What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Schedule

Pjf04b

Juniors
What a joke!
Saturday 4:05 pm.
Why should the Warriors get preferential treatment and play when it suits them?
Netball finals are being played then and lots won't be able to attend.

Fangs

Coach
Interesting decisions.

Broncos always get Friday night. But I can't be sore with the Warriors. They got reamed during the Covid years. Their rise back to the top 4 has been really impressive and getting some NRL assistance with scheduling is probably fair.

Think about it this way. We will get an extra 4 hours of recovery time after sinking piss on Saturday night.

Bred not Bought

Juniors
What a joke!
Saturday 4:05 pm.
Why should the Warriors get preferential treatment and play when it suits them?
Netball finals are being played then and lots won't be able to attend.

Both sides get a 7 day turn around. I don't see preferential treatment.
I will be stunned if the game is not a sell out anyway

Pjf04b

Juniors
Saturday afternoon at 4.00pm is terrible scheduling. It disadvantages a lot of regular fans. 5.30 pm is a much better time and would be OK for NZ as it is only 7.30pm

Pjf04b

Juniors
We won the minor premiership and they traditionally play Friday night. But as usual Brisbane play Friday night and Penrith get shafted with a 4.00pm game.
I bet if it was Brisbane vs the Warriors it would be Friday night!

mxlegend99

Referee
We got the worst time slot. Broncos rewarded with the best because it just isn't the NRL if Broncos don't get the Friday night game.

I would've been find with the Saturday night main game. But Saturday 4pm? f**king hate the early Saturday game.

Caged Panther

First Grade
I agree that the timing is probably disappointing for a lot of supporters in the area who have commitments with sport, work etc.

I sympathize because I work every 3rd weekend and would have been caught out if it had been my weekend to work.

However as soon as there a storm vs broncos game on the cards that game was always going to be Friday night.

The decision to have it at 4pm instead of the normal 5:30 is ridiculous though. It's for no other reason to appease ch9's need to show the news at 6.

Pjf04b

Juniors
It isn't for 9, it is for NZ prime time.
What is the benefit of winning the minor premiership?
It should have been Friday night or 5:30 Saturday.

soc123_au

Staff member
If it were against anyone else I could understand being annoyed about this. In this case though I reckon given what the Warriors sacrificed for the best part of 2 years this is nothing. 9.30 kick off NZ time would be thousands of kids missing the game live. They've earned this imo.

Pjf04b

Juniors
If it were against anyone else I could understand being annoyed about this. In this case though I reckon given what the Warriors sacrificed for the best part of 2 years this is nothing. 9.30 kick off NZ time would be thousands of kids missing the game live. They've earned this imo.
Then make it 5:30 as the compromise!

age.s

First Grade
And I can’t because of netball finals!
So it's shit scheduling because it clashes with your personal schedule? Well it works perfectly for mine so that subjective measure goes out the window. I am delighted the NRL took my personal circumstances into account when developing their finals program.

Seriously though, I dont see a problem with the timeslot in a vacuum. It's a great time for the Warriors obviously which is a win for the game and thousands of long suffering fans and absolutely something the NRL should be considering irrespective of where they finished on the table. For Australians, we finish the game, have a feed with the family. Kids can be home in time for bed and/or then you watch the late game with family/mates.

Iamback

Coach
We won the minor premiership and they traditionally play Friday night. But as usual Brisbane play Friday night and Penrith get shafted with a 4.00pm game.
I bet if it was Brisbane vs the Warriors it would be Friday night!

How does giving us 1 less day preparation reward us?

MugaB

Coach
And I can’t because of netball finals!
Well its not a GF so don't get overly pissed about it, its not like netball finals are that often, its a one off and we probably win regardless, i too have my daughters netball GF, but its at 10am