What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals W1 - vs Storm

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Interesting situation for us. If 2 of the teams above lose, we could be out if we lose.

Assuming Knights, Broncos win today:
Dragons v Eels. After Friday I can't see the Dragons dropping to the Eels again? That would be a massive turn around if the Eels do.

Dogs v Knights. As bad as the Noddiless Dogs were, I still think they will put away Knights. Who knows. Noddy might be back?

Titans v Broncos. I wouldn't have though the Titans were vulnerable, however after the injuries they sustained last night I think the Broncos will stretch them.

I think this is our preferred draw IMHO.

If Penrith win (assuming not a massive win of course) and Broncos win:

Dragons play Penrith. Should be a walk in the park... pfft as long as they don't choke again.

Dogs v Eels. I think the Eels would be morals.

Titans v Broncos. As above.

If somehow the Raiders can beat the Broncos we might end up with:

Titans v Knights - I think the Titans would win this.
Dragons v Eels - As above
Dogs v Broncos - Dogs have solid record against Broncos.

BlueEyes

Juniors
Great game last night, good to see some form. Only poor old George coughed up a couple but otherwise a great performance.Here we come :)

Dutchy

Immortal
If we play like we did in that first 30 minutes. We will blow anyone out of the water.

t-ba

Post Whore
Must win. Simply can't trust the sides above us to win their finals. I don't want this to be like the dragons in '04.

Still, Wow. What a performace.

Juniors
im just wondering who will benefit most from last years gf?are the scars still there for the storm or is revenge all thats on their mind... should be a cracker

cupid

Juniors
im just wondering who will benefit most from last years gf?are the scars still there for the storm or is revenge all thats on their mind... should be a cracker
The Storm are heavily depleted arent they?

Grumpy Old Man

Juniors
Being underdogs against the Storm has always worked well for us in the past, and I love Dessie's "under the radar" psychology. So for me because they finished one place ahead of us on the table this year I'm still thinking we have to shift up another gear to win.
And with the Brett's game improving with each outing and the confidence that brings to the team, I can't see why we can't lift at least another 20%.

eagles4eva

First Grade
I have heard that Lyon will make his return, which means King is the only player missing, close to full strength, c'mon the Eagles

Scarves

Juniors
No excuses here, the game is not at Olympic Park and it's semi final time, we should be peaking, except for Jason King we have all hands on deck, we should win and look solid doing it.

SeaEagle

Juniors
We did them a few weeks back on the postcard they call an oval. If we can do it there anything is possible. After last weeks effot against the Titans we seem to be on track.

Carn the Mighty Sea Eagles !

Terry-Randal

Juniors
This is so far the game of the season played at Etihad Stadium. The fact its an international venue Manly will find it refreshing and be more motivated. I cant take too much from last weeks game against the Titans cause Titans did not have to win and properbly took it easy. So that performance meant nothing. Storm on the other hand won easily in NZ and are in great form.

This will be a tough one for manly i think the Storm by 14. Hope the doggies or bulldogs win one of their games. or we are out.

hey,

good luck to manly sea eagles, your going to need it! the rivalry has been growing and growing and it wont end quickly. unfortuanlty i think sea eagles and eels will bow out this weekend, as i dont see the dogs or titans winning.

GO THE STORM!

zombie jesus

Staff member
This is so far the game of the season played at Etihad Stadium. The fact its an international venue Manly will find it refreshing and be more motivated. I cant take too much from last weeks game against the Titans cause Titans did not have to win and properbly took it easy. So that performance meant nothing. Storm on the other hand won easily in NZ and are in great form.

This will be a tough one for manly i think the Storm by 14. Hope the doggies or bulldogs win one of their games. or we are out.

So the Titans had nothing to play for and probably (note the spelling) took it easy.

What did the Warriors have to play for? They gave up hope months ago, have you been watching the NRL at all or just figured last years form continued through to now?

Hard to read the form of both sides considering the opposition.

Last edited:

bennoonthehill

Juniors
Didn't watch the Warriors Storm game cos i was at Brookvale, but surely they would have given it a red hot go in order to send off Stacey Jones right?

Didn't watch the Warriors Storm game cos i was at Brookvale, but surely they would have given it a red hot go in order to send off Stacey Jones right?

i dident c manly coz i was at mt smart buut yeah they gave it a good go. it was 12-0 at the break and it took 20 mins for points to be scored so yeah