What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First 6 rounds - off to a good start

Clifferd

Coach
Was a bit bored so had a look at our draw and what sticks out to me most is our first 6 games

Round 1 v Souffs - has all the hype for a blockbuster with the old Tigers warhorse at battle with his old club. As of late we have the wood over them but you never know at the start of a new season. I'll tip us just

Round 2 v Penrith - at home against a team tipped to be right up there abouts, could be a pretty entertaining game with both teams having a lot of youth. I'll tip us to go 2/2 only because it's at home

Round 3 v Canberra - Gio Stadium. If we have turned any sort of corner we won't get pumped by 50 this time lol. Still don't expect us to win but a competitive game would be nice

Round 4 v Cowboys - 1300 Smiles Stadium. Another very tough encounter being up there in humid conditions no doubt but I think the wheels are starting to fall of the Cows abit. Probably another close loss

Round 5 v Dragons - ANZ Stadium. Probably our easiest game of the 1st 6 games so far but no team is easy beats especially this early in the season. I'll tip us in a convincing win

Round 6 v Melbourne - Leichhardt Oval. These sorts of games always bring out the best in our young guys and I can see more of the same, the big 3 or 4 from Melbourne aren't getting any younger either. I'll tip us in a 18-12 score line or something

Realistically for a strong start we definitely need to win our home games and win either against Souths, Canberra and Cowboys

Of course it'd be nice to win all 6 but looking at it realistically 4 wins 2 losses with that draw would be nice and a little indication of how we'll fair this season

Tiger05

First Grade
It looks a pretty freaken tough draw. There aren't though many dud teams in the comp. We just need to put it together.

Clifferd

Coach
Toughest draw out of any team I'd assume. Playing 3/4 of the preliminary finalists finals from last year, a competition favourite and 2 teams looking to avenge their average seasons from last year

Think the following 4 weeks we have Parra and Brisbane in there too

Tiger Ted

Bench
Extremely tough opening 6 rounds.

I'll happily take 3 wins & a gargantuan improvement against raiders @ gio !

However I have a strong feeling due to our inability to guts out tough games,lack of noted goal kicker & pissweak defence when under pressure we will b languishing @ bottom of table & Taylor's days as the coach will b numbered.

Clifferd

Coach
Extremely tough opening 6 rounds.

I'll happily take 3 wins & a gargantuan improvement against raiders @ gio !

However I have a strong feeling due to our inability to guts out tough games,lack of noted goal kicker & pissweak defence when under pressure we will b languishing @ bottom of table & Taylor's days as the coach will b numbered.

That draw is definitely for the mentally strong and not the mentally weak and unfortunately we fall under the latter haha.

Atleast if we come away with only say 1 win out of that lot a constellation prize would be seeing JT under a heap of pressure

BrotherJim05

Bench
We usually start the season well so I'm hoping we get a few good wins at the start rather than falling apart mid season like we do..

super_coach

First Grade
Killer draw, but if your going to play the good teams , the best time to play them is early in the season as most games are a toss of the coin for the first 6 weeks.

I guess if you were a bookie you would have us one from six, I say two from six and at very very best 3 from six, and if we got three from six I would be over the moon.

I don't want to sound like JT but I think it is very important how we compete against the better sides and we can afford any blow outs like last year

Vic Mackey

Referee
Was a bit bored so had a look at our draw and what sticks out to me most is our first 6 games

Round 1 v Souffs - has all the hype for a blockbuster with the old Tigers warhorse at battle with his old club. As of late we have the wood over them but you never know at the start of a new season. I'll tip us just

Round 2 v Penrith - at home against a team tipped to be right up there abouts, could be a pretty entertaining game with both teams having a lot of youth. I'll tip us to go 2/2 only because it's at home

Round 3 v Canberra - Gio Stadium. If we have turned any sort of corner we won't get pumped by 50 this time lol. Still don't expect us to win but a competitive game would be nice

Round 4 v Cowboys - 1300 Smiles Stadium. Another very tough encounter being up there in humid conditions no doubt but I think the wheels are starting to fall of the Cows abit. Probably another close loss

Round 5 v Dragons - ANZ Stadium. Probably our easiest game of the 1st 6 games so far but no team is easy beats especially this early in the season. I'll tip us in a convincing win

Round 6 v Melbourne - Leichhardt Oval. These sorts of games always bring out the best in our young guys and I can see more of the same, the big 3 or 4 from Melbourne aren't getting any younger either. I'll tip us in a 18-12 score line or something

Realistically for a strong start we definitely need to win our home games and win either against Souths, Canberra and Cowboys

Of course it'd be nice to win all 6 but looking at it realistically 4 wins 2 losses with that draw would be nice and a little indication of how we'll fair this season

looks a real tough draw for mine. if we can win 4 id be stoked but even 3 would be a good result. we really cant start this year poorly, going 1 or 2 from the first 6 will be a disasture. every year we are chasing points and needing 6 from 7 to make the 8 etc. the clubs put everything into this year and we need a positive start.

souths we should win if we get through tonights trial unscathed. not having either half play a trial worries me but not much we can do. penrith is an each way bet for mine, they're a very strong team but we have a good record against them at campbelltown. cant see us beating the raiders whereas we're the cowboys bogey team so will be in with a shot. the next two games are very winnable.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
We'll go 5 from 6 and they'll sign up JT and the Big 4 to long-term super expensive deals and then we'll implode.

simmo05

Bench
Who are you kidding, we will make the dragons attack look like the tigers in 05. If we are going ok at that point they will pump us

Rabbits20

Immortal
Toughest draw out of any team I'd assume. Playing 3/4 of the preliminary finalists finals from last year, a competition favourite and 2 teams looking to avenge their average seasons from last year

Think the following 4 weeks we have Parra and Brisbane in there too
NRL rated our draw the toughest out of anyone.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I meant first 6 rounds.

Checked Souffs first 6 and you guys have...Manly, Roosters and Newcastle

Yeah..."tough"

Next.

i remember last year when souths beat the teams that came 15th and 16th in the first 2 rounds and were alreading planning their Premiership celebrations.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I meant first 6 rounds.

Checked Souffs first 6 and you guys have...Manly, Roosters and Newcastle

Yeah..."tough"

Next.
Round 5 Cowboys
Round 6 Panthers
Round 7 Bulldogs
Round 8 Brisbane

Etc........

5 five day turn arounds. No byes when missing our origin players.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Round 5 Cowboys
Round 6 Panthers
Round 7 Bulldogs
Round 8 Brisbane

Etc........

5 five day turn arounds. No byes when missing our origin players.

lol you play the roosters, titans and eels before origin. youll be missing 1 or at a max 2 players. in all liklihood they'll be missing more then you. that part of the draw favours you

Rabbits20

Immortal
i know you would have, you would have enjoyed it more then any souths victory.

ive asked you this many times and you always ignore it, before you met alien did you hate the tigers?
Oh I loved it.

I didn't like the Tigers before then.

Rabbits20

Immortal
lol you play the roosters, titans and eels before origin. youll be missing 1 or at a max 2 players. in all liklihood they'll be missing more then you. that part of the draw favours you
Roosters, Titans and Eels with no GI, Farah and possibly AR could very well equal 3 losses.

NRL management are boneheads.

2-3 five day turnarounds after interstate matches doesn't favour us.

You can check on the NRL site if you like. They have rated our draw the toughest. I say bring it on!!!!!!

Latest posts