What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitzy Now Fullback?

Direct

Juniors
I'd take Fergo too. In fact there are plenty of blokes on the Sharks roster who'd look good in a Tigers jersey, particularly Luke Douglas and Kade Snowden. But as for Wade McKinnon, I'd take Wes Naiqama before him.

crouching_tiger

Juniors
Fitzy has been the best performer at fullback for WT this season. He single handedly stopped Newcastle last night from defeating the Tigers from their fifth consecutive loss with his great trysavers and bomb diffusals. He has put the club back on track for a finals berth.

jasonl

Juniors
Some of the blokes over in the Sharks forum are saying they'd welcome him into their side.

Hmm, probably quite a lot of heavy drinking going on in the Shire at the moment.

Still, like someone else said, I'd swap him for Covell tomorrow.

If you're gonna have a dud winger at least get one that can kick -eg- Halligan.

crouching_tiger

Juniors
:lol:

Not mine CT. I don't deal in multis.

Not so silent Bob
user_offline.gif

Juniors
rank0.gif

How was he in the other 10 games we played this year Tim?

He was crap, that's what he was.

He is a dead average player who was bound to get it right once this year. If he plays that well for the rest of the year I'll happily stop cringing each time his name is on the team sheet each Tuesday.

As for the "real fans" crack, don't forget that we pay your salary and for what you've dished up in the past 5 seasons, you should be handing most of it back.

by hybrid_tiger » Sat 22 May, 2010 3:00 pm

This isn't the first time he's done it, he also said it about Morris last year, that one was a nice jab at the fans as he started his now annual September holiday. To have a coach come out and accuse your own supporters of not being real fans is just pathetic.

It just shows how completely out of touch he is with the people that actually matter and just proves how arrogant and pig headed the man is.

How was Fitzhenry in the other 10 games we played this year Tim? He was crap, that's what he was. One game that he isn't crap in and he comes out with that utter garbage of an article. Why wasn't that written after the Roosters game if Tim was so concerned about peoples comments on an Internet forum?

Anyway, if Fitzhenry plays like he did in the second half for the rest of the year I'll happily stop cringing each time his name is on the team sheet each Tuesday.

But perhaps Tim should be reminded that the supporters who buy memberships, spend money on merchandise and even those that pay for their tickets at the gate effectively pay his salary and for what he has dished up in the past five years he should be handing most of it back.

Das Hassler

Bench
"To have a coach come out and accuse your own supporters of not being real fans is just pathetic."

He's not accusing the supporters of anything..he's talking about the idiots.. morons and foghorns who crap on like 13 year old's and go on and on about how they payeverybody's wages...handily forgetting the contribution of the other 99% of supporters who don't carry on like pre-pubescent school girls...you tossers are just that..tossers
Also..it's got nothing to do with defending Fitzy..he's a big boy..i'll tell you this..i HOPE Fitzy gets selected every game for the next 5 years and drops every ball that comes to him so that at least one of you roosters has a f**kin brain heomerage..at least it would have proved you have a f**kin brain...blah blah blah

jasonl

Juniors
"To have a coach come out and accuse your own supporters of not being real fans is just pathetic."

He's not accusing the supporters of anything..he's talking about the idiots.. morons and foghorns who crap on like 13 year old's and go on and on about how they payeverybody's wages...handily forgetting the contribution of the other 99% of supporters who don't carry on like pre-pubescent school girls...you tossers are just that..tossers
Also..it's got nothing to do with defending Fitzy..he's a big boy..i'll tell you this..i HOPE Fitzy gets selected every game for the next 5 years and drops every ball that comes to him so that at least one of you roosters has a f**kin brain heomerage..at least it would have proved you have a f**kin brain...blah blah blah

Wonderful standard of discourse on this board.

Im slightly flattered (in a totally non-sexual way) that I was copied but I only have one nic here.

There are two in my household though, Hybrid isn't the other one...

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Keep digging CT, I regularly grab thoughts on here that I agree with and post on the official board.

Feel free to check the IP addresses and you'll see there is no match. While you're at it perhaps you can tell me what year Ruben Wiki and Todd Carney signed with us??

So now we have do defend Fitzy after he had his best performance in years and his first passable first grade one....

You can't critisize this performance, but you can't say he's not a deadsh*t either following this. He's still easily the worst player at the club.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
MU he was very good tonight, solid, better than Ryan.
As you can see in my post, I didn't criticise his performance.

My post is more critical of the coach who is trying to accommodate Fitzhenry in the top side as much as possible, but did what he could to keep Lazarus unsettled and unable to play a good game, by moving him around all the time during games.

