
Difference between Blair and Fifita would be the amount that 3rd party sponsors would be willing to pay.

I wouldn't be suprised if the out of cap expense for Blair turned out to be less than the wage Fifita is being touted as earning.

macnaz

Staff member
Difference between Blair and Fifita would be the amount that 3rd party sponsors would be willing to pay.

I wouldn't be suprised if the out of cap expense for Blair turned out to be less than the wage Fifita is being touted as earning.

Id think Fifita has that type of persona and popularity that i thought may make him more marketable for third party sponsors than Blair, i guess Blair in a NZ test player tho........ Andrew is like a front row Benji to me as he offers plenty of exitment amongst the fans and league followers in general. Id say most people would be more familiar with would Fifita does on the field these days than they would Blair.

Craigshark

First Grade
"Nowhere near the best forward in the world" is what you said. Rubbish. He is one of the best forwards in the world.

You said he was the best forward in the world.. I said he was nowhere near the best, yes a good player and possibly even one of the best but not the best like you stated in your previous post..

andrew9148

Juniors
I reckon the Sharks would have used the fact that Woods got a 3 year deal for playing just a few games of firsts compared with Andrew who played last year and this year. I know Woods is good, but it doesnt help when he gets 3 and Fifita 1.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
i perfer to keep heighnington,Fifta and gibbs
Blair and his 60 metres a game can go away

Again, you are criminally overrating our players. Heighington is a solid player, but not rep level quality. Blair is a NZ rep and a mainstay at the Storm FFS. We aren't signing a dud here!

For years people whinge that we don't sign big players, we are about to sign one and have to move on a few players who have been here for years and who IMO haven't progressed to the level that we would have liked, yet everyone still complains.

And again, I would LOVE to keep Fifita. No doubt he will be a massive loss. But I would not pay him $350K. No way. It's as simple as that.

R2Coupe

Juniors
Again, you are criminally overrating our players. Heighington is a solid player, but not rep level quality. Blair is a NZ rep and a mainstay at the Storm FFS. We aren't signing a dud here!

For years people whinge that we don't sign big players, we are about to sign one and have to move on a few players who have been here for years and who IMO haven't progressed to the level that we would have liked, yet everyone still complains.

And again, I would LOVE to keep Fifita. No doubt he will be a massive loss. But I would not pay him $350K. No way. It's as simple as that.

Agree with what you have written.

we need forwards that can go forward and Blair isnt that player
theres no doubt hes a decent player but hes not a star like u seem to think he is nor would he be a starter for nsw or australia

Tigerm

First Grade
We have all been consistent in wanting change, we got change, the current squad has only offered heartache, I am prepared to see what happens.

When nothing changes, then nothing changes.

Tigerm

First Grade
we need forwards that can go forward and Blair isnt that player
theres no doubt hes a decent player but hes not a star like u seem to think he is nor would he be a starter for nsw or australia
Considering he is part of the current world champs, he may take that as a compliment:)

Last edited:

gurstar

Juniors
For those that havnt seen this ,, thats the player we are losing, yeah great to sign Blair but Fifita well be just as good for us I.M.O and would have been at least $200K cheaper. that money could sign some friggin backs :(
WATCH THIS >>>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqH6IIwpxYg Thats just his 2010 highlights .

i just watched this clip wests tigers would be crackers to let him go..god i hope he stays at west

Parraren

Bench
I sure as hell hope you blokes aren't signing Blair to play front row.

Awesome running backrower but massively overrated as a prop.

As an outsider looking in, Gibbs, Fulton & Heighington wouldn't be major losses for you.

You guys will have an awesome back row with Blair, Ellis & Dwyer for years to come.

Fifita would be a major loss though.

R2Coupe

Juniors
That's a fair summation. I am sure the Tigers management is aware of what it wants to achieve.