What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fiji Final

Costaki

Juniors
Broncos and Panthers Final
Thu Sep 23, 12:00pm (Pacific)
Written by: Peni Musunamasi
Source: Fiji SUN Christopher Chand
Nabua Broncos overcame a strong Makoi Bulldogs side to book a place in next week's grand final against defending champions Nadera Panthers.
The Broncos and Panthers showdown will be a repeat of last year's, in which the Panthers came out victor's, but this time the Broncos team will not be a pushover.
The Fiji National Rugby League finals were held at Suva Grammar grounds yesterday where the Nabua Broncos outplayed the Makoi Bulldogs by 32-14 while Nadera Panthers fought off a QVS Blues onslaught 26-14.
In the first 20 minutes of the game Nabua Broncos ran away with a 14 points to nil lead but a lapse of concentration saw the Makoi Bulldogs get back into the game. At halftime Nabua lead 14-8. Both teams threw everything at each other in the second half but some brilliant work from the Broncos saw them taking out the match.
Nabua coach Shane Morris is now focusing on the grand final and believes his side has the goods to produce an upset next week.
"The Panthers side will definitely go in as favourites. We beat them in the first round of competition but they came back at us in the second round. The boys played well today apart from some small mistakes and I am happy with their performance. We will work on minimising our mistakes during training next week and will focus on decission making and positional play. Players tend to panic when they make mistakes and lose concentration on the game plan,"Morris said.
Nadera fought tooth and nail to beat QVS Blues, and under coach Vula Dakuitoga they will be going into the grand final as favourites after topping the competition in the round robin stages. Being the defending champions, Nadera will not be underestimating the underdogs Nabua, who are now polishingup it's mistakes for the grand final.
"We will try to knock them off. I have full confidence in my boys but at the end of the day I won't be able to do much as they are the ones who will be playing. It's up to them now. We will see how badly they want to win come Saturday,"Morris added.