What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitzy HAS to go (sorry Fitzy lovers)

simon says

First Grade
You have been saying it for months and I agree mate.....but I dont blame the other 12 blokes on the field for not running off him.Why would they bother wasting energy.They all know the chance of him passing is ZERO........

Benji and Prince are our halves,I just hope they are nothfit for next week.I cant take no Benji any longer.....

Im not expecting much,just a step and a bit of spark.....which we are sadly lacking atm.

ozcrusader

Bench
Daniel Fitzhenry is the best defensive weapon...for the opposition.

He stops our attack dead in its tracks whenever he gets the ball - Ive never seen anything like it. The only person he manages to sidestep is himself.

There is no point Daniel, trying to put on a step when you are 15 metres away from the defensive line and have two unmarked players outside you.

Benji HAS to go straight into the halves when he comes back - we really lack spark in this department.

Snide the Tiger

Juniors
Will some of you people stop generalising about player's entire f**king careers based on single performances?????

Fitzy has won and lost games for us!!!

He is a first grader on talent and attitude - but he is being overburdened with consistent positional switches and being used out of position!!

Unless our f**king pansy-arsed forwards can muscle up and break the line - all our backs will continue to struggle!!!

Unlike some of you - I watch every game at least three times - and the litany of abuse that occurs against individuals on this forum based on a single game - when they may well have been heroes the week before makes you all seem like the most fickle of fools!!!!

Some of the blokes who are getting written off would be f**king champions in the right club!!!

braz

Juniors
snide agree 100%.

i notice goanget didn't mention fitzy after the penrith game as he had a good game and set up a try.

a loss the next week and he is back on his soapbox.

name another first grader who has played hooker, half, 5/8th, centre, wing, fullback and bench in the last 2 years at NRL level.

magpiemax

Juniors
Snide,You watch the game 3 times ??That does'nt leave much time for anything else in your life, does it now?? Did it ever occur to you that the rest of us only need to see it once to understand what's happened! LOL .
But anyway I agree with what you say and yes the forward's did strongly resemble what looked to be soft c*ck's.
Now in regards to what 'Braz'said "name another first grader who has played hooker, half, 5/8th, centre, wing, fullback and bench in the last 2 years at NRL level". I think there was a bloke named Craig Wing that rings a bell! ;-)

TIGERS_4_LIFE

Juniors
So fitzy has set up 1 try in 9 games!
nice strike rate :roll:

Whats the bet he scores 2 this week with Benji feeding him the ball??

braz

Juniors
magpiemax said:
Snide,You watch the game 3 times ??That does'nt leave much time for anything else in your life, does it now?? Did it ever occur to you that the rest of us only need to see it once to understand what's happened! LOL .
But anyway I agree with what you say and yes the forward's did strongly resemble what looked to be soft c*ck's.
Now in regards to what 'Braz'said "name another first grader who has played hooker, half, 5/8th, centre, wing, fullback and bench in the last 2 years at NRL level". I think there was a bloke named Craig Wing that rings a bell! ;-)

when did craig wing play fullback??

point is fitzy has filled in a shitload of positions as requested of him by his team and coach.

to claim he is not a first grader when he has covered so many spots is bullshit...

Kid

Juniors
Snide the Tiger said:
Will some of you people stop generalising about player's entire f**king careers based on single performances?????

Fitzy has won and lost games for us!!!

He is a first grader on talent and attitude - but he is being overburdened with consistent positional switches and being used out of position!!

Unless our f**king pansy-arsed forwards can muscle up and break the line - all our backs will continue to struggle!!!

Unlike some of you - I watch every game at least three times - and the litany of abuse that occurs against individuals on this forum based on a single game - when they may well have been heroes the week before makes you all seem like the most fickle of fools!!!!

Some of the blokes who are getting written off would be f**king champions in the right club!!!
Snide, maybe if he had good games consistently in a position, he wouldn't be the one that is used as a utility. I like Fitzy, i really do, but i want the team i support to win, and i believe while he is in the halves, or even the centres (seen as though he has so much trouble in defence) that - 1: he stifles our attack and 2-: he is friggin hopeless in tackling 1 on 1. How many 1st grade games has Fitzy played now? How old is he? He isn't no kid who has been thrown in at the deep end. Hes an experienced 1st grader that fails to perform to 1st grade standard week in week out. It amazes me that Ben Reynolds had 3 (starting) 1st grade games with this club, and some hypocrites called for his head, yet will allow Fitzy to perform poorly consistantly and allow him to stay in 1st grade.

