What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finch: You want him, take him!!!(and a few more)

L

legend

Saints can have him after tonights effort. I hardly saw him get involved in the play and there are at least half a dozen other players who simply are'nt first grade standard players. Tongue, Payten, Robertsonand Lolesi are pitiful to watch as are some of the Raiders stalwarts who really have passed their prime. Finch looked very pedestrian in tonights match and must have already signed a contract with Saints because if this was a fair dinkum effort shown by a player who wants to test the market to see what he is worth, I seriously doubt any club would pay him 20k based on his woeful performance tonight. Punt him I say.

For Ellliot to start two thirty year olds in the centres shows how much he knows about developing winning combinations. Things only happened when Mark McLinden decided to run the ball which was very few times. Canberra showed what they are capable of in the last ten minutes and the it begs the question why didnt they have a go in the first seventy?

Our options and execution when attacking opposing teams lines is a shambles with passes being thrown in front or way behind the intended receiver which halts whatever momentum we may have had. The Raiders finally learnt that Tyran Smith is a running forward who is effective on the fringes and what was the go with the very limited amount of game time given to Ryan O'Hara? He was out only forward who ran hard and tackled well. The rest of the team have the stupid habit of jinking and stepping just before the defensive line which takes out the impetus of being an effective runner, with Tongue and Hodgson the worst of the forwards and Robertson the worst of the backs.

The blame must fall on the coach who is playing a brand of fooball that has produced no results and no creativity. Canberra play best when they ad lib but Elliott uses a very boring and unimaginative style which is easily read by opposing teams and that leads to moronic mistakes that are continaully hindering our game. You would think after a while that someone would learn the effective ways to move your team around the park. That makes the fourth flogging we have received this year with a pathetic 46-6 loss and coupled with a 36-12 loss to the Beagles, 52-6 to the Knights, 38-0 to the Eels not to metionwe are the only side that has lost twice to Souths. We also have to play the Warriors and Roosters so the carnage is set to continue girls and boys.

There doesnt seem to be any pride in the Raiders jersey any more and that disgusts me. I havent heard Elliotts pathetic excuses yet but I would love just one week with the Raiders to show them what is a successful way to run a football team. There is no second phase play, no cover for the kicker, too many playmakers trying to hog the ball out of dummy hafl and that all comes down to the leadership shown by Simon Woolford. at times tonight Alan Tongue was first rexceiver and he is a football genius with no idea on how to make things happen. The less he sees of the ball the better the Raiders will be.

P

pepe

looked pretty empty the showground tonight,anyone have the official attendance or are the pr people reassesing the figure.

i take ityour not happy legend,i'm over the moonafter along awaited victory from the storm boys,it's been 2 long months,i'm finding it hard to digest a victory
emdgust.gif

L

legend

Te game drew a bumper crowd of about 6,500 people and I was one mug who forked out some hard earned to watch the game. Why do I keep punishing myself?

O

ozbash

(haunting ghost noises) wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
woooooooooooooooooo wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

FAUMUINA
woooooooooooooooooo wwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
woooohooooo !!!

imported_bronco

Juniors
The Raiders were so woeful tonight I switched over to the yawnion test between Australia and France. In the first 10 minutes I really thought they'd turned up to give the Bulldogs a real go. The Raiders seemed to think the game was all over after Anastas try. It all comes down to what you've said Legend, theres just no pride in that jersey. Their not a bad team and are capable of winning games but they have no heart and pride in that jersey to bounce back from a couple of tries early on, they'd rather lie down and die.

imported_bronco

Juniors
Faumina is now the Warriors burden. The guy is a dead set moron who obviously puts lubricant on his hands because he can barely hold onto the bloody ball. Hes been dropped down to Bartercard a couple of times this year and mainly sits on the bench. I bet the raiders are really kicking themselves they let that poor excuse for a footballer go.

E

Edwahu

Yes we got slaughtered but its to be expected occasionallywith the huge gulf in talent between a side like ours and the bottom teams.

