What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Floridian Down Under

zacshaul

Juniors
haha. yes the aussies sure live in their own world down here. And i actually went to the titans, warriors game on sunday, at skilled park stadium. the stadium was super nice and alot like an nfl stadium except much smaller. the crowd was only around 16000, and alot of seats were empty but it was absolutly wonderful to watch the game.

clarency

Juniors
haha. yes the aussies sure live in their own world down here. And i actually went to the titans, warriors game on sunday, at skilled park stadium. the stadium was super nice and alot like an nfl stadium except much smaller. the crowd was only around 16000, and alot of seats were empty but it was absolutly wonderful to watch the game.

haha yea you'll get used to that. Still hasn't grown to it's full potential but it's getting there.

deluded pom?

Coach
Zac's profile from the Pirates website.

Zac Shaul

730184_1_M.jpg

AKA - Zac

DOB - 16/7/90

Born in - Jupiter, Fl. USA

Position - Front row

Height - 5'11"

Weight - 110kg

Junior Club - Bradenton bulldogz

Other Club -

Representative Teams

When did you start playing football? two years ago

Who is your football hero?

Who has had the biggest influence on your football career? My parents, Steve Towell, and Dane Campbell

Celebrity you would like to meet? - arnold swarzeneggar

Pre-match rituals? - can't say. that'd just be unlucky

What you'd spend your last $20 on - food

Loudest team mate? - Jay Johnson

Most annoying team mate? - not sure

Favourite Movie? - Indiana Jones

Favourite TV Show? - Gilligan's Island

Favourite Band?

Goals for 2010 - To further my knowledge, increase my fitness, and become the best rugby leaguer i can be.

deluded pom?

Coach
And the match report from his debut game.

During Trial
<DIV class=article>

It may have been a trial but the Matrix Noosa Pirates showed plenty of resolve and commitment in downing a very strong Maroochydore Swans by 14 points to 10 at Pirate Park last Saturday night. Played in almost cyclonic conditions both sides showed plenty to their supporters giving confidence of a very good season ahead. The Pirates under new captain coach Dane Campbell paraded many new players before the Pirates faithful and even though they trained for one session last week due to the rain the understanding and commitment to each other was quite evident. Young five eighth Chris Fisher got the scoring under way with a well deserved try in the first half and full back Anthony Zipf converted to give the Pirates a handy 6 points to nil lead. There was no more scoring in the first half and both sides appreciated the half time break after slogging each other for the first 40 minutes in the heavy conditions. Coach Dane Campbell gave his 20 man squad all quality time in the middle and swapped players in positions to add versatility to their game. The Pirates went further ahead in the third quarter when hard working lock Nat King scored out wide and extending the lead to 10 points. The Swans never gave up and after a mountain of possession came back and scored a converted try to shorten the lead by 10 points to 6. The fourth quarter saw some exciting football as both sides tried to exert their authority and when the Swans levelled after a try with 10 minutes to go it would come down to fitness and commitment to decide the game. American import Zac Shaul showed his worth to his new club when he beat a number of defenders to score the match winner out wide. The Swans threw everything at the Pirates in the final minutes but the Pirates held strong and denied the Swans the opportunity to at least level the scores. A very good game by both sides considering the conditions and even though it was a trial both teams treated the match seriously as evident by the sore bodies after the game. Captain coach Dane Campbell was very pleased with the commitment of his players and their ability to work for each other. Dane said that all positions are there to be won and he is very keen to give all players the opportunity to show their worth. Final score: Noosa 14 (Chris Fisher, Nat King, Zac Shaul tries; Anthony Zipf goals) def Maroochydore 10

SEAT 1A

Bench
A belated congratulation's Zac. Hope all goes well for you and enjoy your time in Aus.

deluded pom?

Coach
http://www.noosapirates.leaguenet.com.au/

The Reggies kept the flag flying for the Pirates with a come from behind draw with the Dolphins. Down 14 points to 8 with 2 minutes remaining the Pirates attacked the Dolphins line and a determined run by Mark Cross saw the Pirates score next to the posts. Steve McMichan converted and levelled the scores. A very good and entertaining game with both sides not deserving of losing. Best for the Pirates were Adam Grant, Steve McMichan, Zane Patrick, Daniel Broom, Kieran Wheery, Zac Shaul, Brad Pickup, Mark Cross and Russell Britten.
Final score: Noosa 14 (Daniel Broom 2, Mark Cross tries; Steve McMichan goal ) drew with Kawana 14

zacshaul

Juniors
hey All,
sorry it's been so long since last update. I started the season after the trial games with the reserve grade, but then found myself starting in the A grade squad for two, games, and just played my 3rd straight game with them, and we got our first win tonight against the undeafeted nambour crushers, so it was a great first win for us. It is amazing to watch myself get fitter and fitter as each week goes on, and i'm learning so much about rugby league, i'm trying to absorb as much as i can each practice, and game. I still have a ways to go with knowledge of the game, and fitness, but definitly want to earn that spot on the tomahawks so i will keep workin hard! thanks agian everyone

KiwiStorm

Juniors
Great stuff Zac - thanks for the update, congratulations on your progress in Rugby League, and your first win in A-Grade as well! :thumn

roopy

Referee
hey All,
sorry it's been so long since last update. I started the season after the trial games with the reserve grade, but then found myself starting in the A grade squad for two, games, and just played my 3rd straight game with them, and we got our first win tonight against the undeafeted nambour crushers, so it was a great first win for us. It is amazing to watch myself get fitter and fitter as each week goes on, and i'm learning so much about rugby league, i'm trying to absorb as much as i can each practice, and game. I still have a ways to go with knowledge of the game, and fitness, but definitly want to earn that spot on the tomahawks so i will keep workin hard! thanks agian everyone
That's fantastic.
Kudos to Dane as well.
I'm sure he has been a big help in fast tracking your development.

Latest posts