Even with this incosistency, i believe he goes well when he gets the opportunity off the bench to play hooker, and would have no problem with him staying there. To suggest that Fitzy would be a star in any backline at any other club is ridiculous. Further to that, if he was at a dominant club, he wouldn't get a go at all, unless it was in the hooking position.

holla4amarshall

Juniors
every player defends different the way they move in or out of the line and with so many changes were doing pretty good as a team
if fitz stays in the centres for a few games with super boot he'll go alright in defence i'm pretty sure
i could think of plenty worse
tigers 0 roosters 22
raiders 0 roosters 22
if we go off stats it'll be a 0-0 draw in attack kick a field goal in the 3rd minute and we'll be sweet

simon says

First Grade
innsaneink said:
Simonthe tiger? said:
Benji and Prince will be our halves.......

When?
You sound confident....
Did you send Sheens some sensible pills?
I reckon tomorrow we'll see "6/ D. Fitzhenry"

Sorry mate,I got a hotline to the big feller himself.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bonstonker

Juniors
Snide the Tiger said:
Unlike some of you - I watch every game at least three times

that means you watched the tigers lose 51 times last year and 15 times this year.
no wonder you have serious problems. :lol: :p :shock:

Snide the Tiger

Juniors
Now you can all understand why I am as bitter & twisted as I am!!

But I can assure you it takes multiple viewings to pick up all the nuances of players performances!!

innsaneink

Referee
simon says said:
innsaneink said:
Simonthe tiger? said:
Benji and Prince will be our halves.......

When?
You sound confident....
Did you send Sheens some sensible pills?
I reckon tomorrow we'll see "6/ D. Fitzhenry"

Sorry mate,I got a hotline to the big feller himself.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hahaha :lol: :lol: ..Oh yes, I can see that......... :lol:
simon says said:
And great also about Luke,good to hear he has kept up his great form,although I doubt he will get the call up,even though I think he is by far our best option for wing....anyway,what do I know.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
*bump*

last post May 12, 2005.

Fitzy hate has been going on a while lol

b.bear

Juniors
how do you find room for him with daniela finding form after finally getting a run and with ayshford , mckinnon ,taumata ,brown also waiting in the wings where's the room for him .....I think he should savor the next few weeks because the curtain is slowly but surely lowering down on his NRL playing days.

Borat.

Juniors
how do you find room for him with daniela finding form after finally getting a run and with ayshford , mckinnon ,taumata ,brown also waiting in the wings where's the room for him .....I think he should savor the next few weeks because the curtain is slowly but surely lowering down on his NRL playing days.

I can't find a spot for him without Blake coming back and Daniela finding form- all I'm saying was he had a faultless game last night- not brilliant, not great but good and he deserves a pat on the back.....anyone who says he was hopeless last night are kidding themselves...

Das Hassler

Bench
Some interesting comments from Andrew Johns (Premiership winning captain...S.O.O. series winning captain...Australian captain...arguably the greatest half of the modern era etc etc)..he may not be the best on TV but there wouldn't be many (if any) who could read a game better than him..(he's PROVED that many times over)..his opinion of Fitzy is that every team needs a player like him (i know..then let him go to another team etc etc blah blah blah).."a team player who fills in wherever he's asked without complaint". Either Andrew Johns knows a little more about the game and what makes a player than the highly credentialed roosters here or he knows absolutely nothing as the roosters seem to think the complete opposite. Another interesting comment.."the fans that bleat the loudest know the least about the game"...that seems about right

Some interesting comments from Andrew Johns (Premiership winning captain...S.O.O. series winning captain...Australian captain...arguably the greatest half of the modern era etc etc)..he may not be the best on TV but there wouldn't be many (if any) who could read a game better than him..(he's PROVED that many times over)..his opinion of Fitzy is that every team needs a player like him (i know..then let him go to another team etc etc blah blah blah).."a team player who fills in wherever he's asked without complaint". Either Andrew Johns knows a little more about the game and what makes a player than the highly credentialed roosters here or he knows absolutely nothing as the roosters seem to think the complete opposite. Another interesting comment.."the fans that bleat the loudest know the least about the game"...that seems about right

Its probably the same fans that said JMo wasnt a halfback, even though the current Australian coach had him at 7 for 2 years. Look how wrong they turned out to be. :?