What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fiji's bid for 18th NRL license

Not surprising you can't answer the question. You were trying to say they were similar, otherwise there was no other reason to bring up PRS.

I know you're desperate for a response when you resort to making dumb and baseless accusations.

A quick review of the conversation you've taken out of context proves you're either the dumbest bastard on Earth or a miserable prick desperate for attention.

Stadium facilities play a major role in a clubs financial sustainability. They also present a perception of a sports success.

If that's the case then why do you want to put a team in this dump?

View attachment 85860

Perth Rectangular Stadium isn't a great stadium, yet he focuses on every other ground.

Neither do I, but if Perth Red is going to condemn other clubs for playing at similar grounds then he's not in a position to push for the Pirates to play out of PRS in a black, red and gold jersey that's reserved for them.

Notice how I said "he focuses on every other ground" and "if Perth Red is going to condemn other clubs for playing at similar grounds"?

If I was talking specifically about Fiji then I wouldn't have said "other clubs" and "every other ground", would I?

Canard

Immortal
A professional 2nd division of that scope is completely unsustainable and unviable.

UNLESS, all the top division clubs would be willing to take a massive hit on there current funding.

Even then it would be of highly questionable ROI

Perth Red

Post Whore
He has a very unhealthy obsession with Perth Red. I used to laugh at him but it's just sad now.
It’s very sad someone would become so fixtated on someone he’ll never meet lol

its a Fiji thread, it’s fair to talk about the quality of a fiji stadium. It has buckleys to do with perth or hbf stadium! Go to the petth thread If you want to discuss for the umpteenth time hbf stadium and its Status as a potential nrl stadium.

so back to Fiji stadium, it looks a terrible place to play rugby league. Has this bid got any legs at all?

no stadium
no money
no mention of any interest by nrl

seems a long shot.

Vlad59

Juniors
It’s very sad someone would become so fixtated on someone he’ll never meet lol

its a Fiji thread, it’s fair to talk about the quality of a fiji stadium. It has buckleys to do with perth or hbf stadium! Go to the petth thread If you want to discuss for the umpteenth time hbf stadium and its Status as a potential nrl stadium.

so back to Fiji stadium, it looks a terrible place to play rugby league. Has this bid got any legs at all?

no stadium
no money
no mention of any interest by nrl

seems a long shot.
That first sentence had me in stitches. Pot kettle?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Rugby league legend and Kaiviti Silktails chairman Petero Civoniceva has revealed his desire to one day have a Fiji franchise in the NRL as the competition continues to expand.

ARLC chairman Peter V'landys has flagged in recent interviews' his desire for 20 teams to play in the NRL, with the Dolphins the latest edition.

Fiji recently hosted a trial match between the Melbourne Storm and Newcastle Knights which has led to plans for the country to one day host a NRL premiership match.
ivoniceva, who is an ambassador for Fiji Airways, was present at the trial match and described it as "fantastic" before indicating his hopes for more matches to be played there.

"I think Fiji Airways gave a great promotion in terms of having league played in Fiji for the first time," he told Wide World of Sports.

"... The way (both sides) they integrated into the community was really pleasing and left a lot of people wanting more so hopefully there's good signs for more rugby league to be played in Fiji.

"I think definitely more trial matches and hopefully a (premiership) game, we've definitely got the ability to do that there in Fiji and I think the tourism market is so big, and sports tourism, maybe that goes hand in hand, so I think there's lots of potential to play more games in Fiji."
Fiji's lead up to an NRL bid in the future isn't an idea that's come up overnight.

In 2020, the Silktails made a historic agreement with the NSWRL with the side participating in the Ron Massey Cup.

At the time, Civoniceva stated the move had taken a long time to come to fruition.

"It's been about six years in the making but something of this nature was always going to take time," he said in 2020.

The former Broncos and Panthers prop added there's potential for that NRL presence in the country to grow into a fully fledged side.

"As development pathways grow and obviously our Silktails team keeps growing and maturing, our development program can hopefully one day lean into support of an NRL bid," he said.

"I think Fiji's definitely got the talent there and you see that in world rugby with the amount of Fijians that are playing on the world stage. Eventually that opportunity would certainly mean more players crossing codes or obviously being part of a development pathway in the country to hopefully be a part of something like that."