What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FINALS WEEK THREE - Manly vs Nth Qld @ SFS

Hurriflatch

Referee
congrats to Manly but would've been interesting had the Cowboys had O'Donnell, Webb, Southern etc but you can only play whats in front of you and Manly dominated the Cowboys.

Monaghan was the key, when he was on Manly looked unbeatable once he came off the wheels fell off a bit.

Cowboys can hold their heads high despite getting done by 22 tonight they were not disgraced.

now all we need to do is see who they'll be playing in the grand final

Seti

Juniors
PARRA_FAN said:
Add to that 1987, oh hang on.

Well done Manly, they were the better side, I just wish there was minute where Gould didnt open his mouth.

Yes the refereeing was bad, but so were the Cowboys too many injuries and an inexperienced forward didnt help. They were missing Webb, Tronc, O'Donnell, Southern.

but Simpkins was poor and should NOT be refereeing next week, no matter how bad Archer is tomorrow, he should get the job ahead of Simpkins.

I concur. 'Gas' Gould speaks as if he were the global authority on all things league. And he's mostly dead wrong! Shut ya f**kn cakehole 'Gas'.

Simpkins has had a shocking year. His form in particular the diabolical send off of McKinnon in the Warriors/Tigers game was supposed to count against him when appointing finals officials. Anyone's currently better than that clown.

Big Pete

Referee
Hey just got back from the game.

Manly were too good tonight what else can you say?

Must say though Simpkins sh*ts me as a ref. What was everyones thoughts on the Thurston penalty for being pushed over at marker? F**k that annoyed me, especially being in the heart of Manly supporters.

Also on the Watmough try...everyones thoughts on that? Mind you it was extremely soft defence however I found it odd in some way? Was it fair?

Congrats Manly.

Garts

Bench
Watmoughs try was fine. He was given the mark and took the tap, very straight forward to me. Simpkins did not need to get them back and set the 10 as that was the try line.

nqboy

First Grade
God-King Dean said:
I'll put my hand up & say I've always bagged out Orford. I thought he was just an ordinary halfback who wasn't much without a good forward pack. But tonight changed my view of him, he's been awesome.
WE made it easy for him. Judge him against a switched-on opposition in a big game.

Big Pete

Referee
Yeah that's what I was thinking too. There was just a feeling around the crowd of...wtf regarding Watmoughs try.

Dutchy

Immortal
Well he did blind sight everyone..including the Cowboys and probably every Manly player but Orford.

Cletus

First Grade
Big Pete said:
Hey just got back from the game.

Manly were too good tonight what else can you say?

Must say though Simpkins sh*ts me as a ref. What was everyones thoughts on the Thurston penalty for being pushed over at marker? F**k that annoyed me, especially being in the heart of Manly supporters.

Also on the Watmough try...everyones thoughts on that? Mind you it was extremely soft defence however I found it odd in some way? Was it fair?

Congrats Manly.

Thurtson's penalty could have gone either way, but he seemed to see there complaining to the ref instead of trying to get onside. If he'd played on there wouldn't have been a problem.
Watmough's try was fine, pitiful defence though and it took me a while to work out what happened.

Big Pete

Referee
Could have gone either way Nial? Rubbish! Watch Origin 2 2007 and watch the penalty given to Price as Bailey pushes him over. It's illegal and Thurston should've had the penalty.

*Paul*

Juniors
Yay Manly. This preserves the no-50-conceded rule, as the Cowboys were the only side in the last four to do so.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Big Pete said:
Could have gone either way Nial? Rubbish! Watch Origin 2 2007 and watch the penalty given to Price as Bailey pushes him over. It's illegal and Thurston should've had the penalty.

The penalty was clear as day over the mic. "You crowded the him while he was playing the ball."

Frankly, he should have got 10 in the bin for his spoilt brat who dropped his lolly routine. Thurston is the new Andrew Johns. I wonder if he should get some pointers on how to relax from him too...

Big Pete

Referee
Puh-leez you cannot push the marker over! Either way it was a BS call and hopefully has seen Simpkins get shunned from the Grand Final.

If Thurston is the new Andrew Johns than Orford has to be the new McEnroe, he is disgraceful.

Apey

Staff member
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
The penalty was clear as day over the mic. "You crowded the him while he was playing the ball."

Frankly, he should have got 10 in the bin for his spoilt brat who dropped his lolly routine. Thurston is the new Andrew Johns. I wonder if he should get some pointers on how to relax from him too...

Lol thought this would come up. It's alright, I'd be upset if my captain lacked passion too. ;)

Clock watcher

Juniors
Simpkins got that play wrong twice -
Thurston was all over the ball player and should have been penalised, he didn't and the square up was no penalty for the push.
Then thurston was in hs rights to intercept that ball and gets penalised for in the ruck??????

Is there 2 wrongs or 3 in there???
penalty for in ruck - not given
penalty for shove - not given
penalty for intercept - given incorrect
:crazy:

Cletus

First Grade
Big Pete said:

I mean he could have been pinged for holding onto the player playing the ball. I wouldn't have had a problem with it being a penalty, but when the ref doesn't award a penalty you can't sit on the ground and have a sook, then intercept a pass in a blatantly offside position. He sould have just got up and played on.

Big Pete

Referee
Thurston holding on was no different from any breakdown before; thus in the context of the game it was fine. The pushing down though was a blantant penalty.

Aw well that's footy.

Latest posts