What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Football Club AGM

The Preacher

First Grade
It's that time of year again. No, not Santa tiime, it's AGM time for the St.George RLFC. It helps me no end having this meet when we do, as it helps to remind me my wife's birthday is around.

NOW, who will be in attendance tonight ?? I know R2k will be there, and Rev.Ted if he can make it, but I was wondering if we have any more from the forum that are footy club members, and are they attending.

Even if you don't have anything to say, you can at least come along and watch me probably get evicted for showing just some of the many of the boards failings. :lol:

WHO'S IN ???

Southernsaint

Staff member
My membership lapsed and, in any case, I think I live a bit far away from Kogarah these days...

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Southernsaint said:
My membership lapsed and, in any case, I think I live a bit far away from Kogarah these days...

Pfft, no excuse.

:sarcasm:

The Preacher

First Grade
Southernsaint said:
Well I haven't seen you at Mulligan's, Slattery's or even, heaven forbid, the Woolshed Baa...

I'm going to Baa's Christnmas party on the 22nd if that counts, SS. ;-)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Preach, you might be interested to know that the club never got back to me re my application. How many months/years has it been?

big pat

Coach
i tried to join on mad monday but was told they had ran out of forms, as did godzilla, a pity i would love to go, and hear what that ass clown has to say.

Southernsaint

Staff member
big pat said:
i tried to join on mad monday but was told they had ran out of forms, as did godzilla, a pity i would love to go, and hear what that ass clown has to say.

"Software not hardware"

"The right shape"

"Concrete cancer"

"Supre (the Fashion Factory) does great fitted blouses for the fuller figured man"

Any of the above, really...

The Preacher

First Grade
Willow said:
Preach, you might be interested to know that the club never got back to me re my application. How many months/years has it been?

Your form would be nearly due for a birthday Willow.

Funny how footy club membership is never advertised.

Also funny that the Taj is $19 a year membership, yet 99% of the others are $5 & $10, and they don't drop their grants to their footy clubs by 2 million, and they're separate f**king boards, not like our incest riddled set-up. :shock:

PS: Did you pay for the membership that day Willow, I can't recall* ?? (*old fart)

big pat

Coach
i take it preach that only footy club members are allowed in tonight, do they have someone at door checking peoples bona fides.

The Preacher

First Grade
big pat said:
i take it preach that only footy club members are allowed in tonight, do they have someone at door checking peoples bona fides.

Yeah mate, they have a "sign-in", "cross off name" table at the entrance to the meeting.

I don't think you have the build to sneak past them BP !! ;-)

big pat

Coach
damn foiled again, anyway preach if you see any forms about can you get me one please.would be much appreciated.

The Preacher

First Grade
Yeah, I'll grab a few, then if anyone requires one, we don't have to go through the same sh1t as you and Willow have.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The Preacher said:
PS: Did you pay for the membership that day Willow, I can't recall* ?? (*old fart)
No, they told me that I would pay following approval.

They either don't tell us when we've knocked back, or they lost the form. I'd say the latter is most likely.

R2K

Bench
Well that was an interesting meeting!

* Plenty of fire on the Kogarah issue from several people. Tonight's meeting confirmed that matches could have been staged at OKI if the Club had been willing to schedule the Kogarah matches in the early part of the season and if the Dragons were not chasing the cash injection from Homebush to attempt to balance the Leagues Club funding cut of over 44% from the previous season.
* The cost of bus fares to Homebush and the general increased costs of attending Telstra Stadium for St.George based supporters. I think the Lady that asked the question shouldn't have had her personal financial circumstances focused on by the individual answering the question.
* Condemnation of the ANZAC Day arrangements by a couple of passionate members including a Digger.
* An address from Danny Robinson on Leagues Club issues. This was made in response to the amount of comment on the Leagues Club funding cut.
* Further questions on Leagues Club issues before the statement was made that it wasn't the correct forum for questions about Leagues Club issues.
* Life membership for Max Ninness
* Questions on why we can't have the JV financial statements
* Statements from Brown that all the players will be very glad to have Sailor on the team. Apparently this is the ultimate compliment for Sailor.
* Confirmation that St.George District players that are too old for the NYC (National Youth Comp) and don't make the Dragons' squad will be sent back to the St.George Junior League. No plans for a St.George Jim Beam Cup side.

Southernsaint

Staff member
R2K said:
Well that was an interesting meeting!

* Plenty of fire on the Kogarah issue from several people. Tonight's meeting confirmed that matches could have been staged at OKI if the Club had been willing to schedule the Kogarah matches in the early part of the season and if the Dragons were not chasing the cash injection from Homebush to attempt to balance the Leagues Club funding cut of over 44% from the previous season.
* The cost of bus fares to Homebush and the general increased costs of attending Telstra Stadium for St.George based supporters. I think the Lady that asked the question shouldn't have had her personal financial circumstances focused on by the individual answering the question.
* Condemnation of the ANZAC Day arrangements by a couple of passionate members including a Digger.
* An address from Danny Robinson on Leagues Club issues. This was made in response to the amount of comment on the Leagues Club funding cut.
* Further questions on Leagues Club issues before the statement was made that it wasn't the correct forum for questions about Leagues Club issues.
* Life membership for Max Ninness
* Questions on why we can't have the JV financial statements
* Statements from Brown that all the players will be very glad to have Sailor on the team. Apparently this is the ultimate compliment for Sailor.
* Confirmation that St.George District players that are too old for the NYC (National Youth Comp) and don't make the Dragons' squad will be sent back to the St.George Junior League. No plans for a St.George Jim Beam Cup side.

Thanks for the info, R2K - another pea-hearted effort from the club it seems.

Most importantly, were the pies hot and the beers cold??

Willow

Assistant Moderator
R2K said:
I think the Lady that asked the question shouldn't have had her personal financial circumstances focused on by the individual answering the question

What's the unabridged version of that?

Thanks for the report R2K.

SGID

First Grade
The lady was going on about having to pay more for the bus fare to Telstra. Everyone else is in the same boat, your either going to have to pay more for the bus or use/pay more for petrol to get to the game.

The response from Doust was along the lines of 'its your choice', which in essence is true, however probably wasnt the best response. Having said that, the lady was getting rather emotional when asking the question.

Latest posts