What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Football Managment Games

DB

First Grade
Id probably wait till 2012.... cause the thing for me is that every version is better than the previous one.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Definitely worth it.

FM brand new is $90, and usually stays that way for at least 6-8 months. From what I've seen, the difference between 11 and 12 will merely be roster updates and maybe some gameplay tweaks. Where as 10 and 11 were quite different from their respective predecessors imo.

I played stupid, ridiculous amounts of FM during the recent Uni holidays. It's beyond shameful.

I bought it on Steam for $40 odd, started with Eintracht Braunschweig who are heavily in debt, have spent the allocated $115k payroll and won't give me a transfer budget while expecting me to get promoted. Good times ahead

Last edited:

Bumble

First Grade
Still playing FM08. Took Southport from the Conference South to Premiership Champions by 2021. I also took over Australia and steered them to third at the 2022 World Cup (which was in Australia) 8)

I've been putting off getting an upgrade for four years now, but I think I'll get 12.

DB

First Grade
Thought after watching Arsenal crumble, I'll give them a go, which I don't think I have ever done. Mind you I still have Fabregas, Nasri and Clichy.
Sold Vermaelen to Man City for 17 mill.
Bought Van Der Wiel (Ajax) 12m
Tasci (Stuggart) 12.5m
Vertonghen (Ajax) 17m
So far:
Vs West Brom- 3-1 (Nasri, Arshavin, Chamakh)
Vs Man Utd - 3-1 (Nasri, Diaby, Wilshere)
vs West Ham 2-2 (Nasri, Wilshere).... Bloody West Ham were down to 10 men, and Robbie Keane scored with 30 secs to go.

DB

First Grade
It is fm11, with the January update. Was waiting till fm 12 comes out to upgrade.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
I'm waiting until 12 is released to start a new Arsenal game.

I'm up to 2018 in my current save. Barcelona haven't come for Cesc and Nasri hasn't started whinging...Yet.

HowHigh

Coach
Whens 2012 come out?

I only played half a season of 2011 with liverpool...i got a bit bored tbh and rushed through so I got fired lol

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Football Manager hands down.

If you like flashy graphics with sh*thouse gameplay, then the FIFA equivalent is for you.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I have worshipped at the feet of football manager for many years now. Unbeleivable depth to the game. Even better when you get a game going amoung a group of mates. Makes for some interesting derbies!

The basement league to penthouse challenge was always awesome too.

Never liked fifa or pro evo or any of the like.

I played FIFA Manager 07 and tbh it wasn't that bad but the FM games are just so far ahead it isn't funny. The depth is crazy.

One thing I miss from the old CM games is the one made up player who is just a total beast, scores 50 goals a season and is the required purchase as soon as you start, To Madeira being one and there was another in CM4 but the name escapes me.

You guys should download CM 01/02 for free from the Eidos website.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I played FIFA Manager 07 and tbh it wasn't that bad but the FM games are just so far ahead it isn't funny. The depth is crazy.

One thing I miss from the old CM games is the one made up player who is just a total beast, scores 50 goals a season and is the required purchase as soon as you start, To Madeira being one and there was another in CM4 but the name escapes me.

You guys should download CM 01/02 for free from the Eidos website.

I think that was the version i had my all conquering Roma team. good times.

I always went for the bargain kids and built a team. Had players in most years i would always buy

Latest posts