What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paullyboy

Coach
Given the green machine look set to play in the finals this year I'm trying to get my head around what position plays in what timeslot in week 1 of the finals.

I've looked around and can't find it anywhere, all I could see is that last year 1v4 was Friday, 5v8 was sat arvo, 2v3 was sat night and 6v7 was Sunday.

Is that the formula again this year?

skeepe

Immortal
The finals system is skewed against teams like the Raiders and the Knights.

If we win week one and earn a home preliminary final, we have to play it in Sydney. So we could potentially host a "home" prelim against the Sharks or Bulldogs in their city.

It's ridiculous.

mattyg

Bench
Get a stadium that holds more than 20k and you can host a prelim at home. But that is way too small for a major semi final. Broncos won about 5 comps when all semis were in Sydney so if you are good enough it doesn't matter where you play. What's next? Grand final should be at canberra in case it's against the Bulldogs because it gives us unfair home ground advantage?

RockWheel

Bench
With the current finals system, there's no set order that games have to/should be shown in, but I think every year since 2012 has seen 1v4 Friday night, 5v8 first Saturday, 2v3 second Saturday and 6v7 Sunday arvo.

Edit: 2013 and 2014 2v3 was Friday; 1v4 Saturday

thorson1987

Coach
Get a stadium that holds more than 20k and you can host a prelim at home. But that is way too small for a major semi final. Broncos won about 5 comps when all semis were in Sydney so if you are good enough it doesn't matter where you play. What's next? Grand final should be at canberra in case it's against the Bulldogs because it gives us unfair home ground advantage?

Raiders won their grand finals when all finals games were in Sydney too.

Card Shark

Immortal
The finals system is skewed against teams like the Raiders and the Knights.

If we win week one and earn a home preliminary final, we have to play it in Sydney. So we could potentially host a "home" prelim against the Sharks or Bulldogs in their city.

It's ridiculous.

Umm...you forgot to mention if we play you as 1 V 4 or 2 V 3, it's not at our home ground either.

If the finishing positions were reversed, we would play in Canberra.

It's not all against your team mate.

shaggs

Coach
All finals should be at Suncorp so JT only has to travel a small distance and gets to play at his spiritual home.

Card Shark

Immortal
If we lose all our games & they win all theirs, they can.

Or we lose 3 & they win 3 + they improve for / against by about 40, which probably would happen if we are losing & they are winning.

skeepe

Immortal
Canberra Stadium holds 27k

Card Shark

Immortal
If Raiders make the top 4 & lose week 1, meaning they get a "home" final week 2, is that played in Canberra or do they make them play in Sydney ?

Paullyboy

Coach
Surely it'd be in Canberra. I thought the whole 'let's give Sydney teams a cheating advantage' thing was only for the prelim finals (and GF obviously).

Card Shark

Immortal
If they were to host a game in week 3, that should be Canberra too....it's the capital city FFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts