What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals round 2 AT HOME! Vs Tigers (Or Dragons)

aussies1st

Staff member
Wouldn't mind the Tigers to get some payback for what they did to us earlier in the year.

shear_joy9

Coach
marshall could be out;
tigers are well and truely shot mentally and physically after tonight;
20k raiders fans going nuts for the whole game;

canberra have a massive chance

Timbo

Staff member
Can't wait - definitely heading down the Federal Highway for this one.

woodgers

Bench
Can't wait - definitely heading down the Federal Highway for this one.

I don't post on this forum often because of absolute losers like you Timbo, but after what you have dished out to the Raiders team and coach this season you have no right to think you can enjoy this success. You are a joke to every Raiders fan known and a complete pretender. I rank you lower than an opposition fan tbh. Bandwagon loser imo.

skeepe

Immortal
I don't post on this forum often because of absolute losers like you Timbo, but after what you have dished out to the Raiders team and coach this season you have no right to think you can enjoy this success. You are a joke to every Raiders fan known and a complete pretender. I rank you lower than an opposition fan tbh. Bandwagon loser imo.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Timbo

Staff member

Cool woodgers.

I dished it out because we won nothing at the beginning of the season and had tactics that a 5 year old with a box of crayons could have come up with.

We had to win 9 of our last 10 to run 7th (if you win 9 of your last 10 you should run higher than 7th ffs!) and even then needed some maths to get us in there.

I really don't give a flying f**k what you, or anyone else who has a dig at me for being critical thinks. I buy my memberships, my merchandise and spend a small fortune on petrol driving to and from games in Canberra every year.

It's fans like you that really piss me off. Fans that think blind loyalty is what following a football team is. That if you're critical of ANYTHING that goes on, you're a bandwagon fan.

I've been to 9, sorry, 10 games this year including tonight which is down on what I went to last year and the year before because I had familiy commitments. Bandwagon? Yeah, cool mate. Because I was critical when we were playing some of the worst football we've ever dished out. Whatever you think champ.

Oh, and you don't read this forum very much. Or you'd have noticed over the last month to 6 weeks since we abandoned the awful tactics that stifled the first half of the season, I've been pretty praiseful of the coach for getting it right where it's due. But cool dude, sorry for not measuring up to your standards.

Last edited:

Brimmer

Juniors
Can't we all love one another? Yeeeeewwwww We're in week 2 of the finals!!!! Great game lads, just kept diggin' in! TBH even if we go no further I'd call this year a great success (especially the back end...).

I hope Bruce is a sellout!

Timbo

Staff member
Can't we all love one another? Yeeeeewwwww We're in week 2 of the finals!!!! Great game lads, just kept diggin' in! TBH even if we go no further I'd call this year a great success (especially the back end...).

I hope Bruce is a sellout!

That's my point incidently.

I don't see how being critical when we play awful footy makes me a bandwagoner.

Anyway I'm not going to call anyone names, don't see the point. Feel free to keep having shots at me guys I really couldn't give a rip.

bileduct

Coach
Boom!

Headshot!

Brimmer

Juniors
Just looked at some of the stats from the panthers game:

Fensom 51 tackles
The Butt 48 tackles
Shillo 18 hitups for 128m

Bravo lads!

Last edited:

nickraider

Juniors
Awesome stuff. Bring on the Tigers. Can't see Manly beating the Dragons. How the Tigers lost that game is unbelieveable. Hopefully they will be totally deflated and Marshall doesn't play.

laurie

Juniors
good call woodgers.. such a f wit... real supporters stick together through the bad and now the good.. go u mighty raiders !!! gr8 win

Dazraider

Juniors
Just hope Dragons lose today but cant see it. if we take them on next week and win watch how many dragons fans whinge that it should not be at our home ground, as for the tigers they have beaten us twice this year but if they dont have benjii we still in for a tough game as farah carved us up one year without him.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
If we play like we did against the panties it doesn't matter what team takes the trip up the hume we're gunna be ready for them. I think it will be the tigers, surely the dragons can't lose today. Its good to be green.

woodgers

Bench
Cool woodgers.

I dished it out because we won nothing at the beginning of the season and had tactics that a 5 year old with a box of crayons could have come up with.

We had to win 9 of our last 10 to run 7th (if you win 9 of your last 10 you should run higher than 7th ffs!) and even then needed some maths to get us in there.

I really don't give a flying f**k what you, or anyone else who has a dig at me for being critical thinks. I buy my memberships, my merchandise and spend a small fortune on petrol driving to and from games in Canberra every year.

It's fans like you that really piss me off. Fans that think blind loyalty is what following a football team is. That if you're critical of ANYTHING that goes on, you're a bandwagon fan.

I've been to 9, sorry, 10 games this year including tonight which is down on what I went to last year and the year before because I had familiy commitments. Bandwagon? Yeah, cool mate. Because I was critical when we were playing some of the worst football we've ever dished out. Whatever you think champ.

Oh, and you don't read this forum very much. Or you'd have noticed over the last month to 6 weeks since we abandoned the awful tactics that stifled the first half of the season, I've been pretty praiseful of the coach for getting it right where it's due. But cool dude, sorry for not measuring up to your standards.

Timbo, if as you say you've been to 9 or 10 games this year (which I have no reason to not believe) then the problem you have is that you really don't understand the game of Rugby League or sport in general because your assessment is rubbish.

The tactics have not changed, they are the same as at the start of the year. The difference is that the gameplan is being executed more effectively by the young kids who Dave Furner has put his nuts on the line to show faith in to get us to this point. The side that beat Penrith last night at Penrith didn't employ tactics too much different to the side that were going to run over the top of Penrith in Round 1 but got beaten by an intercept try. The Raiders this year have been in every single game they have played, really only Roosters away was one where we just didn't compete for the majority of it. Anyone who watches the team closely could have seen that.

Part of your problem is that you shoot your mouth about everything Raiders and lack patience. The point of what Dave Furner (you know, the bloke you have been riding for 2 years and telling people to hand their memberships in because he is coach) is trying to do is to nurture a champions U20's team and bring them up to 1st grade standard. That takes time and anyone who knows slightly more than average about RL knows this. You don't. You expect a guy like Josh McCrone to come in and play the hardest position on the park like Thurston does from day 1, with a complete disregard for things like how long it even took JT to get to that level. Some of the things you've written about McCrone this year are quite shameful to be honest, I was embarassed to read them and be put in the same catergory, Raiders fan, as you.

There have been plenty of times this year that i've thought about interjecting on the hatefest that you've created on this board and trying to add some sense to the madness. I figured it would be a waste of time because like I say earlier, I just don't think you 'get' the basic principles of the game and the realities of professional sport.

Id imagine the Dragons will do everything in their power today to win.

They will not want to play us in canberra again.

this week we beat a former Raiders coach , next we will do it again.

Cryptic

Juniors
If the Dragons win today and we beat the Tigers next week do we play the Titans or the Dragons?

Would be nice to beat three former Raider's coaches (Dragons) in a row :)

And I think the Titans away form may catch up to them if we played them in a GF.

Either that or the Dragons who just can't beat us, hehe.

Oh and I'm ignoring the Roosters as I don't believe they are any hope of winning this weekend... Granted if Manly somehow won then they would get a week off... Either way that would be the second Raiders ex-coach in a row (Dragons next week).

Last edited:

Latest posts