What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals stuff

Chimp

Bench
Do any of youse really believe that we deserve or a capable of going deep into the semi finals.

Me yeah narh.

And as for the other shit teams around us, they are dreaming too.
The sad reality is, with where we are it, if any of the teams who’ll make the 8 turn up and play anywhere near their potential, we’ll not only lose, but be blown off the park. Newcastle were nothing special at all, but ultimately ran away with it. When the going gets tough, we fold like a cheap deck chair.
In my opinion, if we play to our potential, we can beat teams 3-8, but even at our best, we’ll be cannon fodder to the Panthers and Broncos.
That being said, once you’re in the 8, we can hold out hope that we magically find our best footy and the other sides lose players/form - but in reality, we ain’t doing shizz

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I have us sixth whether we win or lose against the Raiders.

Home semi v East's or Souths, depends on their game.

Might win that, then we play a top 4 and bounce out.

roboshark

Coach
Wonder what impact Ricky's outburst will have bith this weekend and the following. Funnily enough most likely against us twice. I'm backing Klein for the first week of the finals

roboshark

Coach
Also wasn't next weeks game some battle between that red headed git from Canberra and one of our blokes. See he is out suspended now

eddiesmith

Juniors
Do any of youse really believe that we deserve or a capable of going deep into the semi finals.

Me yeah narh.

And as for the other shit teams around us, they are dreaming too.

No, but we are worthy of a spot as we’re definitely better than those below us.

What we do need is a good win week 1 on the back of Nicho to shake off some of those question marks. Week 2 v Warriors in NZ anything could happen but we’ll probably bow out.

This year is about getting some experience in September and a foundation to build on going forward. No draft so nothing to be gained by finishing lower but plenty to be gained from finals experience going forward.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Wonder what impact Ricky's outburst will have bith this weekend and the following. Funnily enough most likely against us twice. I'm backing Klein for the first week of the finals
The bloke has been out bursting each week for a good month or so - and to no avail. The only impact that will have is if the sharks show up and just play solid.
In saying that, I agree it’s ref lotto

The bloke has been out bursting each week for a good month or so - and to no avail. The only impact that will have is if the sharks show up and just play solid.
In saying that, I agree it’s ref lotto
Agreed, I expect objective refereeing this Sunday, yesterday here was a definite smell about that refereeing, all pointing to the NRL wanting Newcastle to have a home semi in a packed Newcastle stadium, a fairytale story as Roy and HG say.

Agreed, I expect objective refereeing this Sunday, yesterday here was a definite smell about that refereeing, all pointing to the NRL wanting Newcastle to have a home semi in a packed Newcastle stadium, a fairytale story as Roy and HG say.
The fairy tale story is Warriors winning it all.
Any team playing them in finals will need to be 12 point better team.
I can see them week 3 at least.
At moment lose week 1 to Panthers
If games goes as plan wins week 2 in NZ
Week 3 vs Broncs in Brisbane, I can see upset win there
GF they will have all neutrals, Hollywood couldn't write it but NRL can

coolumsharkie

Referee
I have us sixth whether we win or lose against the Raiders.

Home semi v East's or Souths, depends on their game.

Might win that, then we play a top 4 and bounce out.
Uh no, they'll be on 34 points (6th) If we lose we finish 7th or 8th due to our better f/a provided we dont get severely flogged.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I don't see the Knights being any sort of fairytale to be honest. NRL would only care about the dollars that a packed Marathon brings IMO. That might be a reason to favour them but yesterday the biggest favours they got were from a flaccid Sharks performance. To think the Sharks have a sponsorship deal with Pilot. The Sharks must get the placebos.

Uh no, they'll be on 34 points (6th) If we lose we finish 7th or 8th due to our better f/a provided we dont get severely flogged.
We will know circumstances as we play last.
If panther lose we are safe, even a win needs to be big and us a large loss.
Roosters win safe due to F/a.
If Souths have a good win, our loss untidy we could drop to 8th.

I actually see drags beating knights, they finish 6th us 5th.
And then going out week 1 lol

I don't see the Knights being any sort of fairytale to be honest. NRL would only care about the dollars that a packed Marathon brings IMO. That might be a reason to favour them but yesterday the biggest favours they got were from a flaccid Sharks performance. To think the Sharks have a sponsorship deal with Pilot. The Sharks must get the placebos.
I don't see Newcastle as a true fairy tale either , but a media narrative / myth that can be blurted out. I think the Warriors could be a more authentic fairytale (as Stake suggested) given the discipline coach Webster has instilled in them this year, he has succeeded in that respect where many before him have failed.

My take.

We’ll finish 6th to 8th.

Pretty sure we’ll beat Wicky’s Faider’s.
Would be so sweet to knock them out of finals contention too. Hate those pricks and the pricks who follow them.

We’ll win 1st week of finals as long as Nico plays.

We’ll give a good account of ourselves the following week but lose to a team that simply has more elite players.

We need to find at least a couple more elite players to give us more of a threat in attack against the top teams. One of these elite players ideally would be a prop forward.

Hopefully Kade Dykes can blossom to something special for us or a Sam Stonestreet can put real pressure on our outside backs.

jason taylor

Bench
My take.

We’ll finish 6th to 8th.

Pretty sure we’ll beat Wicky’s Faider’s.
Would be so sweet to knock them out of finals contention too. Hate those pricks and the pricks who follow them.

We’ll win 1st week of finals as long as Nico plays.

We’ll give a good account of ourselves the following week but lose to a team that simply has more elite players.

We need to find at least a couple more elite players to give us more of a threat in attack against the top teams. One of these elite players ideally would be a prop forward.

Hopefully Kade Dykes can blossom to something special for us or a Sam Stonestreet can put real pressure on our outside backs.
You forgot convincing your coach that Talakai is not an elite centre and that Moylan needs to be shipped across to old blighty.

You forgot convincing your coach that Talakai is not an elite centre and that Moylan needs to be shipped across to old blighty.

Talakai’s form has dropped off a cliff.

We need to find a better centre going forward for sure.

Moylan needs to be left right out.

He may as be a Sharks trainer on the field.

He’s a passenger on the field and as physical as a Barbie Doll.