What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Football Manager 2011

Satsok

Juniors
Just saw this on steam, not out til 6th Nov. but still looks pretty good..

who else will be getting this/addicted around uni exam time? ahaha

NEW FEATURES & IMPROVEMENTS:

• Contract Negotiations – making its debut in Football Manager 2011 is a new live contract negotiation system, with a host of new contract clauses. Learn to deal with different types of agents as you try to secure your next big signing.
  • Re-vamped training system – including more basic training schedules and individual training focus where players can be in trained in 14 different skill areas. Plus, a new match preparation area, where you can get your team to concentrate on special focus areas, and train in specific tactics, in the lead up to a match.
  • Improved Interaction – new board request and backroom advice options as well as a new player interaction module allowing you to have private conversations with your players, including lots of options never seen before, taking interaction to a whole new level.
  • News subscription service – expanded to make the way that news and mail is distributed even more user friendly and immersive. Dozens of additional news items and a new module written to add more intelligence in the news items themselves.
  • Match View – The 3D match view has been massively improved, with over 100 new animations, including new goal celebrations and player emotions, plus improved graphics and lighting including new player models, new stadiums, night matches and much, much more. Not forgetting the improvements to what was already the best match simulation on the market.
  • Dynamic League Reputation – a new feature meaning as teams get stronger and perform better on a continental level, the league they play in will also get stronger, attracting more players to want to play in the league and a more accurate modeling of the changing face of world football.

McLovin

Staff member
I love football manager games. Dynamic League Reputation is interesting. Wonder if you can make the A-League bigger than the EPL...

Ridders

Coach
I still play FM08, can't get into 10 at all. Will give this a shot though.

Had the same experience. Still play FM09. Bought 10 but just couldn't get into it.

Having conversations with your players is an intriguing concept.

Still waiting for them to find a way that you can use your career earnings to buy stuff.

BLKOUT!

Juniors
I think it needs to serve some kind of purpose. Like in real life if Wigan went and picked up Guus Hiddink and paid him 4 mil a season it'd be all over the papers and suddenly the reputation of the club would be increased, they'd be able to attract better players and the expectations of the club raised. Maybe something like that would work. I don't like the idea of being able to spend the money though.

Ridders

Coach
The old EA Sports manager game had this and I don't get why people liked the feature at all.

Well it seems kinda pointless when your barganing your contract to bargain for a higher wage if nothing really comes from it.

I think it needs to serve some kind of purpose. Like in real life if Wigan went and picked up Guus Hiddink and paid him 4 mil a season it'd be all over the papers and suddenly the reputation of the club would be increased, they'd be able to attract better players and the expectations of the club raised. Maybe something like that would work. I don't like the idea of being able to spend the money though.

That's not a bad idea.

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
Because of the amount of info in these games, they are usually 12 months off being a great game. 12 months worth of patches....

Better off buying FM2010 because it would be perfect & cheap. Pick up 2011 when 2012 comes out.

chefman21

Juniors
The dynamic league reputation will really make this game something special if it's done well (along with the rest). It's the one thing that has being missing since the Champ Man days...

hellteam

First Grade
This game is way too detailed for me. I tried, I enjoyed it for a while, but it took me about 2 weeks to play 20 games of a season. How do you guys do it?

Utey

Coach
The demo is fantastic, I'm hooked and have already pre-ordered! Love a challenge and will do the lower league thing all over again.

DB

First Grade
Just ordered it off Playasia. I couldn't resist for $45..... What have I done!!!!

Ausguy

Coach
playasia is so cheap thats crazy....

by the way whats the difference between US and Asia version, excuse the ignorance...

Ausguy

Coach
played the demo... had no idea what to look at... i dont have the time to play a detailed game like this the way id want to...