What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals

Card Shark

Immortal
We're in - woo hoo!!!

Where will we finish & who might we play in week 1.

I think we may finish 5th now & play the Knights.

DJShaksta

First Grade
We better have learnt our lesson from last game against the knights.
Kicking to Uate on the full is a no no

Card Shark

Immortal
I'm pretty sure there will be no Snowy showy

That is a massive bonus.
In regards to kicking to Uate, it is a good idea to bomb to him (Carney needs to put up his massive spiral bombs) but yes, not smart to kick to him with a bit of room to wind up.

I just checked the finals draw & the winner of 5th V 8th plays the loser of 1st V 4th, at 1st's home ground / city. If we do end up 5th & manage to win in week 1, hopefully that means we wouldn't have to venture to Melbourne.

I'd like our chances against a Sydney team.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
So if we finish 5th we will play on the sat night? Do we play at Remondis or SFS? And if we finish 6th we play sunday arvo?

fizman

Bench
My view is now that we are in with the home final, we will lose our next two games. Last night was very physical and I expect a desperate Cowboys to beat us on Sunday. We may beat Canberra, but with the F/A I have the Bulldogs in 5th spot.

No idea who we will play in week 1.

The only team I don't think we can beat in the final series is Manly.

SRB_SEA_EAGLE

Juniors
National Rugby League Finals System Explained

Telstra Premiership Finals Series Structure

2013finalseriesimage.jpg

Home Venues Explained

Week One: Qualifying Finals & Elimination Finals
The highest qualifying teams after 26 Rounds will host each match at their normal home venue, with exception to any Sydney based NRL club which will play their 'home game' at either the SFS or ANZ Stadium.

* Home venues subject to NRL approval as suitable to host a Final
Week Two: Semi Finals
The highest qualifying teams in each match (winners 3 & 4) will host in their home city.

The following home City venues may qualify to host a Final in Week 2:

New South Wales / ACT:
Sydney: Sydney Football Stadium, ANZ Stadium
Canberra: Canberra Stadium
Newcastle: Energy Australia Stadium

Queensland:

Brisbane: Suncorp Stadium
Gold Coast: Skilled Park
Townsville: Dairy Farmers Stadium

Victoria:
Melbourne: Etihad Stadium, MCG

New Zealand:
Auckland: Mt Smart Stadium

* A decision on which days both Finals will be played will be made following the completion of Week 1
Week Three: Preliminary Finals
The highest qualifying teams in each match (winners 1 & 2) will host in their home Region.

The following Regions and venues may qualify to host a Final in Week 3:

New South Wales/ACT:

All Teams: Sydney Football Stadium, ANZ Stadium

Queensland:
South East Queensland Region: Suncorp Stadium
North Queensland Region: Dairy Farmers Stadium

Victoria:
Melbourne: Etihad Stadium, MCG

New Zealand:
Auckland: Mt Smart Stadium

* A decision on which days both Finals will be played will be made following the completion of Week 2

http://www.nrl.com/?TabId=10635

azzah72

Bench
I dare say they have their tails up and will stay 5th.

I actually think this Sundays game is a preview of week one for us.

PR_SHARK

Juniors
If we win our next 2 games we finish 5th.

If we beat the cowboys and the warriors win both of their games, warriors will be 8th.

Titans and panthers gave tough games so I think they are gone for sure.

I think we will be playing the warriors week 1, after we beat the cowboys this week

coolumsharkie

Referee
Bulldogs can only be knocked out by the Knights on points or the Cows (diff).. The others have too big of a gap diff. Souths Roosters will play for the minor Premmy, Manly can knock off Storm from 3rd, Sharks can knock off Manly for 4th.

Oh yeah and the Bulldogs can swap with us too.

Then there is the race for 7th and 8th between 6 teams. The Raiders and Warriors are at long odds because of poor diff's.

Lot's of good games to watch from here on in.

coolumsharkie

Referee
My view is now that we are in with the home final, we will lose our next two games. Last night was very physical and I expect a desperate Cowboys to beat us on Sunday. We may beat Canberra, but with the F/A I have the Bulldogs in 5th spot.

No idea who we will play in week 1.

The only team I don't think we can beat in the final series is Manly.

Nope, we will keep winning imo, (Last 2 games) the bar has been set and we have the big game players to handle the pressure.

I think we will play Penrith.

I would love nothing more than for Sharknado to face off the Perfect Storm. Which weather phenomena will reign supreme? I thinks it going to be like Texas chainsaw massacre...but we'll be the ones holding the chainsaw.

Latest posts