Its got nothing to do with pride, just skill. The Dogs play the balls where the quickest of any side I have seen by a mile and the quality of the platform they set was awesome. A bit of bad discipline and some tough calls cost us any possesion in the first 30 and the Dogs rolled over the top of our physicallyoverwhelmed side. After that period we didnt have any juice left to get a roll on.

Allan Tongue could be taking home his jersey and worshipping it at an altar but its not going to give him the miraculous strength to make a dominant tackle or the abillity to avoid playing like a headless chicken. Michael Robertson could love the club with every ounce of strength but its not going to add 10 kgs to his frame overnight so his competitive bringing the ball back.

Things will get better. Previous management and coaching regimes have left us with 6 quality first graders, another 5 or 6 who are developing or can usually cut it and the rest that simply are not up to it.

Unfortunately Matt Elliot cant do alot at the moment. The dead wood like Jamal Lolesi, Allan Tongue, Odel Manuel, Greg Woolfgram, Darren Porter and Darren Mapp will not be at the club next year but untill that happens and we have the guys to replace them there isnt alot Elliot can do.

Matt Elliot wants to sign 4 quality first graders and 4 quality juniors from other clubs. If he can do that, which I admit will be very tough,and also add a few promising youngsters coming throughour ownranks, things will get better sooner rather then later.

E

Edwahu

"Yes we got slaughtered but its to be expected occasionallywith the huge gulf in talent between a side like ours and the bottom teams."

Obvioulsy that was meant to be : "the gap in talentbetween a side like ours and the top teams."

O

ozbash

LOL, and you thought I was an uneducated country hick, didnt you Mutley ?

bronco, faumuina is a talent waiting to be developed. ruebin wiki was very similar to beatrice's skill level when he was the same age.
give the young guy the start he needs and he,ll be a world beater.
plus, i think he has a cuz in windy, so that sghould make you feel better about him......

imported_bronco

Juniors
Time will tell with Faumina but at the moment he doesn't bring much to a football side other than a few extra digits in the handling errors column. The comment still stands that currently the Raiders won't be dissapointed they let the guy go.

MEMO BULLDOGS: f**k THE SHOWGROUNDS OFF

Sorry about the big font, i just hate the joint sooo much, and the same goes for all the other dogs fans. The crowds are truly embarrasing at the moment
emcry.gif

Moffo.

ex-Dog

Juniors
Legend, to Canberra's credit, they played fairly well. They were simply annhilated by one of the best football sides you'll see in years. Watch out Parra(don't)matta, you're about to be steamrolled.

Here come the Bulldogs
The mighty mighty Bulldogs.....

Cheers all,
Dog

D

dubby

Just hard to take at the moment, champion play one minute, dud the next.

I though tsome of these guys had potential, but i'm wrong. Tongue looked alright in the past, Payten doesn't look interested and we lack good leadership and direction.

HELP THE RAIDERS

L

legend

I thought this would be a fitting thread just to show everyone how much I wanted Finch out of the Raiders. He proved me 100% correct with todays crap performance against the Dragons. He made three crucial errors in the second half and I thought Stuart was a better judge of talent. Obviously not. Without Fittler, the Roosters will be back in the doldrums for another 27 years.

The Roosters will not win the premiership with Finch at half. The guy is brain dead and his bucked teeth do nothing to enhance his profile and his hygiene is awful, or so i'm told.
emdgust.gif

E

Edwahu

When I saw this topic I thought I was going to see some embarrasing extremebagging I gave the side last year but it wasnt to bad.

If Ididnt know betterid almost bestarting to think Finchy really is just crap and not the poor, hard done by,misunderstood superstar in waiting that we hear about every week in the paper.
emsad.gif

Thank god we ended up with a real halfback, even if he was a hooker when we signed him.

E

Edwahu

I didnt watchit but was there another ode to Finchy on the footy show today? I wonder how many of them Gus wrote into the budgie's contract?.

Latest posts