And there's nothing to say Fitzy is any better or any worse than Lazarus.

Furthermore, 1 good match doesn't right all his wrongs from the previous 7 games.

He's an ordinary player. He has 1 decent game for every 10 sh*t ones.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not so silent Bob
user_offline.gif

Juniors
rank0.gif

How was he in the other 10 games we played this year Tim?

He was crap, that's what he was.

He is a dead average player who was bound to get it right once this year. If he plays that well for the rest of the year I'll happily stop cringing each time his name is on the team sheet each Tuesday.

As for the "real fans" crack, don't forget that we pay your salary and for what you've dished up in the past 5 seasons, you should be handing most of it back.

by hybrid_tiger » Sat 22 May, 2010 3:00 pm

This isn't the first time he's done it, he also said it about Morris last year, that one was a nice jab at the fans as he started his now annual September holiday. To have a coach come out and accuse your own supporters of not being real fans is just pathetic.

It just shows how completely out of touch he is with the people that actually matter and just proves how arrogant and pig headed the man is.

How was Fitzhenry in the other 10 games we played this year Tim? He was crap, that's what he was. One game that he isn't crap in and he comes out with that utter garbage of an article. Why wasn't that written after the Roosters game if Tim was so concerned about peoples comments on an Internet forum?

Anyway, if Fitzhenry plays like he did in the second half for the rest of the year I'll happily stop cringing each time his name is on the team sheet each Tuesday.

But perhaps Tim should be reminded that the supporters who buy memberships, spend money on merchandise and even those that pay for their tickets at the gate effectively pay his salary and for what he has dished up in the past five years he should be handing most of it back.

barking up the wrong tree.

I know who Not So Silent Bob is and I also know he has no aliases.

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
Beau for FB.

He puts his body on the line. He won't get dominated in tackles like Fitzy does. Better defender.

super_coach

First Grade
Cant wait till we start playing some contenders and see how Fitzy goes at the back. I shudder to think of what could happen. Mighty Mouse got exposed a few times one on one at the back but at least he had blistering speed. Iam afraid in 2010, Fitzy's a one trick pony--the old dart from dummy half!! Anyway get used to it, if its not the no1 jumper it will be a wingers jumper. To all the guys running around in the lower grades with aspirations to play no1 or even on the wing--looks elsewhere

Iafeta

Referee
The club was approached by McKinnon’s manager Alan Gainey this week seeking a release from his contract which was due to end after the 2011 NRL season.
Vodafone Warriors chief executive Wayne Scurrah said McKinnon (29) wanted to leave immediately to take up a new contract with Wests Tigers.
“We were committed to Wade staying with us for the rest of his contract but he wants to play first-grade football regularly and recently he hasn’t been able to do that here with Lance Hohaia firmly established at fullback in our NRL side,” said Scurrah.
“Wade has made a great contribution to the club since joining us for the 2007 season and we appreciate the effort he has put in.
“But given the request for the release, the fact he hasn’t been playing for the Vodafone Warriors recently and the opportunity he has with Wests Tigers, we have agreed to give him the opportunity to move on earlier than planned.
“Everyone at the club wishes him all the best for the future.”
Scurrah added that while McKinnon was now free to link up with Wests Tigers on the basis he wouldn’t be considered to play for his new club against the Vodafone Warriors in this Friday night’s 12th-round NRL clash at Campbelltown Sports Stadium.
McKinnon has played 54 NRL matches for the Vodafone Warriors, having missed most of the 2008 season with a serious knee injury.
“It’s sad leaving. I’ve loved my time here with the players, the staff and also living in Auckland but I have a real desire to play a lot more first-grade football,” he said.
“I’m really thankful to the Vodafone Warriors for everything they’ve done for me and wish the club all the best for the future. I’ll still be taking an interest in what’s happening here.”
Vodafone Warriors coach Ivan Cleary said McKinnon would always hold a special place in the club’s history.
“His form when he first arrived in 2007 was exceptional and I can honestly say I haven’t seen a better try live at a ground than the one Wade scored against Penrith that year. It was unbelievable,” he said.
“The thing about Wade is that he always gave you everything he had when he played. I hope everything turns out well for him in the future.”
McKinnon had now played a total of 131 NRL matches, the first 77 for Parramatta (2004-06) and South Sydney (2002-03). He has scored 40 tries, 16 of them for the Vodafone Warriors.

http://www.warriors.co.nz/news/609/McKinnon-granted-release-from-contract

Latest posts