What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Final

Crowd was officially 21000, they must have counted everyone twice.

I hear the Sharks Cowboys game has only sold 4000 tickets.

The Rugby League Commission was quoted as saying "Rugby League is alive and well, nothing to see here, move along"

Drakon

Juniors
I watched the first half and actually enjoyed the game. It was fast and swung each way. I recorded the second half and watched it on fast forward so can't comment too much on that but the come back by the Broncos made it interesting.

Didn't see much that will trouble the Storm.

thebigredv

First Grade
The game was enjoyable. The crowd and atmosphere did not suggest it was a final. Switch over to AFL and 95 000+ supporters.

Moral of the story, stop the refs killing off the Dragons and you'll get a finals decent crowd.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
The game itself was ok but the lack of crowd attendance probably detracted from it as a spectacle.....to be honest I think we have so much football played these days The 7s , pre season, the comp, Kiwi Tests ,Tri nations ,World Cup , Club Challenge etc and Footy programmes on TV...Footy Show , NRL 360 3 Nights a week, Sterlo on The Coach, League Life, Monday Night with Matty Johns etc etc its saturation overload for some people ....even though some fans cant get enough others prefer to do or watch something else...in particular when their teams not involved....just my opinion

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Thoroughly enjoyed it. Both teams capable of moving it from one end of the field to the other and creating scoring opportunities. It wasn't error free football, but it was fun to watch.

Dragons couldn't match it with either of these teams in attack. We'd be doing the one out runs up the middle, and that's about it.

hazzbeen

Bench
I actually thought it was a great game! The speed and intensity was top notch.And it just reinforced to me that we are not in the same league as these teams yet. Both those teams would have belted us last night
Mate thought exactly the same thing , by the time the team would have thought about what to do they would have been 30 down ... Not anywhere near these sides , when you get beaten by sides below you , got no chance .....

Crush

Coach
Thoroughly enjoyed it. Both teams capable of moving it from one end of the field to the other and creating scoring opportunities. It wasn't error free football, but it was fun to watch.

Dragons couldn't match it with either of these teams in attack. We'd be doing the one out runs up the middle, and that's about it.
I completely agree johnno, those teams last night play such a quick exciting game. They run angles and move the ball to their backs with lightning speed.
Dragons just hit it up the middle for 5. Usually Nene takes the first from dummy half, then maybe nighty takes one up. Then vaughan, JDB. Then throw it out to widdop who boots it down the fullbacks throat......

SEAT 1A

Bench
Enjoyed watching a close game. Darius turned out to be a massive loss for BNE. Drooled over Ben Hunt's try, not as hooker though.

Benji was Benji, some great stuff the kick when Oates scored then dropping 2 balls.

Thought Pearce did nothing again. Keary played all over him.

hazzbeen

Bench
Enjoyed watching a close game. Darius turned out to be a massive loss for BNE. Drooled over Ben Hunt's try, not as hooker though.

Benji was Benji, some great stuff the kick when Oates scored then dropping 2 balls.

Thought Pearce did nothing again. Keary played all over him.
Keary is a class act , sorry we did not get him at the time he was shopped around . As for Pearce , just doesn't come up to scratch in big games .....

Dragons 09

Juniors
Did anyone think the first final of 2017 didn't even feel like it was a final?

The game lacked skill, atmosphere, it was boring and it felt like an normal Friday night footy game.

The Donkey's lost a Finals game, Roberts got bitched slapped by Mitchell, Thaiday and Blair got exposed for being the over rated cats that they are and not once did i curl up in the foetal position and try to gently rock myself to sleep just so i could escape the reality that McGregor is our coach...............i actually had a smile on my face while watching footy, been a long time since that has happened!

Qdf

Juniors
Did anyone think the first final of 2017 didn't even feel like it was a final?

The game lacked skill, atmosphere, it was boring and it felt like an normal Friday night footy game.
Yes i did, no atmosphere what so ever.
But again the Refereeing was atrocious. They decided to let the Broncos back into the game.
You have to keep it close ,after all its not about,may the best team win. It's about the NRL getting it right for the TV rattings..