What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fight for Life - League v Union

andrew057

First Grade
Not really the same thing but reminds me of the Danny Green v Mundine fight a few years back, I think it was the last one they had. Both would of made millions to prance around the ring and not land any decent puches for the whole fight.

They only fought once. It was a decent scrap too.

shiznit

Coach
Thanks mate, good to know bit of a sham then isn't it.

I thought you meant the "celebrity" boxers were getting paid $80K, didn't realise you meant the pro fighters.

Still shitful though.

all the fighters get paid mate... not just the pro fighters.

and the figure for the so called 'celebrity' fighters have been rumored to be north of 30K at least.

Promoter Dean Lonergan defended paying all the fighters to get into the ring.

"Our single biggest cost this year was not just Shane Cameron but the purse for all the fighters,'' he told Fairfax.

"They are entitled to be paid. These are people who lend their names to us, they have to put in three months of hard training, put their reputations on the national stage and they deserve every cent of it."

from:http://www.3news.co.nz/Fight-for-Li...5/articleID/235897/Default.aspx#ixzz2Ev6gcMzg

correct me if im wrong... but when someone says they are fighting for charity... i don't expect them to personally make money from it.

but hey... maybe im in the minority...

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
all the fighters get paid mate... not just the pro fighters.

and the figure for the so called 'celebrity' fighters have been rumored to be north of 30K at least.

correct me if im wrong... but when someone says they are fighting for charity... i don't expect them to personally make money from it.

but hey... maybe im in the minority...

I agree with you 100% but I misunderstood you at first I thought you were a saying the footy players were getting 80k each

shiznit

Coach
I agree with you 100% but I misunderstood you at first I thought you were a saying the footy players were getting 80k each

fair enough...

i dont mind them having a fight night... but dont say its in the name of charity when less than 10% of the total profits will go towards the charity.

maybe ian shubert knows... issac luke fought last year so you would expect it to come under the cap...

Manu looks in great shape.
FFL-1200.jpg

betcats

Referee
They only fought once. It was a decent scrap too.

They made millions off that fight. Was there even a knockdown??

From my memory there was none. I remember Green being far too slow to land anything significant and Mundine dancing around him for twelve rounds.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
They made millions off that fight. Was there even a knockdown??

From my memory there was none. I remember Green being far too slow to land anything significant and Mundine dancing around him for twelve rounds.

It was a good fight imo, albeit Mundine clearly won

Gallen really drew the short straw for this fight.

I know Hika Elliot's brother and he would of, could of been the UFC heavy weight champ if he didnt go to prison. The guy is a dead set machine and over 136kg muscle. He trained Hika Elliot for this fight and Hika Elliot as an absolute powerful machine himself.

If Gallen survives this he is a real warrior. Gallen has no idea what he is walking into with Hika Elliot.

16oz gloves will help Gallen not get knocked out though also.

Latest posts