What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Firkin Fantasy Football?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Room for one more. BalmainBenny has been AWOL since day #1. Anybody keen for a late inclusion?

Ozzy

First Grade
I just popped in to see what happened with the Mafia game and saw this thread. I won't join as there is a heavy work load but if the next one to join wants an idea, they can name the team the Middle East Bombers. They can play out of Cairo Unity Stadium and have a promotional motto of: "Come watch us play. You'll get a bang out of our team".

Bazal

Post Whore
Lets go with South Canberra Knights, after my long since merged junior side!

MsAnneThrope

Juniors
Fantasy football? I'll be from Coffs Harbour and you be a NRL player, missy!

Or I can be Hoppa if that is what your into

Misanthrope

Staff member
Currently looking for a few new coaches for this if you're keen.

You'd be free to either take over an existing team (renaming it and drafting for them) or start from scratch with draft priority.

A lot of the FFB lads can vouch for this being a fun game, and not taking a whole lot of time to play.

Unless you're me, in which case it takes lots of time.

Reply/PM if you're keen.

Titanic

First Grade
The Barking Sphincters playing out of YaMumsBum Ovoid, Jiangning are go ... with the strategy: you put your left foot in, you take your left foot out, you put your left foot in and shake it all about...........

Where and when does this all happen? How much are match payments? What are the rules? Is there a judiciary? Are shoulder charges allowed? Can we contest the scrums? How about snotting people? And what does it all mean?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Might have to read it a few times. didn't absorb any of it lol

Feel free to ask any questions in here or in the thread afs linked you to. Happy to answer any you send my way via PM.

Basically, you get a squad of players and we have a draft to fill out your squad.

Once that's done, each week you look at your form guide (a list of your players, their positions, their ratings in a few key places, their injuries, and their form) and you try to choose strategies that maximize your strengths while neutralizing those of your opponent.

As AFS says, in many ways it's throwing shit against the wall to see if it sticks. You may luck out and find what works for your side right off the bat, or you may spend some time trying to get them to click.

We use a basic sim to generate scores, so there's no bias (hence my being able to both play and run the game) and each week you'll get an updated list of your players with any injuries etc they might have picked up.

Latest posts