What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First record / CD / Tape (whatever) you ever bought??

Southernsaint

Staff member
Mine was Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet.

Do you remember when Richard Wilkins used to host MTV on Channel Nein in the mid-to-late 80's for half an hour or so?? I saw the video of Livin' On A Prayer & was hooked, nagged my Mum until it was close to my birthday & managed to get the cassette (!!) from Target at Rockdale...

New Jersey was a let-down, though...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Anonymous

Juniors
First tape I ever owned as a copy of Bob Marley - Legend.

First CD I ever owned was Presidents of the United States of America - II. Those guys were all the rage back in year 6, they still go alright today. Have some catchy tunes.

I got 3 diverse tapes around the same time, probably with a stereo I guess: Skid Row by Skid Row, Blue Sky Mining by Midnight Oil, and Jive Bunny and the Mastermixers. :lol:

xXSANDYXx

Bench
Now 34, cant remember the year though, 1996 i think. It was a complication tape and it had wannabe and Mysterious Girl on it!!! :lol: and Macarena and Ooh.. ahh just a little bit and Born Slippy....... the memories!!!!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Slippery when wet, i was only 6 years old but i feel in love with it, the funny thing is when i was 11....me & my mates where massive Bon Jovi fans.....we where so young though.

My first OZ album i brought was 10 2 1 by Midnight Oil.

choc_soldier

Coach
xXSANDYXx said:
*points and laughs at parra_panther* whos Eldorado?

That was the name of the album, the band was Electric Light Orchestra. They were big in the 70's... not that I'm that old... my aunt had a couple of their records, and I loved their music, so I went out and bought out one of their tapes, for about $12... this was back in the late 80's. I think it was about a month's pocket money at that time.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
My Sentimental Friend - Herman's Hermits

:lol:

you old fart

(now dont laugh at me)

it was a single by the Hollies I think, early 60s, forget the name of it.

Had to save up for about a month to buy it.

Australian celebration was the first cd i ever got back in like 1990... Had singers such as peter andre on it :lol:

sydraider

First Grade
KISS double platinum
Got it when i was 8 yrs old, changed my life LONG LIVE ROCK AND ROLL :twisted:

Latest posts